Frontier- when will they open up flights for Nov?

phillymummer

DIS Veteran
Hello DIS!

I am looking into possibly flying to Disney in November. I have flown SW before and love them, but someone suggested to check out Frontier as well. So I did. I went to check their prices and right now, they are accepting bookings through Oct 24. Is there a place on their website that will tell me when they will open up booking for November? I have searched their website and didn't find anything.

Is Frontier like SW, in that their cheapest fares are the first day the booking opens?

Also.. did I read this correctly- they charge for carry-ons and checked luggage? :eek: In that case, it seems that Frontier is not really cheaper than SW..... I did a price comparison using the same dates in OCT. SW was more expensive, but that was before I added in the charge for luggage.

One more question- Should I sign up for the "discount den"?

Thanks!

~PM

I'm not sure they give a set timeframe for when they open up. At least none that I've ever seen and I've searched in the past.

Generally, no you don't see the cheapest booking when they open. Frontier is one of the few that usually the cheaper fares are much closer to the date you will be flying. I got $30 round trip one week out in February and $40 round trip in October with promos.

Frontier is a typical discount airline that charges for everything. If you want to choose your own seats there is a fee, carry-on has a fee, checked bags have a fee, you even pay for snacks. That said when the rates are really good (like what we've had so far) they have still been cheaper than our other options where we are. But SW also is far from the cheapest airline around here and has very few nonstop flights. I like having the options because for short trips we don't need carry on or checked bags. We take backpacks as our free personal item and avoid those fees.

The discount den may or may not be worthwhile. Our flights in October we did not need Discount Den for the best rates, but in February we saved $80 by paying the $50 for the Discount Den. So we already came out ahead and we knew we will be using them at least 2 more times this year. You can sign up as you are purchasing the tickets though so if you see a difference in savings between the DD price and the regular price that makes it worthwhile you can buy it then with your tickets.

Thank you! I will keep looking! Do they advertise fares on Facebook, like SW? Maybe this will be a very last minute trip! I will be staying with my parents in Florida, so I won't need a hotel. I just may have trouble booking last minute ADRs and Fps, but really that does not bother me.

Thank you! I will keep looking! Do they advertise fares on Facebook, like SW? Maybe this will be a very last minute trip! I will be staying with my parents in Florida, so I won't need a hotel. I just may have trouble booking last minute ADRs and Fps, but really that does not bother me.

I don't follow them on FB so I'm not sure. When I know I want to look for flights I usually just check their website daily. But they do send out an email almost daily as well if you sign up to get them. I find sometimes it is sent out late though.

Was just searching the Disboards for this exact info. All of the other airlines are out except Frontier; wish they would post them already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter