• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

>> Funniest Overheard Comments Part II <<

During our most recent WDW trip, we overheard the following question posed to someone during our tram ride from the parking lot to the AK entrance: "Are there real animals here?"

That comment is hard to top, but we are sure that there are others!

Hahaha...that's pretty good!

I can't think of any off the top of my head but I always enjoy these threads.

I don't think it's that outrageous of a comment. Disney is known for its animatronics and its ability to make fantasy look like reality. If you've never been to Disney before or if you haven't read much about the parks, I can see someone wondering if what they're about to see are real animals or just very real-looking fake animals. Especially if the comment was made by a kid.

Now, if the comment was made by someone from the DIS .... that's a whole 'nother story!!

:earsboy:

That reminds me of our first trip to WDW. We'd seen the animatronic animals everywhere. We were on the riverboat when our youngest--nine at the time--pointed and excitedly yelled, "Hey! Look! A REAL squirrel!"

During our most recent WDW trip, we overheard the following question posed to someone during our tram ride from the parking lot to the AK entrance: "Are there real animals here?"

That comment is hard to top, but we are sure that there are others!

10 year old boy looking up to his father in the MK.

"Does Disney mean something?":

But in all fairness, we couldn't spell "overheard" correctly in this thread's title! Hasty typing resulted in "overhead." Dumb typing.

Just EDIT your title to correct the spelling.

Haha...thats a good one.
On our recent trip we were waiting in line to see mary poppins and bert and across the street in front of Tony's, Jiminey Cricket (excuse the spelling) had just come out and the lady in front of us said "Ohhh Look theres the Cockroach" hahah:rotfl:

Where did the OP go?

I think that if anyone was about to enter AK, they would have found out that it had real animals before they decided to go there. I wouldn't think most people would just pick a random place to vacation without knowing a single thing about it.

I am not sure this qualifies, but it always cracks me up when people get on busses and then say they are not sure where the bus is going. Or, they pop their heads in and ask the driver "Does this bus go to..."
I know sometimes the screens on the front of the bus are wrong, but it always makes me laugh!

i've heard a lot but my perennial favorites are:

'look, there's whatshername from lilo & stitch' (lilo)

and this one i just thought was odd.. at the african outpost in epcot

'this is africa - i wonder if there's a gift shop'

I am not sure this qualifies, but it always cracks me up when people get on busses and then say they are not sure where the bus is going. Or, they pop their heads in and ask the driver "Does this bus go to..."
I know sometimes the screens on the front of the bus are wrong, but it always makes me laugh!

We were once at DHS and were told no buses go to Typhoon Lagoon from there and that we'd have to go back to a resort. (I tried telling my mother that, but she wanted to double-check and ask the Bus Helpdesk CMs.) We hopped on a bus to CB because it was there and close. We were dropped off at one of the stops and figured we would wait for a bus for Typhoon.

Well, we step off the bus and he closes his doors, drives off and the sign says Typhoon Lagoon on it! He never mentioned "We'll be dropping off at CB and going on to Typhoon" or anything like that. We ran across the resort to pick up the bus at one of the other stops and the driver chuckled at us as we got back on the bus.

I would ask the driver if I were trying to make my way to DTD/BB/TL in the future just because of the above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter