furry babies

irene6118

Mouseketeer
I wasn't sure where to post this so I thought I would try here first. When our kids were little we used to go to Disney World all the time and knew all the ins and outs of wdw. Now the the children are grown and we have the 4 legged furry babies instead. We would like to board them someplace close to the parks and have heard that disney actually has kennels on property. Has anybody had any experience with these? Are there other places close by that are good? Any help would be appreciated.

This doesn't really answer your question, but we use a kennel near our home (not FL) recommended by our vet. Ask your practice who they recommend. You can even visit them before sending your precious pets there, just to make sure you get a good feeling.

We haven't used them but did stop in unannounced once several years ago and they went above and beyond to give us a complete tour. We found them meet and exceed our standards for our Girls. I do know people online that have both boarded and done Doggie Daycare with them that Rave about when they used then

We haven't used them but did stop in unannounced once several years ago and they went above and beyond to give us a complete tour. We found them meet and exceed our standards for our Girls. I do know people online that have both boarded and done Doggie Daycare with them that Rave about when they used then
Soo who are they? Name please I'd be very interested as well.

The Girls we had then were the Stinky Sisters . They weren't really sisters but they were really stinky. Maggie and WookieBear. Today we have the Savage Sisters they are in fact sisters and can even today just after their 5th birthday revert back to their Savage youth behavior. Sky and Katie.
Those that used Best Friends were from a the now defunct ( Closed 8 years ago) PassPorters.com.

I also have heard good things about Best Friends. It’s right across from Port Orleans. Would be very convenient if you stayed there. Also can keep pets at the campground if you have or rent an RV.

We had family stay at Fort Wilderness they put the dogs In there kennels during the day... same as they do when they are at work.
They have kennels that are like pop up tents (kinda like your sunshade) so they dont take up any room.

Last edited:

I also have heard good things about Best Friends. It’s right across from Port Orleans. Would be very convenient if you stayed there. Also can keep pets at the campground if you have or rent an RV.
Most Disney hotels now have some pet friendly rooms. Fee is $50. per night and you must arrange with Housekeeping as you need to be to be present when they come.
Happily we were Ft W fans prior to getting our RV. Big part of getting one was my DW got tired of me calling for my WookieBear in the middle of the night and not laying back down till she came , every night of trip 2 . Sky and Katie love Fort Wilderness. They swear we go there just for them and golf cart rides

Best Friends are a very clean and accommodating facility. They have various discounts, which is good because their expensive. Pets can be visited - I think twice - during the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter