Frustrated with Disney Pin Codes

PigletsMommy

Mouseketeer
I am so frustrated with this process! I was in my late teens or early 20's when I originally signed up with Disney's website. I don't remember exactly when or what made me sign up. Since then I have moved several times, gotten married...and grown up a little. So I changed my email address and stopped using that old one. Mostly so I could have a 'normal' email for job hunting or business matters. I signed up my updated email and information at Disney website. I still check the old one occasionally. This year alone I have gotten 5 pin codes sent to that old email. Each time I call they wont let me use it because my last name is no longer the same and I cant remember the address on it. Honestly, I'm starting to wonder if I made up an address just to sign up. I just cant remember.

Luckily a few months ago I found one understanding CM who let me book with the pincode just by verifying the email it was sent to when I explained the situation. She told me that they cant update information once its put into their system in the original form. That means no name changes or address changes?! What?! Do they not expect people to move...get married or get divorced?

Unfortunately we had to cancel that trip :sad2:

I love receiving pin codes but its so frustrating to not be able to use them because I cant remember the address I put in 10 years ago.

It is frustrating...but even if they had the info correct, you still may not get any of the pincodes.

Katie,

I was having similar issues with my email address. I've had the same email address since 1992, so I was registered with my maiden name, one of many prior addresses and not even my correct b-day (I don't typically trust online security measures, so I'm always hesitant to use my correct b-day).

So I had them delete the email from the system so that I could re-register it with my now married name, current address and my correct b-day.

Can't guarantee that you'll continue to get Pin codes at that email, but you can get in the info corrected this way.

It is frustrating...but even if they had the info correct, you still may not get any of the pincodes.

Umm, she said she is getting pin codes but can't use them because of the address - seems to me that if Disney could/would update contact information it would be quite helpful to the OP.

I have had the same problem...alot of my pin codes come with my maiden name. I always explain to them that I am now married. They have never had a problem booking a reservation. I have even taken my marriage certificate with me ( didn't have to use it). Maybe call back and tell them you have moved several times and need to update your address. Then call and rebook your vacation. I hope this helps.

Thanks for all the responses. I'm not sure what to do. I would hate to tell them to delete my email from their system...and then not get anything. I also asked the CM the last time I called if I could update my home address and she said no that you have to verify the addy you originally gave. That seemed odd to me so maybe I will try calling and asking another CM? I know sometimes you get multiple answers for same questions from different CMs. She did suggest to hypen my name, if only for my WDW trips so there wouldnt be any confusion.

I don't get it either. I recently found our we got a PIN that I never received because we moved. It was sent to an old address but in the correct name, which I really don't get because we lived at that address before we got married! What I ended up doing when we moved this last time was registering DH on the site for the very first time, using his e-mail address and this home address. At least this way, one of us has a chance at getting a snail mail PIN! Fortunately I did have the sense to register my portable, free AOL address as my primary e-mail rather than the one that was connected to my ISP, so that has remained unchanged.

I am a little surprised that you've had such poor luck with being able to use the PINs sent to old names/addresses. I've used two that were sent to me under my maiden name without a problem. Like a previous poster mentioned, I did tuck my marriage license in with the kids' birth certificates in my travel folder, but was never asked for any proof of my maiden name.

Probably trying to contact another CM would help. If not, trying to contact someone a little higher in the chain generally work. The only difficult thing is to find the contact information. Seems to work a lot with airlines companies...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter