Future runDisney Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
That EO will not last long. Consider that international travel is going to require proof of vaccination. Is Florida’s dictator going to tell people in Florida that they can’t travel internationally? I’m sure airlines and the cruise industry will really appreciate that. I’m waiting for one of these clowns to take the next step and actually make the vaccines illegal 😀😀😀

As for the EO what if they did like ATC is doing and say proof of vaccination OR a negative test and allow either one? Or put another way.. negative test required but if you can provide proof of vaccination you can bypass the test. If you give options does that change things?

That EO will not last long. Consider that international travel is going to require proof of vaccination. Is Florida’s dictator going to tell people in Florida that they can’t travel internationally? I’m sure airlines and the cruise industry will really appreciate that. I’m waiting for one of these clowns to take the next step and actually make the vaccines illegal 😀😀😀

Check out Centner Academy in Miami; they've made it against policy for faculty and staff to get the vaccine because it can jump to an unvaccinated person and affect their menstrual cycle. True story

I don't know to what extent any of this can be conferred to the future of rD races, but some news out of Orange County, FL...

Effective immediately, physical distancing requirement is reduced to 3 feet in all settings, regardless of mask usage.

Masks: once 50% of the population has been vaccinated, outdoor masks mandate will drop entirely - expected to happen in the next 3 weeks. All mandates will lift when 70% of population is vaccinated, or when positive rate drops below 5%.

https://www.wesh.com/article/orange-county-mask-mandate-change/36278145#

I don't know to what extent any of this can be conferred to the future of rD races, but some news out of Orange County, FL...

Effective immediately, physical distancing requirement is reduced to 3 feet in all settings, regardless of mask usage.

Masks: once 50% of the population has been vaccinated, outdoor masks mandate will drop entirely - expected to happen in the next 3 weeks. All mandates will lift when 70% of population is vaccinated, or when positive rate drops below 5%.

Disney is more conservative with safety measures than Florida, but I think Disney would closely monitor how those restriction changes impact covid rates. Letting Florida experiment and seeing the results just gives them more data points to work with. Kinda like letting your drunk friend eat the questionable gas-station chicken wings first...just to make sure you don't get food poisoning.

Will FL ever hit 70% vaccinated? Most southern states won't get close.

The atlanta track club has been doing a lot of race with much larger start times, more corrals and smaller corrals and it works... on a closed course.

Disney is a problem just because they have very tight timelines for when roads, etc. HAVE to be open. So the ending time is a hard stop. So their options to do anything like that would be a) start earlier or b) reduce field size to say half and half the size of corrals. Not sure either is really workable.

Well, there is a third option actually.. move the race to ESPN and have it run all day.
Starting at night and running through the night would make it work.

So... FL's Surgeon General rescinded all previous COVID advisories and issued a new advisory. It states that vaccinated persons should not be advised to wear masks or avoid social or recreational activities, "except in limited circumstances." (It does not explain what "limited circumstances" means."
https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Public-Health-Advisory-filed-4.29.21.pdf

Thoughts...
WDW/rD is still free to do what it wants and I'd be shocked if it drops its mask policy for some time yet.
IDK how anyone is supposed to know if someone else is vaccinated, since nobody's allowed to require proof down here.
As others have mentioned, I would not be surprised to see other FL theme parks loosen their restrictions first - and soon - and WDW sit back and watch what happens.
As angsty as this news makes me feel personally as a Floridian, I do feel like it might point to a path to a return of in-person rD races.

Prominent physicians are already calling for venues, particularly smaller venues, to begin to require either proof of vaccination or recent test results, as a requirement for entry, and to allow the venues to operate at normal capacity. This would serve as added incentive for people to be vaccinated. I’d love to see grocery stores, restaurants, bars, and of course, Disney, implement proof of vaccination requirements (Disney could offer rapid testing at the medical tents as an option for guests who aren’t vaccinated.)

It’s illegal in FL to ask for proof of vaccination and a new executive order was just passed saying that as of July 1st it’s illegal for county government to still have any covid protocols like mask mandates/reduced capacity...
🙄🙄🙄

It’s illegal in FL to ask for proof of vaccination and a new executive order was just passed saying that as of July 1st it’s illegal for county government to still have any covid protocols like mask mandates/reduced capacity...
🙄🙄🙄

It's an executive order. It's not illegal in the sense most people think of. No one is going to get arrested or even fined. It just means that if businesses do require proof of vaccination, the state of FL will end any benefits (tax breaks, contracts, etc) with that business. Which many small businesses (and even large ones like Disney) don't receive benefits or have contracts anyway. This means there is nothing to prevent these places from requiring proof of vaccination if they want. Heck, even contractors with the state can decide the proof of vaccination is worth the loss of the state income and do it.

And from what I understand that's worst-case scenario. The legalities of the EO are murky.

Also, just saw that it looks like Pfizer may receive EUA for the vaccination with children 12-15 as early as this week. They've officially put in the request.

🙄🙄🙄
It's actually legislation, not an EO, that starts July 1. But he also penned an EO that makes it all take effect immediately, instead of waiting until July 1. But to reiterate myself: WDW is going to do what serves WDW best. I don't see masks going away there for a while. Which may or may not have any bearing on rD races resuming.

It's an executive order.
As of July 1, it's a legislative bill signed into law. The time from now until than is covered by an EO. But agreed - it's still murky as to how or if it can be applied to private businesses.

It's actually legislation, not an EO, that starts July 1. But he also penned an EO that makes it all take effect immediately, instead of waiting until July 1. But to reiterate myself: WDW is going to do what serves WDW best. I don't see masks going away there for a while. Which may or may not have any bearing on rD races resuming.

As of July 1, it's a legislative bill signed into law. The time from now until than is covered by an EO. But agreed - it's still murky as to how or if it can be applied to private businesses.
So, Florida REALLY has decided to kill the cruise industry and shut down all international travel (at least to any countries that will require proof of vaccination). Nice move Florida! By the way, does this extend to the long-standing International Certificate if Vaccination? Those are issued by HHS. Are those illegal in Florida?

So, Florida REALLY has decided to kill the cruise industry and shut down all international travel (at least to any countries that will require proof of vaccination). Nice move Florida! By the way, does this extend to the long-standing International Certificate if Vaccination? Those are issued by HHS. Are those illegal in Florida?
Excellent questions, with no answers at present! It's all murky and bizarre and heads are spinning down here trying to work out the ramifications. :headache:

Excellent questions, with no answers at present! It's all murky and bizarre and heads are spinning down here trying to work out the ramifications. :headache:
You all have my sympathies. Although there’s a huge contingent in my state that would love to go much further 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter