Funniest comments you've overheard in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Animal Kingdom and my family was at the Meerkat exhibit and right after the 'Meerkat Keeper' (the person that explains what they are..it's just what my family call them) this man said to his children, "Kids, look at the Prarie Dogs!!"
I don't know if someone already said that, I just find it soo funny!

What I heard one time at the GF is more annoying than funny.

It was about three years ago and my sister, my dad, and I were going down the slide at one of the pools at the GF and this kid who was in front of us (seemed to be about 14 yo) asked the lifeguard if he could slide down head first. The lifeguard in return said, "no, that would't be right." Then it started!! The kid then said, "it ain't right, but it ain't wrong, but it just ain't right." Then, every stinkin' time we went up there the kid was always in front of us and two (the kid and the lifeguard) would recite this little phrase before he went down the slide. We went up about three or four times before we started to get annoyed and stopped going down the slide, :rotfl: . Now, we often bring that phrase up after someone askes if something is right. We all have a good laugh about it.

Us laughing at this unexpecting kid, it ain't right, but it ain't wrong, but it just ain't right....... :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

While riding Spaceship Earth for the first time ever, my dd who is 4, smelled Rome burning and while licking her lips said, "Mmmmm, I smell meat!".:lmao:

While riding Spaceship Earth for the first time ever, my dd who is 4, smelled Rome burning and while licking her lips said, "Mmmmm, I smell meat!".

:rotfl2: :lmao:

Just the other day at AK, we overheard someone telling their group that they'd meet them later as they wanted to go ride "Avalanche Explosion" again. It took me a second to figure out they meant Expedition Everest - lol! The rest of the trip we called EE Avalanche Explosion.

These were so funny guys! :rotfl2:

Thanks so much for all the laughs :thumbsup2

I could have done with out all the nitpicking :rolleyes:
about people calling things by the wrong name.

Let's cut the guys who aren’t total :earboy2: WDW geeks :earboy2:
some slack.

But isn't the nitpicking part of the fun?
This is one of the few places WDW geeks are allowed to be WDW geeks.

The calling things the wrong names isn't half as funny as being able to relate to the other posters who are overhearing these things.
"You mean everyone doesn't know the big golf ball is called Spaceship Earth? How dare they not know?" :)
I see it more as laughing at ourselves for being such nerds about the parks that we love.

I suppose the subject matter of the conversation might not have been funny (heck, it might have even ended up that way), but I got a kick years ago out of listening to this rather interesting fellow explain to a poor trapped Brit on the Splash Mountain line how the course of world events would have been completely different had the Confederate Army won the Civil War. This poor tourist from abroad couldn't get away from a conversation he showed little interest in.

WDWguru said:
Just the other day at AK, we overheard someone telling their group that they'd meet them later as they wanted to go ride "Avalanche Explosion" again. It took me a second to figure out they meant Expedition Everest - lol! The rest of the trip we called EE Avalanche Explosion.

I don't think people are nitpicking, because perhaps they overheard someone calling it Avalanch Explosion, thought it was cute, decided to call it Avalanch Explosion as well, and now WDWguru overheard them, thinks it's cute and is now calling it Avalanch Explosion. Perhaps by the time I get there (in 2 days, by the way :banana: ) that will be it's unofficial name, and I'll be calling it Avalanch Explosion. :cheer2: :yay: :bounce:

Just wanted to let all of you know that, thanks to one of my profs, Spaceship earth is now called "The time ride with greek theater"
:) Too cute imo!

please forgive me if this sounds "irreverant".... dh and i were staying at the dolphin during a morris cerulo conference it was being televised on the Dolphin tv channel, well he started speaking in tongues and went blah blah blah blah last word... honda! so we started laughing and all troughout our trip we "spoke in tongues" and ended with a different car such as toyota or ford It just stuck us funny! hope i didn't offend anyone!

During our last trip, we had just boarded the IASW boat when a very large, overweight woman tried to get on. The CMs wouldn't let her on saying that she was clearly over the weight limit (how they could tell that??? it's not like they had a scale there). Anyways, she was obviously quite upset and started pointing out other people either on boats or in line that she thought were too fat too, saying they should either get off their boat or also not be allowed to ride. It quickly turned into a bunch of people yelling at each other about how fat they were. Not quite in the spirit of the ride, but it was pretty funny.

A few years back when my Husband and I are in Tattoine Traders there is a small boy and his dad looking at the Star Wars action figures and the Dad asks what one the son wants and he says "Luke Skyscraper", as everyone laughed the little boy didn't have a clue what he had done!

Another time in EPCOT there were two roughly 60 yo ladies in the bathroom discussing what EPCOT stands for and as they said the words together on finished correctly the other one said "...Community Of Life" and when her friend corrected her that the final word was "Tomorrow" she said "Is it not Life", So my Husband and I often call it EPCOL, LOL :rotfl2:

The last one was a Mother announcing, really loudly, to the rest of her group and the rest of the park that her young child "has gotta go potty" like it was something we all wanted to know and should help her with.

I'm not nit-picking (well ok I am) but it annoys me when people call fastpass, 'fast-track' It is clearly written above fastpass kiosk and on the pass itself as well as everywhere in the map.

We were on a Disney bus on our way to MGM and a woman was telling her child to "behave, we're nearly there, Don't you wanna see Jimmy Neutron?" Maybe he did but she was heading to the wrong place and was gonna end up with one angry little man on her hands. :lmao:

pampam said:
I don't think people are nitpicking, because perhaps they overheard someone calling it Avalanch Explosion, thought it was cute, decided to call it Avalanch Explosion as well, and now WDWguru overheard them, thinks it's cute and is now calling it Avalanch Explosion. Perhaps by the time I get there (in 2 days, by the way :banana: ) that will be it's unofficial name, and I'll be calling it Avalanch Explosion. :cheer2: :yay: :bounce:

I'm all for that - okay, the official unofficial name of EE is now Avalanche Explosion. Done.

And to reiterate, I think that's exactly the case. In this instance, it was WAY off and quite obvious. It was cute and really funny because we just couldn't fathom where they'd gotten that name from! In some cases, like Fast Track for Test Track, I agree it's just being nitpicky, but most of the time it's just kinda cute.

WDWguru said:
I'm all for that - okay, the official unofficial name of EE is now Avalanche Explosion. Done.

And to reiterate, I think that's exactly the case. In this instance, it was WAY off and quite obvious. It was cute and really funny because we just couldn't fathom where they'd gotten that name from! In some cases, like Fast Track for Test Track, I agree it's just being nitpicky, but most of the time it's just kinda cute.

I agree. Of course, in my family we always refer to Spaceship Earth as Spaceship Beth, because that's what my DD called it when she was 2 (Beth is my name). 16 years later we're still calling it that, and if any of you happen to overhear us saying it, you have my official permission to laugh at us behind our back and tell the story in this thread! :thumbsup2

ibelieveinmagic said:
please forgive me if this sounds "irreverant".... dh and i were staying at the dolphin during a morris cerulo conference it was being televised on the Dolphin tv channel, well he started speaking in tongues and went blah blah blah blah last word... honda! so we started laughing and all troughout our trip we "spoke in tongues" and ended with a different car such as toyota or ford It just stuck us funny! hope i didn't offend anyone!

Reminds me of being in Italy - one night we were dead tired, in the hotel room, flippng through the TV stations (had been staying with my cousin so we had "military cable" most of the time, this was our first experience with Italian TV) and The Flintstones were on, the live action movie. . . my aunt and I were slap happy about peeing out pants laughing. The next year we were there again and had spent a long weekend in Rome on our own. We woke up one morning and had a flashback . . . except it was Bear in the Big Blue House. It normally takes me about a half an hour to start to get functional. . . nothing wakes you up like the Italian theme to Bear. To this day I'll randomly sing, "Dove, Dove, Dove l'ombra. . " (where oh where oh where is shadow) or something close to that, LOL. . .

This actually happened in at Universal's Islands of Adventure, but it is too good not to tell. We were in the Jurassic Park section where one of the staff was operating a lifelike small dinosaur puppet. A woman behind me actually asked "is that a real dinosaur?" At least to her credit she then promptly realized what a silly statement it was and turned five shades of red.

We still say it to this day and just laugh, laugh, laugh. Actually it's kind of sad. On our honeymoon (almost 15 years ago) we saw two children at the Contemporary pool with their nanny. They were getting kind of cranky so Mom came down and told them "You're ruining our vacation!" It was mid day and apparent that these kids had been going at it all day. I can now relate to how Mom felt but try to keep a better perspective!!!

WDWguru said:

From what I read on this board, this sounds pretty common.. you hear someone use a goofy name for something, so you start using it as a joke. It makes me wonder.. does someone else hear YOU saying it, then starts using it to make fun of you, and so on, and so on. It's a vicious circle!! It's like the wrong names are contagious! :lmao: Maybe eventually, someone will overhear the silly name, and believe that's what it's really called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter