Future changes to park hopper rules?

This is not accurate, by the way.

I park hopped to EPCOT twice in June/July and got in the virtual queue for Guardians both times.

One time I didn’t even set foot in EPCOT until almost 6 PM and I still got on via the 1 PM drop.
I think for the 2nd drop these can be grabbed if still available after 2, many people have been doing it.
Suspect Disney wrote their statement before they knew that the 1 p.m. drop would be lasting for hours unlike previous VQs like Rise assuming they'd all be gone so prob IT never programmed for it.

The 2pm park hop is mainly due to CM shift change and staffing issues.
I would assume this is the case as well. 2pm Park Hopping when combined with Park Reservations means Disney can plan ahead better for staffing locations since they are not at 100% pre-pandemic staffing levels.

While I don't care for it, it makes sense from the Disney staffing perspective. I do think Disney should at least back off on the requirement that you have to 'tap in' to your reserved park before you can park hop. This seems unnecessary if it's 2pm, let park hoppers go wherever even if they decided to take the morning off and skip their reserved park.

Hmm...it seems to me if you didn't have to wait a "reasonable" amount of time to hop to your second park, people would reserve an unpopular, available park for their first park, then immediately transfer over to a park that was at capacity that morning.🤔

Or don't I understand the concept? I haven't been to WDW since 2015 or so. <sigh>

That should not be the case per Disney's rules: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/virtual-queue/

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind

A virtual queue is in place at Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. Guests will need to use the My Disney Experience app to enter the attraction. A standby queue will not be available. Each Guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day during regular park hours.

Guests must have valid admission and a theme park reservation to join the virtual queue. There will be 2 daily opportunities to request to join the virtual queue for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind:

• 7:00 AM (Guests do not need to be in the park when they join, but must have a theme park reservation for EPCOT)
  • 1:00 PM (Guests must be in EPCOT to join the virtual queue at this time)
I was in EPCOT when I joined the queue

The queue was just open for over 5 hours that day.

I was thinking about the 2 pm park hopper rule yesterday, and was wondering if it was mainly due to bus staffing. You need a lot more buses for park hopping. With a 2 pm start, that means you can have a bunch of bus drivers start at 1 pm, and an 8 hour shift would end right after DHS and Epcot close. If it started earlier, then they might have a dip in staffing right at park close, when they need a lot of buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter