Fun Conversations- White Card Members Only

The only other thing would be exclusions from new properties. We are unable to use our points at Riviera and most seem to think that'll be the case with the new tower at poly as well but that remains to be seen. I'd try to keep expectations low and count on nothing more than 11 month booking at your home resort and 7 months at the other original properties, with free parking and pool access. Anything else would be gravy.
All of this joking about white card only parties did get me thinking... If DVC is going to keep rewarding direct buyers with special perks, maybe the resale brokers should step up and provide some perks and benefits to their customer base! While Disney obviously has a lot more tools at their disposal and nothing on Disney property could be made exclusive for resale buyers, that doesn't mean they can't get creative. Maybe resale only discounts, transportation and events on universal property! That could be fun and send an interesting message. Universal parks are not much further than Disney parks from Disney resorts. Maybe we should start to use our already paid for DVC points to stay at the resorts and spend more of our money elsewhere? We should also put together some resources about what resale doesn't get vs direct and discuss workarounds and alternatives.

I know people will get angry at me pointing this out but I have never not received a discount when avaialable for DVC members. This excludes AP and those things but at restaurants or stores I always show them my DVC when asked and they give a discount. That could go away of course but fair to point out. I believe it technically that is for Blue card members but only realized I was "getting away" with it for the last 2 years since I bought in.
Ok, that is consistent with what I have seen others post. My assumption is that those will also get less and less but doesn't hurt to ask. I just signed up for the owner's locker and got the member discount for that. Probably more of those third parties that will not differentiate? Wonder about putt-putt? If AP's come back, I'll strongly consider buying in direct. Until then, I'll take my $25k I saved on my resale contract and pay the extra 10% on dinner.

Ok, that is consistent with what I have seen others post. My assumption is that those will also get less and less but doesn't hurt to ask. I just signed up for the owner's locker and got the member discount for that. Probably more of those third parties that will not differentiate? Wonder about putt-putt? If AP's come back, I'll strongly consider buying in direct. Until then, I'll take my $25k I saved on my resale contract and pay the extra 10% on dinner.
I believe there are credit cards that can get similar discounts too.

And just when you thought somebody had FINALLY taken the trash out, you come back, and there it still is.

Oh! BUMP. :)
You better be careful wandering the ghetto on safari, you don't want to get lost in these neighborhoods! Wouldn't you be more comfortable within the safe and secure confines of your gated community!? Quick, somebody steal his fancy blue card!

All of this joking about white card only parties did get me thinking... If DVC is going to keep rewarding direct buyers with special perks, maybe the resale brokers should step up and provide some perks and benefits to their customer base! While Disney obviously has a lot more tools at their disposal and nothing on Disney property could be made exclusive for resale buyers, that doesn't mean they can't get creative. Maybe resale only discounts, transportation and events on universal property! That could be fun and send an interesting message. Universal parks are not much further than Disney parks from Disney resorts. Maybe we should start to use our already paid for DVC points to stay at the resorts and spend more of our money elsewhere? We should also put together some resources about what resale doesn't get vs direct and discuss workarounds and alternatives.I’m guessing the extra $10-$15k that DVC makes off a direct contract goes a bit further than the $600 a resale broker might make off the same contract.
I’m guessing the extra $10-$20k DVC makes off a direct sale goes a bit further than the $600 a resale agent might make off the same contract.

I mean at the end of the day the pizza slice you are getting a discount on is already marked up and they don't care. It got you in the door to pay a ton for already. I even had my mobile order app work with the discount in the disney store at Disney Springs. That one confused me but they are not DVC employees and really do not care about what status we are. I am sure DVC will get very aggressive about it at Disney owned locations in the future but I expect most other vendors to never care.

I’m guessing the extra $10-$20k DVC makes off a direct sale goes a bit further than the $600 a resale agent might make off the same contract.
They likely do a little better than that at 8-10% commissions with a lot less overhead. But yeah, drops in the bucket for sure.

It's the gesture that counts though. Surely they can afford to sponsor some of our ping pong and shuffleboard tournaments, provide some uniforms and trophies. Maybe pizza and ice cream. Pontoon boat tour? We just want to feel fancy and special too. White card members matter! ✊

They likely do a little better than that at 8-10% commissions with a lot less overhead. But yeah, drops in the bucket for sure.

It's the gesture that counts though. Surely they can afford to sponsor some of our ping pong and shuffleboard tournaments, provide some uniforms and trophies. Maybe pizza and ice cream. Pontoon boat tour? We just want to feel fancy and special too. White card members matter! ✊

No you don't. That's the whole point!

Well since I have both types of cards, I guess I can join this discussion...
All of this joking about white card only parties did get me thinking... If DVC is going to keep rewarding direct buyers with special perks, maybe the resale brokers should step up and provide some perks and benefits to their customer base! While Disney obviously has a lot more tools at their disposal and nothing on Disney property could be made exclusive for resale buyers, that doesn't mean they can't get creative. Maybe resale only discounts, transportation and events on universal property! That could be fun and send an interesting message. Universal parks are not much further than Disney parks from Disney resorts. Maybe we should start to use our already paid for DVC points to stay at the resorts and spend more of our money elsewhere? We should also put together some resources about what resale doesn't get vs direct and discuss workarounds and alternatives.

You already get a very big perk in the reduced price of the contract you are buying via resale.

You already get a very big perk in the reduced price of the contract you are buying via resale.
Totally valid.... And, IMO, the "perks", although not guaranteed, are really the only advantage of going direct for now - until more restricted resorts come into play. That said, those resale contracts still pay the same dues and spend the same money in parks and restaurants as blue card members. I can see an argument for reserving the bigger perks for blue card while allowing some of the smaller ones for white card to at least make them feel like part of the family. LOL. Like, am I going to be allowed to buy the DVC Member merchandise on my next trip..? Or is that only for blue card?

That said, those resale contracts still pay the same dues and spend the same money in parks and restaurants as blue card members.
You have access to all of the resort services which are covered by Member dues.

Millions of people spend money in the parks. Disney still picks and chooses which groups qualify for discounts.

I can see an argument for reserving the bigger perks for blue card while allowing some of the smaller ones for white card to at least make them feel like part of the family.
I would not expect that to happen. DVC has made it pretty clear for 5+ years now that perks are reserved for direct buyers.

LOL. Like, am I going to be allowed to buy the DVC Member merchandise on my next trip..? Or is that only for blue card?
In my experiences, they do not check IDs before selling member or resort merchandise. Sometimes for exclusive pins or magic bands—Cast Members are not always consistent. But it’s unlikely anyone would ask for ID before selling a DVC t-shirt.

Totally valid.... And, IMO, the "perks", although not guaranteed, are really the only advantage of going direct for now - until more restricted resorts come into play. That said, those resale contracts still pay the same dues and spend the same money in parks and restaurants as blue card members. I can see an argument for reserving the bigger perks for blue card while allowing some of the smaller ones for white card to at least make them feel like part of the family. LOL. Like, am I going to be allowed to buy the DVC Member merchandise on my next trip..? Or is that only for blue card?

Just to clarify….where to use points is not tied to membership extras…blue card…in any way.

It is based on the terms of BVTC. Someone can add on 50 direct points, and those will be usable everywhere, even If they are not eligible for membership extras

It's funny how some people never read a thread to see what it's about. There wasn't supposed to be anything serious in here at all, yet bet me money that somebody gets offended. And soon. Simply because they interjected their two cents and never bothered to even see what the thread they were interjecting themselves into was all about. Bet me.

Yes since DVC doesn't technically exclude you if you have a white card but rather only includes you if you have a blue card I suppose we should allow the hybrids since they have qualifying white cards. And yes extra cash is always nice 🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter