From Sketch To Reality

PigSoldier

to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand wav
Hi all! :)

I'm still kicking myself that I didn't buy this book last time I was in DLP :rolleyes: I'd really like to have read it before I next go, so that I've got more little things to look out for, but I haven't been able to find a copy anywhere.

Does anyone know where I might be able to get a copy outside of DLP?

Thankyou! :)

Does anyone know how much this book retails for? I can't seem to find anywhere online with an accurate price and I'm quite interested in buying it. Would it be cheaper to buy it online than at the park?

Bonnie
sorry can't help with anyplace on-line.
I paid €45 as a treat last autumn. The limited edition was €99 if I remember right :earseek:
I can wholeheartly endorse Rob's views on this :)

Reid

Cyrano said:
. The limited edition was €99 if I remember right

It was, but worth every penny (or cent ;))

I think that only 2,000 copies of this book were printed in English, and the same in French, so there isn't going to be many places (online or actual shops) that are selling it. I guess that there are very few copies still available for sale.

Regards

Rob

I found a site www.mouseshoppe.com offering it for $145 which is a heck of a lot of money!!! eBay might be your best bet. Like you I wish I'd bought it when I saw it on sale at DLP!!

Here's the end of an article by the guy who co wrote the book! It mentions about the book at the end - apparently you can email to find out more. It doesn't mention a price and postage might push the price up a lot - but it might be worth enquiring if you're really keen.

I confirm everything that was said here. This book is absolutely a MUST HAVE for any DLRP fan. It's just wonderful actually ! :sunny:
There were many copies at the story book store (Main Street USA) when I was there 3 weeks ago.

PeterPan1 said:
I confirm everything that was said here. This book is absolutely a MUST HAVE for any DLRP fan. It's just wonderful actually ! :sunny:
There were many copies at the story book store (Main Street USA) when I was there 3 weeks ago.

That's good to know. Lucky you, Bonnie, as you're going in 3 weeks. Does anyone know if there's any way to buy stuff from the park by mail order? I wonder how much it retails for?

Thanks a lot for that Reid - I appreciate it! I'll email them to find out. Why didn't I buy it when I was there? It's not like me to restrain myself from spending money!!!

Bexx said:
Here's the end of an article by the guy who co wrote the book! It mentions about the book at the end - apparently you can email to find out more. It doesn't mention a price and postage might push the price up a lot - but it might be worth enquiring if you're really keen.

That's where I got my copy from - don't remember how much P&P I paid but it wasn't OTT. I was kicking myself for not buying it in the park on our first visit in 2002 and was delighted when I found another way to get it. It came pretty quickly and is an awesome book - the sketches are brilliant and the accompanying text is fascinating - as I'm sure anyone else who has read it cover to cover (I know you all have) can tell you.

Best book ever!

I remember reading this from cover to cover when we visited sister-in-law on return from DLP.
Don't think I talked much to the family for 2 days :teeth: Or maybe they didn't talk to me :earseek:

Reid

Finally got a reply to my e-mail! They only have the collector's edition which is 100 Euros plus 30 Euros p&p which converts to a total of £90 :scared1: which is too steep for me I'm afraid!!! :sad1: I'll just have to hope they've still got some when we go in November though that would still be £69 without p&p which I wouldn't pay for a book I'm afraid however good it was!!!. Pity they don't have any of the ordinary edition left. :sad:

That's a shame Di. Fingers crossed there will be something available in November. :)

Wow Di, that is steep. No chance of anyone clubbing together for you for Christmas or something?

they had about 12 copies in English in the first shop we went in on the left side going down Main Street towards the castle this week

Berwyn

Oh thank you for checking that out Berwyn!! I think I'll have to pass on it though - too many pennies (or Euro cents!!) :sunny:

Hollywood Pictures and the Disney Gallery in Disney Village sell From Sketch to Reality too! :umbrella:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter