Fun Questions for DL Veterans

xipotec

Grinning Ghosts
I used to post a similar question list back in the WDW forums, so lets start some fun here.
1. Any rides that lett or right side is better view/experience?(Disneyland Railroad for example? River boat?

2. Your must do snack (no cheating and saying Dole Whip)

3. Where is your out the way rest spot?( Both Parks?)

4. Best Bathrooms?

5. Favorite Structure? (Ride/restaurant/shop?)

6. Favorite Photo spot , excluding the Castle?

7. At opening…left, straight or right?

8. Best Quick service?

9. Best little known “secret”

10. Ride you wouldn't mind if it closed, ( both parks)

Have fun! I am looking forward to your answers!

1. Any rides that lett or right side is better view/experience?(Disneyland Railroad for example? River boat?
I like the port (left) side of the Mark Twain to be able to watch the crowds as we depart and catch a glimpse of those naughty beavers working on the trestle under the bridge.

Always churros. They are a family favorite.

DL: Tom Sawyer’s Island (or Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln for air conditioning and a seat)
DCA: Animation Academy
4. Best Bathrooms?
The closest, lol. Though I do like the Alice themed restrooms just around the corner from the Alice and Wonderland attraction.
Pirates of the Caribbean attraction and Blue Bayou restaurant
Sitting on the dynamite keg on the rafts to TSI.
Left
8. Best Quick service?
Jolly Holiday
The Little Man of Disneyland’s house just outside the entrance to Indiana Jones queue at the base of one of the trees on the right hand side.
Goofy’s Sky School 🤢😵‍💫🤕

I used to post a similar question list back in the WDW forums, so lets start some fun here.

4. Best Bathrooms?

8. Best Quick service?

1. Left side-Riverboat. Right side-Small World
2. A cupcake and a Mickey pretzel
3. Disneyland- Hungry Bear top floor seating area, toward the back.
4. The ones near Rancho del Zocalo. Also Fantasyland Theater restrooms.
5. Main Street.
6. Snow White's grotto and Peter Pan
7. Straight to Fantasyland.
8. Jolly Holiday
9. The moving "pole" in the Indy queue. (If it's still there!)
10. Roger rabbit & Goofy's sky school.

Fun questions! :)

Last edited:

4. Best Bathrooms?

8. Best Quick service?

1. Agree with above. Not sure which side of the Matterhorn is smoother but given it's a copy of Space Mountain at WDW, whichever one that is. They may not always have both sides running.
2. Mickey Beignets at Mint Julip Bar
3. Just outside the Matterhorn behind Edelweiss Snack, in between it and It's a Small World is a covered portion of the Monorail line that used to be where the speedboat ride was. It's a nice place you can sit and relax.
4. Whichever one keeps me from bursting at the time. We always seem to stop down for the ones next to Red Rose Tavern. Fun fact, if you look behind the Lemonade and Pin Cart there, you'll see steps that used to go to the old Fantasyland Skyway station. You used to be able to see the station but they tore it down when they started doing Star Wars Land.
5. Pirates. Beautiful building and the ambiance when you board the boat and travel through the quiet bayou with the diners at Blue Bayou off in the distance can't be beat.
6. Sitting in the outdoor patio of Jolly Holiday looking towards the Castle and Matterhorn.
7. Right. We always hit up Tomorrowland. Star Tours, grab FP for Space Mountain, Buzz then go eat breakfast.
8. Rancho Del Zocalo
9. The little pathway that runs behind Harbor Galley. Walk behind the Sailing Ship Columbia. There's a path that takes you to Critter Country and runs over part of Splash Mountain. It has an incredible shot of the Splash drop.
10. Not a ride so much as a building. Star Wars Launch Bay needs to be imploded and something else built on top of it. Or go full retro and put the Carousel of Progress back there.

I like the right side for the Pirates of the Caribbean. For the Matterhorn, I prefer the Fantasyland side.

Raspberry macaron from Jolly Holiday Bakery.

The Matterhorn or Carsland (both day and night)

DL-straight to Fantasyland, DCA- straight and then left to Pixar Pier

8. Best Quick service?

Corn Dog Castle in DCA

The red and white light bulb at Refreshment Corner, the phone in Market House (Starbucks), and the rope hanging out of the well in the Indiana Jones queue

DL- Storybook Canal Boats
DCA- Monsters Inc.

1. Row 15 on Thunder Mountain.
2. CHURROS CHURROS CHURROS!!!!
3. Actually between both parks - the GCH lobby. The ambiance, AC and removal from a park is a great break. Esp if park hopping to the GCH you can use the hotel entrance.
4. Honestly none hold a candle to the Tangled bathrooms at MK
5. its not *the* castle but inside the castle - the walkthrough of Sleeping Beauty is so special.
6. Galaxy’s Edge at night. CarsLand at Night - there is a great spot as you walk past RSR out of carsland (not the main entrance) which often is not crowded and has great views of the moiuntains.
7. Straight
8. Gah! I don’t know, they are all good!!! I’ll go different and say Plaza Inn or Flo’s Fried Chicken
9. Probably not a secret, but Snow White’s wishing well. You can hear her sing (also especially great at night.)
10. DL - splash (I know, I know, but I always end up soaked and cranky, lol) DCA - the zephyr ride. Not my thing.

2. Your must do snack - Cream cheese pretzels and pickles.
3. Where is your out the way rest spot?( Both Parks?) - Lower area of Hungry Bear or back area of Pizza Port.
4. Best Bathrooms? Well if I said, it would become over crowded, so my second favorites are by Autopia and by Off the Page in DCA.
5. Favorite Structure? (Ride/restaurant/shop?) Radiator Springs Racers
7. At opening…left, straight or right? Sometimes left, usually right.
8. Best Quick service? Rancho in DL and Boardwalk Pizza in DCA.
9. Best little known “secret” -Wouldn't be a secret then would it!
10. Ride you wouldn't mind if it closed, ( both parks) - Can't really say any.

Great questions! What constitutes a DL veteran? Doubt I qualify (6 times, 7th in a couple months) but I'll answer anyway.

No idea. See I guess I'm not a veteran after all! :D

Turkey leg for sure, though my wife would probably say beignets.

DL - agree with mdmost, the stretch between Small World and Matterhorn is usually pretty empty of people, and plenty places to sit in shade.
DCA - Love sitting on the benches between Grizzly River Run and the wilderness area, just love the trees and ambiance. Or, maybe just in the wilderness area itself.

4. Best Bathrooms?
We usually had good luck with the bathrooms at the Red Rose Tavern in Fantasyland, but now with all the traffic between there and Star Wars land, they are probably a lot busier.

This is a TOUGH question, so many great ones! I think I agree with a couple of posters that Pirates has got to be the best. The front building, the line inside, Blue Bayou, and then once we get out I usually end up buying something at Pieces of Eight, they get me every time. PLEASE be open in June!!

I always love when you get out of the Tiki room, I usually sit/stand on the steps, and take a picture looking out across Adventureland. That's probably my favorite overall land in both parks.

It's better to go left... but we always go right, more because it's sentimental.

8. Best Quick service?

We always wait until we get into the waiting area for Tiki room to get our Dole Whips. The line outside is always long, but there usually isn't one on the inside, at least when we've been there (last time was 6 years ago)

There are no more secrets in the era of the internet and social media, lol.

DL - Finding Nemo. Honestly it's a cool ride, and beautiful, and one of my favorite Pixar films, but I'm on the slightly taller side so I find the submarines really uncomfortable, and a bit claustrophobic, so I'm torn to go on it. Takes away that tough decision. It was actually closed last time we went, and I was fine with that.
DCA - Maybe Jumpin Jellyfish? My kids have outgrown it.

1. Any rides that left or right side is better view/experience?(Disneyland Railroad for example? River boat?
Whichever side of a ride line moves faster
Mickey gingerbread or Victorian toffee (ideally, both)
Not exactly out of the way, but I love to sit on "Walt's bench" on the porch on Main St
4. Best Bathrooms?
Club 33
Haunted Mansion
The fountain plaza outside of Carthay restaurant when the trees are in bloom
Left
8. Best Quick service?
Not sure if this is considered Quick service, but the bread bowls at Boudin
Not sure. Maybe the upside down orange trees in Jungle Cruise?
I guess I'd mind if anything closed, but I wouldn't mind if they replaced Astro Blasters in DL or TSMM in DCA with something else. Can't ride those as for some reason they're migraine triggers for me.

Slight alteration to the question. Going with front and back here.
The last car on BTMRR is the best one on the ride since you start to accelerate before the peak of each hill. More thrilling, and more fun. Would love it if the whole train accelerated over the hill.
Frozen Banana
Near Haunted Mansion with a view of the River.
4. Best Bathrooms?
The Alice in Wonderland bathroom always sticks out in my head for the playing card stall doors.
Haunted Mansion
Anywhere along the Rivers of America
If you mean which tunnel under the train tracks, I always go right.

If you mean from the hub, I almost always start in Adventureland so left. 👍🏼
8. Best Quick service?
Depends on my mood, but my favorites are The French Market and Rancho del Zocalo
Not available for free anymore, but when the Lillie Belle became available for anyone so long as you reserved a spot for it. Probably the most magical experience I’ve ever had in the park.
Not a ride, but I wouldn’t be upset if the Fantasyland theater was replaced.

On the RR, you either need to sit in the cars that all face right, or sit on the right side of the train to have a good view of the diorama
Raspberry macarons, and the garlic cheddar twist from Maurice‘s… even better with the marinara
Tom Sawyer Island
4. Best Bathrooms?
The ones in Galaxy’s Edge are pretty cool, but the ones between Rancho and Fantasyland don’t usually have a huge line
Pretty much all of NOS area… and GCH
Across from the pier at night, along the water with the Wheel and everything all lit up. It’s so pretty!
We always go left, it’s just habit at this point
8. Best Quick service?
These days we like Pym‘s, or Royal Street Veranda for chowder bowls
I love that Mr. Limpit is inside The Little Mermaid ride, is that secret? I suppose most people have no idea who that is anymore…
Either the Silly Symphony Swings, or Golden Zephyr… they are just too similar, I say pick one and do something different with the other…

4. Best Bathrooms?

8. Best Quick service?

1. Not a left or right thing, but I'm a big fan of the front row on Indy, Pirates, and It's a Small World.

2. Mickey pretzel...or just any pretzel (Bavarian at DCA). I'm a sucker for carbs.

3. DL - sitting area behind Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. DCA - benches on the side of Grizzly River Run.

4. Hungry Bear restrooms in the AM

5. All of Carsland

6. Same, Carsland

7. Always right to enter, and left to leave so I can say bye to Walt's lamp ♥️

8. Craftsman Grill at GCH, for parks Rancho Del Zocalo.

9. Pixie Hallow has a cute fairy light show at night. I think it's every 15-20 min.

10. DCA - Golden Zephyr...way too short of a ride. DL- Autopia. Takes up too much real estate and smells horrible.

1. This is random, but I feel like if you go to the left line in pirates, you don't end up stuck right behind another boat for most of the attraction.

2. Pixar Pier Frosty Parfait. Before this came out, it was the strawberry street car sundae at gibson girl.

3. Disneyland - Fowler's Harbor. DCA - Animation Building

4. The ones next to Alice in Wonderland

5. The Collector's Fortress

6. The bridge behind fowler's harbor that is right over top of the tunnel after the splash mountain drop. Very little known spot, but it's beautiful. Also sitting by the red lighthouse looking thing as you approach Pixar Pier with your back towards the pal-o-round.

7. Right. Every time.

8. Personal preference, pacific wharf cafe

9. Fowler's harbor! I've mentioned it a few times, but its awesome. As you are walking past haunted mansion and are heading into critter country, go all the way to the right, past harbour gallery. Keep walking around the side of the buildings - you get a great view of the river and a great quiet seating area. Keep walking along this path and you get a great view of the splash mountain drop and get to listen to excited guests come out of the tunnel right after the drop. I love just soaking that spot in.

10. Autopia (not because of the attraction, but because of space and opportunity cost) and Golden Zephyr.

1. I always have the best luck with staying on whatever side that is moving along the fastest. No line dawdling, please!

2. Fresh hot popcorn from the Main Street hub vendor and a fountain coke from Coke Corner

3. Dland - bench on the path from Frontierland to Royal Theater. Only one bench, it’s hidden from Main Street but you can watch everything that’s going on there. DCA - Sonoma Terrace couches

4. DLand - Black Spire Outpost DCA - Hollywood Backlot

5. The beautiful ironwork in New Orleans Square

6. Mad Tea Party at night

7. The right side to see what’s new at Disneyana.

8. Dland - Coke Corner DCA - Sonoma Terrace 🍷

9. Evil Queen above Snow White

10. Little Mermaid 🧜‍♀️ 🥱

4. Best Bathrooms?

8. Best Quick service?

1. I don't know that I have a preference on anything in particular.
2. Matterhorn Macaroon from Jolly Hiliday
3. I never rest! But if I did, probably in the Animation building at DCA where they project all around.
4. Probably the ones between the hub and Tomorrowland - at least I always seem to be using them. It's also a great place to spot characters as their backstage access is right there.
5. I mean, I want to say Haunted Mansion, but Radiator Springs Racers is pretty amazing.
6. I don't take a lot of photos, but probably HM or the Tomorrowland Sign/Astro Orbiter.
7. Always clockwise, so left!
8. Pacific Wharf Cafe
9. The animal heads from Country Bears in the Winnie the Pooh ride - you have to look behind you!
10. Everything's good!

ohh fun!
1. Any rides that left or right side is better view/experience?(Disneyland Railroad for example? River boat?
Not left or right but I prefer the last row on Big Thunder.

Beignets! All and any flavors! Churro's a close second.

Benches near Small World. Also love to ride the Disneyland Railroad all around when I want to take a break.

4. Best Bathrooms?
Galaxy's Edge.

Pirates and New Orleans Square in general.

Small World.

Always left.

8. Best Quick service?
Mint Julep Bar & Ronto Rosters.

I'm a Haunted Mansion fan since before there was movie. I've always loved to point out little facts about it to friends and family whenever we ride it. Little things, like "these gargoyles were hand carved" or point out Imagineers on the tombs.

Autopia and the Ferris Wheel.

left side on Matterhorn (though I usually do single rider and can't choose)

Ok, honestly, my main must do is Dole Whip....but also popcorn, Matterhorn macaroon, and the savory lumpia from Tropical Hideaway. And I recently discovered the beauty that is a hot Mickey pretzel. (Can you tell I love Disney snacks?)

DCA - the Animation Academy building main area. I'll sit there watching the videos forever. So peaceful.
DL - not out of the way I guess...but, riding the train is my go to rest spot.

4. Best Bathrooms?
Probably the Alice and Wonderland ones...but I'm not picky. I go to whatever's closest.

The Small World front facade. Especially at Christmas. But all the time, really. Also, the tiny buildings in Storybookland Canal Boats. I adore miniatures.

A shot of Pixar Pier over the water from the boardwalk approaching it, especially at sunset. Also just Main Street in general.

Always right.

8. Best Quick service?
Bengal BBQ

I doubt I know anything very secret.

DCA - The wheel of terror AKA Pixar Pal Around...although I do love how it looks in pictures. So, Jumpin Jellyfish, then?
DL - Roger Rabbit

4. Best Bathrooms?

8. Best Quick service?

1. NA for this one
2. Corndog! Probably one of your better value foods. Toffee for the road.
3. DL = that quiet stretch between SWGE and Critter Country; DCA = the even more quiet stretch between Soarin' and Redwood Creek Challenge.
4. Toddler Center (not for me! lol)
5. PeopleMover (RIP)
6. The flowers/bushes against the Carrousel
7. We come from DtD, so we stay left
8. GCH Craftsman Grill, but we still call it Whitewater Snacks
9. Hotel reservation bucket
10. DL = Autopia (it's a neck injury waiting to happen for me); DCA = The Little Mermaid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter