Friends seeking travel friends thread!

Hi everybody. So happy to have come across this.
My name is John. I am a retired free lance makeup artist. I live in Seattle. I'm 53, no kids. In a comitted relationship with another gay man for almost 26 years. I'll be solo for half my visit while he is at the pin trading event August 25, 26 and 27. It would be cool to make some new friends for park hopping

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): I like fast paced but at 275 lbs., in the August heat and at my age I can't keep up the pace like I used to do.
What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): moderate to budget. With occasional splurges.
Planned or laid back trip: I tend to overplan and edit down as neccsasary.
Morning or night person: who sleeps in at WDW? I like to do rope drop and EMH then have to do my swim, siesta and coffee/wine break in the afternoon. Then refreshed and rested close the parks late night.
Favorite parks: AK for over all beauty and FOTLK. MK for the classic Magic. Epcot for the food! DHS for RnR.
Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): Definately a leader. I love giving trivia tours to friends and family. A self admitted insufferable know it all Disney history and trivia geek.

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time
1.Food (275 lbs. Remember)
2. Rides
3. Tours (giving instead of taking) Showing a first timer around Disney is my favorite thing to do.
4. Downtime. Always take the mid day break.
5. Shopping. I like to save it for the last day.
6. Characters. Usually dont want to cut into ride and dining time. Although I'm not above getting a bit silly at a character meal or stopping to taunt a Villain. Though I must admit Belle in her yellow gown will stop me dead in my tracks. You almost have to snap your fingers under my nose to break the trance. I adore a wicked sarcastic wit but Dad also taught me kind and thoughtful etiquette and I know when to employ each. I tend to have more girlfriends than guy friends but not sexist or ageist when it comes to Disney pals. If you're educated, open minded and in touch, with your inner child we'll get along great.

Flying solo August 25 to 27. Let's meet up and play!

[QUTE="ajrwdwgirl, post: 53611825, member: 425165"]Not WDW but my husband and I are going to Disneyland Paris in a little over a month![/QUOTE]
It is so beautiful. We went for Halloween last year. The Remy attraction at Disney studios is astounding. Crush's Coaster too. Their BTM is the tallest, fastest and longest ride of all its counterparts world wide. It's 4 minutes long. Let us know what you think of it. Attempting a little French goes a long way and it is greatly appreciated if you make the effort to greet and begin your conversation in French. Try Duolingo free online language app. You can learn a lot by just dedicating 15 minutes every day. Although most everyone speaks English too.

I am SO glad I stumbled upon this. I wish I found it earlier - better late than never!! Ihaven't read through all the pages but I will catch up soon. I thought I would just take a moment to introduce myself.

Name: Jill

Age/Kids/Job: 33, None, Scientist, single

Where/When I want to go: 6/27-7/1 my first solo trip, well semi-solo. I will be getting an annual pass so I would like to be able to take advantage of it before it expires next year!

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): I average as a moderate

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): I usually rent points for a studio. This trip was pretty last min so no DVC studios were available. I got a great discount for a deluxe room, at least that's what I keep telling myself lol. I am one who takes great advantage of the amenities, like lounges and pool areas. My go-to resort is BW. There is so much to so there and I really like being able to walk into DHS and Epcot - World Showcase is basically in the backyard!

Planned or laid back trip: a "loose" plan. I like to know what park I am heading to and have ADRs for my favorites places or places I want to try. I like to leave room for going with the flow.

Morning or night person: All day!! I usually am at the parks in the morning, take a mid-day break, then back at it in the evening/night.

Favorite parks: It's REALLY hard for me to choose one. I have never gone on a trip and skipped a park

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): Leader usually, but I definitely like to co-plan as well

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time:
1. Rides/Food/drink
2. Downtime
3. characters
4. shopping
5. tours

Let's revive this thread! It's nice to make friends with other Disney fans. :donald:

I posted my intro earlier in this thread, but now posting the meals and activities in my two upcoming trips where I'm currently solo, and would like to meet up with other solos:

Autumn 2016
Oct. 28 Yehaa Bob show
Oct. 29 Epcot
Oct. 30 Liberty Tree Tavern lunch, Skipper Canteen dinner
Nov. 7 Cape May Café breakfast

March 2017
Also, I'm now making dining reservations for a solo trip March 1-11, 2017. Will anyone else be there solo around that time, who may like to meet up for a meal? Or a spring training game? Or Yehaa Bob show? Or Jellyrolls?

March 2 Whispering Canyon lunch, Captain's Grille dinner
March 3 Kona Café breakfast, Skipper Canteen dinner
March 4 Garden Grill breakfast, dinner at Flower & Garden festival kiosks
March 5 lunch at Tiffin, dinner at Tusker House
March 6 lunch at Paradiso 37, dinner at Planet Hollywood
March 7 lunch at Sci Fi, dinner at Hollywood and Vine or 50s Prime Time
March 8 breakfast at Tusker House
March 9 breakfast at Ravello, afternoon at spring training game (if there is a game that day)
March 10 breakfast at Boma, dinner at Rose & Crown
March 11 lunch at Kona Cafe

You're welcome to send me a message for more info.

Last edited:

Let's revive this thread! It's nice to make friends with other Disney fans. :donald:

I posted my intro earlier in this thread, but now posting the meals and activities in my two upcoming trips where I'm currently solo, and would like to meet up with other solos:

Autumn 2016
Oct. 28 Yehaa Bob show
Oct. 29 Epcot
Oct. 30 Liberty Tree Tavern lunch, Skipper Canteen dinner

I will be there at the end of October also & plan to be in Epcot on the evening of the 29th. Heading over to watch Illuminations after Star Wars Fireworks. PM me if you want to coordinate a little Dismeet. :thumbsup2

I will be there at the end of October also & plan to be in Epcot on the evening of the 29th. Heading over to watch Illuminations after Star Wars Fireworks. PM me if you want to coordinate a little Dismeet. :thumbsup2
Thanks, will do! Since it looks like the Star Wars fireworks may not be happening on the November evening I'd planned to be at DHS, I was already considering going over to DHS on evening of Oct. 29 to watch them!

I'll be down October 28th to November 6th, not sure 100% what days I'll be be where yet other than Breakfast at Trails end on 10/31 and MNSSHP that night. :)

I'll be down October 28th to November 6th, not sure 100% what days I'll be be where yet other than Breakfast at Trails end on 10/31 and MNSSHP that night. :)

Cool! Here's my schedule... PM if you want to coordinate too!

10/28
AM - MK
PM - DHS

10/29
AM - AK
PM - DHS/EPCOT

10/30
AM - EPCOT
PM - AK (Waiting on Nighttime Entertainment Schedule to be released)

Great! If it ends up working out with your schedule, maybe you could join me for Yehaa Bob on evening of Oct. 28? Or join one of my MK meals on Oct. 30?

I finally got home and checked on what I've planned so far.
28th-Ressie at Boma for dinner
30th-AK-morning, Epcot-afternoon?(F&W)
31-Tails end brunch, MNSSHP
Nov2-Epcot morning(this ones really up in the air)
Nov3-MK All day? BOG ressie lunch
Nov 5th-HS morning, and MK night

I won't be totally solo this trip, my Dad decided to let me drag him along, haha.

Hi, my name is Miki and I am planning my first solo trip to Disney World in mid May 14th-18th) of 2017 and also another trip in late December (15th -21st or 22nd) of 2017. I am hoping to find someone to possibly share a hotel room with during my trip in May and possibly December. I am also hoping to meet up with someone every now and then during my Disney vacations and maybe get a bite to eat.

A bit about me:

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Kids: Nope; maybe someday.

Pets: a dog and a bearded dragon.

Job: full time student, part time employee.

Favorite Colors: purple and green

Favorite Disney Movies: Marry Poppins, Bed Knobs and Broomsticks, Sleeping Beauty, Alice in Wonderland (animated), The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Fantasia, Nightmare Before Christmas, Pirates of the Caribbean, and The Rescuers (to name a few).

Hobbies: reading, listening to music, watching old movies, creating art, learning a new language, collecting coffee mugs.

Personality: I am shy and quiet at first but once I get to know someone I'll become more animated.

My travel style is mostly slow to moderate paced with bits of fast sprinkled hear and there.

My trip finances are budget to moderate.

Planned or laid back trip: my plans are more like guidlines.

Morning or night person: For Disney I am a morning and night person ( any other day I am a night person).

Favorite parks: Magic Kingdom for the rides, Animal Kingdom for the shopping, and Epcot for the food.

I am a leader once I get to know someone but I dont mind being a follower so that the person I'm with can have a magical time as well.

Rate these by importance (1 most important, 6 least important);
Rides: 1, food: 2, tours: 4, character experiences: 5, shopping: 3, down time: 6

If anyone has any questions let me know pooh:.

Last edited:
Oh I love this idea! Chiming in :)

Name: Hayley

Age/Kids/Job: 26/no/Flight Attendant (so easy to get down to Florida!!)

Where/When I want to go: WDW (Annual Passholder), and whenever! Just need about a month's notice to try and plan some time off.

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): Between slow and moderate.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): Budget on my own; but could do moderate or potential deluxe if sharing.

Planned or laid back trip: Definitely laid back. But if someone else wants to do the planning, I'm happy to be along for the ride.

Morning or night person: Both, what is sleep?

Favorite parks: Epcot and DAK.

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): Follower unless there's something I really want to do.

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time: Rides-1, Food-2, Tours-3, Characters-6, Shopping-4, Downtime-5.

What time of year do you most like to travel: Literally whenever. It's harder for me to get off during the summer months, and impossible around holidays, but other than that, I'm always down for a long weekend or a week away.

Oh I love this idea! Chiming in :)

Name: Hayley

Age/Kids/Job: 26/no/Flight Attendant (so easy to get down to Florida!!)

Where/When I want to go: WDW (Annual Passholder), and whenever! Just need about a month's notice to try and plan some time off.

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): Between slow and moderate.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): Budget on my own; but could do moderate or potential deluxe if sharing.

Planned or laid back trip: Definitely laid back. But if someone else wants to do the planning, I'm happy to be along for the ride.

Morning or night person: Both, what is sleep?

Favorite parks: Epcot and DAK.

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): Follower unless there's something I really want to do.

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time: Rides-1, Food-2, Tours-3, Characters-6, Shopping-4, Downtime-5.

What time of year do you most like to travel: Literally whenever. It's harder for me to get off during the summer months, and impossible around holidays, but other than that, I'm always down for a long weekend or a week away.[/QUOTE

Name: Joe

Age/Kids/Job: 28/no/Security Consultant

Where/When: already booked sept 29-oct 4

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): moderate.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): luxury

Planned or laid back trip: Definitely laid back with a few planned meals

Morning or night person: Either

Favorite parks: Epcot and MK.

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice versa): leader but always willing to take a back seat

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time: Rides-2, Food-1, Tours-5, Characters-6, Shopping-3, Downtime-4.

What time of year do you most like to travel?: anytime. Live in Philadelphia and have made it to Disney 3 times this year. This will be my 4th. Lifetime total 37 going on 38 trips. Favorite place on earth.

Arriving solo November 26th and flying out December 2nd (so 12/1 is my last fun day). Staying on property - anyone else?

Also attending the MVMCP on the 1st.

Toying with the idea of a tour, but not 100% on that part yet. Wouldn't mind some company for part of the trip!

I would love to take a last minute trip 10/22 for a few nights - would like to see Chaka Kahn and do the Halloween party.

I would love to take a last minute trip 10/22 for a few nights - would like to see Chaka Kahn and do the Halloween party.
Hi, Pam! If you're still there 10/28, you'd be welcome to meet me for the Yehaa Bob show. Also I'll be doing the Halloween party on 10/30.

Will be there 10/22-10/25. Just decided to do this trip today. Very excited. Just got back from another solo trip on 10/3. Had a blast! Looking forward to more fun this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter