Future Ship Names

scgustafson

DIS Veteran/DCL Platinum
I am not sure how many of you have heard the rumors of 2 new ships coming to Disney Cruise Lines. From various CMs I have heard that the size has not been decided yet, could be classic, Dream class, or something in between, but most agree on a 2017 keel laying with a 2018 launch. But it is all rumor at this point. Anyway, last night my wife and I started speculating on names for these two new ships. The hard part is finding names in line with the current fleet name that will also sound good with Disney in front of it. A couple we came up with were Disney Believe and Disney Enchanted.
So what do the good people of this board think are good names for new additions to the DCL fleet?

ETA: Based on this announcement: http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/2016/03/disney_cruise_line_announces_2_2.html,
looks like this thread should be alive again.

Last edited:
I am not sure how many of you have heard the rumors of 2 new ships coming to Disney Cruise Lines. From various CMs I have heard that the size has not been decided yet, could be classic, Dream class, or something in between, but most agree on a 2017 keel laying with a 2018 launch. But it is all rumor at this point. Anyway, last night my wife and I started speculating on names for these two new ships. The hard part is finding names in line with the current fleet name that will also sound good with Disney in front of it. A couple we came up with were Disney Believe and Disney Enchanted.
So what do the good people of this board think are good names for new additions to the DCL fleet?

Whilst the official line has been no more for a while it's very funny because I have heard the rumour back this very week, keep them peeled.

The shareholders meeting made it very clear that they wanted to prioritise new ports rather than new ships but the lead in time for design and build is so long that with the Magic and Wonder getting older they do need to be replaced so there are rumours of two new ships now.

I think one will have a name played on the Magic and take over as the flagship of the fleet, A bit like Star Trek and the Enterprise, there will be a tie to the Magic . I add I do not think there will be an announcement just yet but They are working on it.

Future and Frontier.

Both are along the lines of exploration which is what Walt was all about. Both are lands found in the parks so you have that tie in too. Both sound cool with Disney before it... Disney Future and Disney Frontier. :thumbsup2

Addiction and Obsession.
Because thats what happens to you when you cruise DCL.:lmao:

This is the times where I curse DISBoards for not having a "like" button for posts. Unfortunately, those two names may lead to the next two being Bankruptcy and Depression.

Future and Frontier.

Both are along the lines of exploration which is what Walt was all about. Both are lands found in the parks so you have that tie in too. Both sound cool with Disney before it... Disney Future and Disney Frontier. :thumbsup2

My wife had headed down the "land" path as well based on Fantasy, but she had Tomorrow and Adventure.

My guess, Believe and Immagination

The shareholders meeting made it very clear that they wanted to prioritise new ports rather than new ships but the lead in time for design and build is so long that with the Magic and Wonder getting older they do need to be replaced so there are rumours of two new ships now.

The Magic and Wonder have a very long life ahead of them... Cruise ships usually stay with their original owner for 30+ years, and have a total like of 50+ years... Disney won't be getting rid of them any time soon... And honestly, there will be new ships well before the Magic and Wonder are sold/scrapped

pirate:

My guess, Believe and Immagination

The Magic and Wonder have a very long life ahead of them... Cruise ships usually stay with their original owner for 30+ years, and have a total like of 50+ years... Disney won't be getting rid of them any time soon... And honestly, there will be new ships well before the Magic and Wonder are sold/scrapped

pirate:

Yes fully aware of that,

Well they can last long, but often the first owner sells them on to another cruise line, to modernise the fleet, Magic has started to have ongoing issues that DryDock didn't solve.

The lead in time will be long.design / order wait list production.

Yes more life in them, but can they compete with the new cruise ships of other lines?

The Disney Adventure & Disney Imagination would be good names. How about Disney Pixiedust & Dinsey Flight? They could go with former studio locations like the Disney Hyperion & Disney Vista (as in Buena Vista).

Wonder which characters would be chosen for the atrium lobbies? We already have Miceky, Minnie, Donald, & Ariel. With all of the hoopla over Frozen, Anna & Elsa might be good choices.

The Disney Adventure & Disney Imagination would be good names. How about Disney Pixiedust & Dinsey Flight? They could go with former studio locations like the Disney Hyperion & Disney Vista (as in Buena Vista).

Wonder which characters would be chosen for the atrium lobbies? We already have Miceky, Minnie, Donald, & Ariel. With all of the hoopla over Frozen, Anna & Elsa might be good choices.

The Disney Pixar was one my wife threw out, so that would be in line with the studios. As for characters, I don't know if Anna and Elsa have proven their staying power yet to get a ship atrium. I think they should defer to finishing off the Fab Five with Goofy and Pluto.

As much as I would LOVE 2 more ships, Disney waited 13 years between the Magic/Wonder ships (1998/1999) and the Dream/Fantasy Ships (2011/2012). I doubt there is any truth to any more ships this soon. The Dream wasn't announced until 2007, a good 9 years after the Magic launched so I expect we wont even hear news on this until closer to 2018-2020 :-(

That said, my votes are for Disney Princess and Disney Imagination

I asked Captain Henry (?) at the Gold/Platinum reception what he would name the next ships... And he said he would name them after this daughters :)

Truthfully, I could see Disney imagination.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter