FYI for anyone trying to use Magicband+ from a WDW trip at DL

Kerr84

DIS Veteran
Just an FYI for anyone looking for this information. We had Magicband+ from a package at WDW and I could not get them to link into my Disnyland app. I kept getting error messages saying the code wasn't working or that I tried too many times. I tried several things and nothing worked. Finally, I used the chat feature in the DL app and the CM got all my Magicband+s linked very quickly. Then, it was a very easy process to assign them to each ticket. I was doing this for 6 people. I haven't paired them yet, but that is my next step. We will be using them in March at DL, so I don't have personal experience with that yet. Just wanted to share because I coudn't find a lot of information when I needed help.

Thank you for this!!! I was struggling to link my WDW MB+ for an upcoming trip, but a quick chat in the app I was able to link two bands to specific tickets.

Interesting - I had no issue linking our WDW MB+ to the DL app in November. I have been using mine at Disneyland regularly since they launched at DL. So easy to just whip out my wrist as needed.

I reached out to a Disney theme park journalist I use for advice occasionally and she mentioned it's not uncommon to have issues. I almost thought it was because my MB+ are WDW and 50th anniversary specific! I go to DLR this weekend, so fingers crossed my mom and I don't have any issues using them!

You can also scan the NFC chip to link a MB+ to the DL mobile app. I had one MB+ from WDW that wouldn't link by entering the code, but worked when scanning the NFC chip. Not sure when (or if), I will make it out to DLR, but I linked mine anyway.

None of the options (scan, ID, or camera) worked for me, hence the chat. I tried two MB+ and the same thing happened with both with each option multiple times. I tried unlinking them from MDE, factory resetting them, turning off and on, etc. Nothing worked for me, sadly, until I got on the chat. I'm glad I'm in the minority, but sharing in case there are other people in the same boat who are ultra confused!

None of the options (scan, ID, or camera) worked for me, hence the chat. I tried two MB+ and the same thing happened with both with each option multiple times. I tried unlinking them from MDE, factory resetting them, turning off and on, etc. Nothing worked for me, sadly, until I got on the chat. I'm glad I'm in the minority, but sharing in case there are other people in the same boat who are ultra confused!
What did the chat folks have you do that solved it? Or did they have to do it on their end?

Yes, same. I literally tried everything and then they did it on their end in less than 5 minutes. Glad this post actually helped someone else! I was legit panicking that they weren't going to work for us even though I had been reading that they would.

DW and I have used our MB+ at WDW before, and are getting ready for a DLR trip next. It took me several tries to get our MB+s linked to the Disneyland app. It didn't like me entering the code on the MB+, but after several NFC scans, it finally worked. Tickets are linked, and I hope it all work seamlessly once we get there.

Somewhat related question. Can anybody verify that the PhotoPass photographers can scan your MB+ similar to WDW? Last time we went to DLR, it just seemed messier and less efficient having them scan our tickets.

DW and I have used our MB+ at WDW before, and are getting ready for a DLR trip next. It took me several tries to get our MB+s linked to the Disneyland app. It didn't like me entering the code on the MB+, but after several NFC scans, it finally worked. Tickets are linked, and I hope it all work seamlessly once we get there.

Somewhat related question. Can anybody verify that the PhotoPass photographers can scan your MB+ similar to WDW? Last time we went to DLR, it just seemed messier and less efficient having them scan our tickets.

Yes, photopass can scan the bands. I had one photopass CM get so excited and say I was her first magic band scan of the day that day. I have also had them just autoscan their cards and hand them to me even though I have the MB out and ready to be scanned.

I also had trouble linking my WDW Magicband+ to my Disneyland account at first. Before resorting to phoning for help I made sure my band was fully charged and then tried the Scan process again. I was holding it at the back of my phone as directed but in the middle. When I moved it to the top back of my phone is when it linked successfully.

Following up to say our bands had no issues at DLR this weekend. I even linked my husbands WDW band/AP to my mom’s DLR park hopper and we had no problems using it for park entry, LL, and photopass. Sadly, in all this testing I ended up factory resetting my MB+ and lost all the bounties I collected in WDW, so I do not recommend doing that to try to connect a band to the DL app!!

We were having trouble linking our WDW MagicBands+ to the Disneyland app this week.
One was resolved through Disneyland chat - though at the time the CM tried and said they couldn't fix it on their end and I'd need to call in, it magically appeared a few hours later. The second was done through a call into Disneyland's ticketing phone line where the CM could add it without issue. However, the third wasn't working for the same CM so we need yet another transfer to their IT department (still unresolved). :confused3

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter