Friends Reunited - TRIP REPORT!! - COMPLETE

Great updates Beth! ::yes::

I was thinking of going to Discovery Cove for the first time in October- your fab report has convinced me that I should definitely go for it! It looks amazing. :goodvibes

Great report so far. Sorry the weather was poor for Discovery Cove. I think we got better weather than that in December! Glad you loved it though. Looking forward to the rest.

Just stumbled upon your trip report and I LOVE it! Love your style if writing :). I'm going for the first time next year and reading this is making me feel even more excited..eek! Which resort did u stay at?

What a great girls only trip you are having. Can't believe how many mishaps you seem to be having :lmao: you being a cleaver clogs and all.

Just caught up.

Sounds like you had an amazing day at DC despite the weather. I've been lucky enough to do it twice but quite a while ago now and it didn't include all the free drinks.

Hoping to go back next May for a non dolphin swim day :)

Just discovered and caught up on your report, really enjoying it! Thanks for posting, looking forward to reading more xx

Great updates Bethan. We went to DC on our honeymoon in 2004 and it wreally was the best day. Sian and Daniel are going swimming with the dolphins in Grand Cayman this year and I half wish I was going with them.

I would definitely go back to DC and NOT do the swim as it really is such a relaxing day, there is so much to see and do.

Love that you got a bit tiddly and gave Nick the 3rd degree. It does sound like an amazing job though.

Looking forward to more.

Great updates - I love DC too and would love to go back, the margaritas and snorkeling are just the best!

Wow, lots of updates

Isn't DC just the best?!

We've only been there once but it was on my 40th Birthday and the trainers got one of the dolphins to sing happy birthday to me .... It was the best thing ever!!!

Really glad you enjoyed it - oh by the way, I meant to say, those wayfarers really suit you :)

DC certainly is the best!!! How cute for your birthday!!

And thanks Linda - I wear them nonstop now haha!

Great updates Beth! ::yes::

I was thinking of going to Discovery Cove for the first time in October- your fab report has convinced me that I should definitely go for it! It looks amazing. :goodvibes

Thanks Lauren - go for it!! You certainly won't regret it!! Just beware that you'll really want to buy the photos, so budget that in :)

Great report so far. Sorry the weather was poor for Discovery Cove. I think we got better weather than that in December! Glad you loved it though. Looking forward to the rest.

Thanks for reading along :) yes, the weather was so disappointing, but when we actually got there, all that annoyance melted away! It would take a lot for someone not to enjoy a day there!! Just looking for the next opportunity to return there :)

I'll make it to DC one day. Sounds like a real fun evening.

You really need to Claire ;)

Just stumbled upon your trip report and I LOVE it! Love your style if writing :). I'm going for the first time next year and reading this is making me feel even more excited..eek! Which resort did u stay at?

Hi :wave2: thank you for reading along and your kind comments :)

There's nothing like the excitement that you experience on a first trip! Are you thinking of doing a trip report or anything? I stayed in Disney's Old Key West Resort - where will you be staying?

What a great girls only trip you are having. Can't believe how many mishaps you seem to be having :lmao: you being a cleaver clogs and all.

Haha, you wouldn't believe it would you :P it was just one thing after another - I'm calling it 'Mickey Brain' :lmao:

Just caught up.

Sounds like you had an amazing day at DC despite the weather. I've been lucky enough to do it twice but quite a while ago now and it didn't include all the free drinks.

Hoping to go back next May for a non dolphin swim day :)

Eeee!! So lucky doing it twice! I think the next time I go I would do a non-swim day :) I don't think I'd book it too far in advance either - might chance it on the day so we have a bit more luck with the weather :)

Just discovered and caught up on your report, really enjoying it! Thanks for posting, looking forward to reading more xx

Wow, thanks - that's lovely of you to say :) the next day will be posted soon!

Great updates Bethan. We went to DC on our honeymoon in 2004 and it wreally was the best day. Sian and Daniel are going swimming with the dolphins in Grand Cayman this year and I half wish I was going with them.

I would definitely go back to DC and NOT do the swim as it really is such a relaxing day, there is so much to see and do.

Love that you got a bit tiddly and gave Nick the 3rd degree. It does sound like an amazing job though.

Looking forward to more.

Thanks Joh :) wish I was going with Sian and Daniel too!! They'll probably get a lot more interaction there than at DC I'm guessing??

And I'm with you; not saying I'd never do the dolphin swim again, but next time we go will probably do a non-swim day. I could easily spend open to close there lazing about and munching and drinking away :)

Not sure if Nick enjoyed the interrogation, but he shouldn't have started bragging about his position should he? :P :rotfl2:

Great updates - I love DC too and would love to go back, the margaritas and snorkeling are just the best!

Snorkelling and margaritas are definitely one hell of a combination :) next time though, I'd hope for warmer weather so I could drink those margaritas frozen and not just straight tequila :rotfl:

Thanks again to everyone who's reading along :) I'm really enjoying doing this!!

Just caught up :banana:

Really enjoying reading your TR Bethan:thumbsup2

Never really fancied DC but your report has changed my mind ;)

Looking forward to reading more:surfweb:

Just caught up :banana:

Really enjoying reading your TR Bethan:thumbsup2

Never really fancied DC but your report has changed my mind ;)

Looking forward to reading more:surfweb:

Thank you :flower3:

I didn't know what to expect of DC beforehand... Don't get me wrong, I was looking forward to it, but just kind of expected the whole day to be done after the dolphin swim. However, it's so much more than that, and I'd happily return for a non-swim day :)

If we had the BEST day in the cold and rain, then just imagine how much you'd love it if it was hot and sunny :goodvibes

03/05/2013: SHOP TIL’ WE DROP!​

We had another ‘non-Disney’ day planned for today; what’s as good as Disney and dolphins? SHOPPIIIIIIIIIIING!!!

We got up at around 8am, with plans to leave for 9am. Since my phone took a dive in a puddle yesterday, it had been playing up and so whilst I got ready I tried to sort it out by restoring to factory settings etc etc… all boring stuff really! All this techy stuff took longer than I thought though, and we ended up leaving at more like 9:30.

The plan was to get a bus to DTD, and then the Lynx onto the malls. Of course, when you want a specific bus, it doesn’t come for ages, so we ended up getting to DTD for a lot later than we would have hoped. Never mind! We made our way over to the Lynx bus stop, and we didn’t have to wait long for a number 50 to turn up. I swear there’s always a mass of British holiday makers at this bus stop, and we felt quite at home!

Unusually so, our bus driver wasn’t the most helpful. We were planning on heading to the Florida Mall today, so knew we had to transfer to the 111… we just didn’t know where! The driver told us to get off at a stop and assured us that the bus stop for the 111 was directly across the road but we couldn’t find it! Looking obviously confused, a strange man approached us saying that he could take us to Disney… I instantly got on the defensive and told him that we were OK, and that we didn’t need to get to Disney. He kept offering us lower and lower prices for his ‘service’ and was quite persisting and pestering and just wouldn’t listen. Eventually, I lost my cool slightly and exclaimed “we’ve just come from bl**dy Disney, we’re heading somewhere else. Please leave us alone”. He eventually got the message and asked us where we were going. We just told him we wanted the bus stop for 111 and he directed us down the grassy sidewalk.

At this pointed, I started to get déjà vu of the time during our program where we had headed to TGIs after staying at Seaworld until closing one night. Of course, by that time of night, the I-Ride trolley which we needed to get back to our appartments had stopped running… we were pretty much stranded and stupidly decided we’d try and walk back. I think back now and shudder at how stupid and dangerous this was. We walked along a road for a long while - there was no sidewalk, we were getting bitten by anything and everything, and it was pitch black. We tried ringing a cab, but seeing as we had no idea of actual street names, that didn’t work out! Eventually, one of our flatmates found us in their car and brought us back to the apartments – I think we ended up getting 8 people in a 4 seater car! I can laugh a bit at it now thinking how ridiculous it all was, but at the time I was petrified. Funnily enough, I still haven’t got round to telling my parents about that night…

Anyhow, I digress.

We got to the stop and Tanya checked the Lynx website for the bus times – it sure is handy having an American in the party! Unfortunately, there wasn’t going to be another 111 bus for 30 minutes; we had already been out for a long time and hadn’t really gotten anywhere and I started to feel bad as I had tried to organise this. When a number 8 bus turned up, we decided to pack in our Florida Mall plans and get that to the Premium Outlets instead! Finally we were on our way to somewhere!

We arrived and headed straight to the Food Court – I got to have my fix of Taco Bell! I had the Doritos Cool Ranch flavoured tacos; I was glad that we were only coming here once, as I could easily have seen those things getting addictive!

We always used to come to the Premium Outlets during the College Program as they were just a 10 minute walk from our appartment complex. Again being here felt like we had never been away – it would have been nice to have visited a mall that we hadn’t been to before, but in no way could we complain about ending up at the Premium Outlets! I forgot how big this place was! We had a really good afternoon; I loved the Dooney and Bourke shop but managed to tear myself away without buying anything – I’m still in love with the bag that I bought from there in 2011 and didn’t really want to swap it for something else yet! I did however splurge out a bit in Ralph Lauren on some shirts, tops and jumpers – I can’t resist that shop! I was also on the lookout for two dresses: one for my graduation and one for my graduation ball. There wasn’t really anything suitable available for the ball, but I did find a dress for my graduation. It’s grey/blue, plain and smart with thin black leather edging from Elie Tahari. My limit for the dress was going to be $100, so it was lucky that this dress was in the sale for $99 – it was obviously meant to be! I also ended up buying a pair of Rayban sunglasses that I had now promised my brother. I text him the names of a couple of the styles – he then Googled them at home to see what they looked like, and text me back with his preferred style! It’s a round-about way to buy them, but what can you do when there’s no wifi? I wasn’t going to spend all that money for him not to like them! My final purchase was an emergency pair of flip flops – I was wearing a pair of shoes today, shoes that were quite old and that I have worn many, many times so couldn’t work out why this happened. My feet were already in pain, but today another huge blister came up which these shoes rubbed, and so it was American Eagle to the rescue with a pair of flip flops. These ended up being my favourite flip flops and I pretty much wore them every day for the rest of the holiday!

We had an ADR for the Spirit of Aloha dinner show this evening so we caught the Lynx bus from the Outlets at around 4pm. We got off near Seaworld and waited for a number 50. However, they were either majorly delayed or they had skipped one from the schedule, as we ended up waiting for ages! Finally one turned up, but it was comical. The driver pulled in, attempted to open the doors but they just got stuck on the verge as he was too close. He tried to close them but they were jammed on the grass. Quite a croud had built up waiting for the bus now, and everyone started telling the driver that he had to pull out a bit to free the doors from the verge, but he just wasn’t listening – he just kept wiggling them and scratching his head in confusion. Cue lots of tutting from the passengers lol! Eventually he got the message, a few of the passengers helped him free the doors from the jam, he got in the bus and pulled it out a tiny bit. If only he had done that 10 minute ago! After all the palava, we ended up getting back to DTD at 5.30pm when we should have been there for before 5pm!! I double checked the ADR time for Spirit of Aloha – I just wanted to see that it was 8pm so that I didn't feel so worried about having arrived back late from the mall. Luckily I did, because even though the My Disney Experience app stated the reservation as 8pm, the dining reminder email which I had just read for the first time, stated that we needed to be there for 7pm! Tanya rang the Poly to check, and they confirmed that we needed to get there early! So now we were definitely late! :scared:

As you’d expect in these kind of situations there was no bus for OKW for ages from DTD!!! We considered getting a bus direct to the Poly from here but we were all sweaty and laiden with bags – it would not have been pretty! Finally an OKW bus pulled up. It stopped off at Pleasure Island, and as luck would have it, we had to change drivers who then took their time doing their handover paper work! We got to the resort, and our bus stop ended up being one of the last. We got back to the room at 6:05 where we wanted to have been changed and ready and leaving at 6:00! We legged it to the room, had the quickest change ever, a quick spray of perfume and we were back out by 6:15! Now that is some record! :rotfl2:

This time, luck was on our side, and we didn’t need to wait for long before an MK bus arrived. I’m such a worrier anyway, so you can imagine how on edge I was right now! We rushed over to the monorail after arriving at MK, but of course the monorail kept stopping along the way for traffic clearance! You couldn’t make it up! We rushed in, and guess what…. We ended up being the first people to check in! How on earth did we manage that?! We were super late, rushed all that way and ended up being the first to check in and have our photo taken – we couldn’t stop laughing!

The weather was being a bit iffy as usual, and so we were all kept in the check in area for the time being, rather than making our way over to the cove. However, when it was time to head over, it started to pour down – as if on cue! The CMs started giving out ponchos, but stopped at the family in front of us. They claimed that it had stopped raining and that we didn’t need ponchos now… stopped raining my foot! It was still pouring down – they were just worried we were going to be late I think. However, we were now at the cove by 8pm but were rather quite wet! We were soon seated and was really impressed. Being wet didn't matter so much now! By being on the DDP, we had category 2 seating (I think) but we were dead centre and at the front of the raised area – it was perfect!

Our view! Those front tables did fill up!

In short (because I’m aware that I’m dragging on and haven’t shown any photos yet!) we loved the whole thing! The food was good – a mixture of salad, veg and noodles, bread and coconut butter to start, followed by meat and rice for the main (the rice was sticky like sushi rice and quite unsual but nice, whilst the meat consisted of ribs, pulled pork and chicken), and then some type of bread pudding for dessert! The dessert stole it for me as I love anything caramel-ly, apple-y and stodgy!

Pineapple-coconut bread, mixed greens with honey lime vinaigrette, mango slaw, and soba noodle salad.

Aloha pulled pork, BBQ pork ribs, roast chicken, jasmine rice with nori and vegetable medley.

Warm pineapple bread pudding with caramel sauce.

The greatest sight to behold after a long day shopping!

Definitely a few too many of the above! I have tried to recreate this face since, but to no avail!

I also loved the story and the singing and the dancers… especially the men! The six packs were to die for! The man with the fire who appeared at the end really stole the show though – I have no idea how it doesn't burn him, and it reminded me of the guy with the fire in the festival of the lion king show in AK! The only thing that would have made the show a teeny tiny bit better would have been an appearance by Lilo and Stitch during Hawaiian Rollercoaster ride :) but that's just me and my Stitch obsession! As I mentioned in the PTR, we had already done Hoop Dee Doo and so decided to go for a different dinner show! We were so glad we went for this, and had such a fun night!! Would definitely return!

We managed to get out of the Luau Cove at around 10:00 and were luckily in a good spot to catch Wishes! I love seeing Wishes from the Poly, as you get the perspective of how big the fireworks are compared to the castle! We all vowed that we would somehow manage to stay here one day!

On our way back through to the monorail, a sculpture in the Wyland Galleries shop caught my eye – it was a sculpture of Ariel with a manatee. Anyone who knows me knows that I loooooove manatees! We decided to head in and take a look, but that was a mistake – there was so much gorgeous jewellery in there and we didn’t resurface until around an hour later. They were even vacuuming and shutting up the shop whilst we were still chatting to the sales girls! Jo ended up buying a Kameleon ring where you can interchange the stones, and bought two further stones to go with it! I had never seen this brand before but thought it was a great idea. I got chatting to Tanja, she was one of the sales assistants from Germany, as she complemented the big beetle necklace I was wearing that night (don’t worry, it looks nicer than it sounds :rotfl2:). She started picking pieces that she thought I might be interested in – it was all so lovely, but I would have needed to have won the lottery if I were to take it all! Two things really caught my eye though: a big amber necklace and a silver/gold tamsonite ring – I was going to have to think about this carefully (considering the necklace was over $500; luckily the ring was a quarter of that) and assured Tanja I would be back next week.

I don’t expect anyone to appreciate this ornament as much as I did! :rotfl:

We eventually caught the monorail back to MK and then a bus back ‘home’. With us being tyical girls and being unable to resist the jewellery, it meant that it ended up being a late night, and not quite as planned as we had an early ADR for tomorrow morning! It was obviously worth it, because I was going to be coming home with a new ring at the end of this holiday now! We will find opportunities to shop EVERYWHERE!!!

FAB-U-LOUS trip report Bethan Pants, loving all your photos, especially the Discovery Cove ones, I look forward to the next installment ::yes::

FAB-U-LOUS trip report Bethan Pants, loving all your photos, especially the Discovery Cove ones, I look forward to the next installment ::yes::

Thanks Captain Mandy Pants - just off to catch up on yours :goodvibes

Really loving the report so far Bethan, also love the Manatee statue!
xx

Thank you :flower3: Sharing the manatee statue love right here - glad I'm no longer alone :rotfl:

04/05/2013: AH WIMBA WEY, AH WIMBA WEY…​

Today, I was in complete denial that we had been here for an entire week!

Back to the early starts today – we were up at 6:30am to make our 8:15 ADR at Tusker House for breakfast with Donald and his cute wiggly bum! We were at the bus stop for before 7:30 but a bus didn’t arrive for ages. We were approaching AK when, for the second time this trip, I realised that I had forgotten my room key… seriously, how did I not learn after the first time?! Disney brain!

Private chauffeur driven bus service this morning!

We didn’t get to AK until 8:15, so I made the girls head inside to check in whilst I made my way to Guest Relations (again) to get my card reprinted. I’m going to need a Fastpass for the GR line, let alone any ride line!

Again, just like in HS, there was a glitch with a computer system that morning and it took 10-15 minutes to print out a new card. This time the CM wasn’t the most pleasant of people either. I finally made my way to the turnstyle, explained that I had a reservation and popped my card into the machine to try and enter. The CM (again, not a pleasant little soul – what are the chances?) looked at me as if I had just pooped on her kids, and told me I didn’t have any tickets, so why on Earth was I trying to enter with just a room key?! Excuse me!! I explained that I did have park tickets, as I had been entering the parks for the past week now. She told me I didn’t and handed the card back to me. Wow, thanks for all your help… :confused3

So, it was back to wait in the Guest Relations line – this time for a lovely CM, the first one this morning. She apologised for the confusion and tried to add the tickets to the room card. However, it soon proved to be impossible due to said ‘glitch’, and she had to issue me with a park ticket (or cards as they are now) separately to my room key. Because of the confusion, she also gave me a “no strings attached” form to be used as a fastpass for the four of us for any ride at AK that day! That was so lovely of her – I told her she really didn’t need to as it was my fault that I had forgotten my room key and ended up pestering her, but I appreciated it so much all the same!

My new ticket now let me into the park, and I legged it over to Tusker House. My right foot was still in agony from the blisters and I was practically in tears when I arrived at the restaurant. I got there to find the girls waiting outside – they had managed to check in, but they wouldn’t let them enter the restaurant until all of the party had arrived. We had our photo taken and got seated. Our server soon arrived and filled us up with coffee and jamba juice – how good is that stuff?

Jamba juice. And pepper. Don’t worry, I didn’t drink the pepper!

The breakfast selection was good – I decided to do breakfast in a ‘dinner style’ today as there was so much I wanted to try! I started off with a savoury plate which I followed up with ‘dessert’. Out of the savoury selection, I really enjoyed the potato and leek fritatta and the tater tots. For ‘dessert’, the cinammon and banana bread pudding with vanilla sauce deserves a special mention!

Come back Goofy – gizza kiss!

As is the way in all character meals, we were constantly up and down hugging our favourite friends! I never feel I can rest and enjoy my food until I’ve hugged all the characters! Next time, I think I’ll do just one character meal for the two weeks. We did however really take our time this morning and didn't feel rushed at all. When we finished, it was a good time to make our way over to see the first Festival of the Lion King show of the day, scheduled for 10:30.

The weather still wasn’t the best today. We started waiting at around 10:00 outside the theatre, with announcements stating that we’d be let into the theatre in just a few moments. The doors finally opened at 10:15 and we were all pretty wet. Don’t get me wrong, I have an umbrella, but I’m more concerned about my camera and lenses than me - they stay drier than I do! However, being wet cannot detract from the amazingness of this show – easily the best in Disney, for me it just tips Nemo the Musical to the top spot!

We were lions and great fun practicing our roooooooaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrsssssssss! We also had such a laugh at the guests chosen to make their respective animal noises! The warthog section was represented by a middle aged South American gentleman, but when asked to make the noise, he sounded more like a scared five year old girl :rotfl:. He was given another chance (due to how shocking it was), but now sounded like he was just clearing his throat! That would have to do! The lions came next and he did a fantastic job. Thirdly, we had the elephants and a young American man was up to make the noise… well, it was the best HAWK impression that I have ever heard. Elephant, not so much…

Surprise, surprise, another soundtrack that I play… well… constantly!

Cutie. Emma enjoyed this view. A lot.

After the show, we decided to make our way over to Expedition Everest to use the Fastpass that I was given this morning. We got distracted along the way though and ended up having a few Photopass pictures and meeting Doug and Russell from Up. Waaaaaaahhhhhhhhh – definitely the best characters I could ever meet (so far… it gets better in a few days!). It was just so cool – Russell went all shy when I kissed him on the cheek, and Doug kept licking my ear! The Photopass lady also managed to catch my excitement in one shot – I looked like a small kid at Christmas, just didn’t know what to do with myself!

Pure excitement!!

Family portrait!

So we finally made it to EE and used the Fastpass. The wait was only around 20 minutes anyway, but it was still nice not to have to wait that! It was another great ride, and another great photo – we vowed to do our ‘ugliest’ faces. They were all quite special (shall we say), and it became my favourite ride photo of the trip! Can’t wait to show you guys when the Photopass CD arrives.

At this point, we parted ways: Emma and Tanya headed to the ESPN Wide World of Sports to pick up their race packs for the 5K Expedition Everest Challenge that they would be doing this evening, whereas Jo and I decided to head over to Epcot. My foot was still so painful, and I started to worry that my big blister was starting to get infected. On our way out of the park, Jo made me go to first aid just to see if there was anything they could do; hopefully they could sort me out with a better dressing! There was no wait whatsoever, and after signing in and explaining what the problem was, one of the nurses took me to a room to take a look. We got chatting, and she asked what I did for a living. I explained that I had just qualified as a doctor, and she laughed stating then how come my neck and arms were all burnt and I had this huge blister on my foot – I should have known better :blush:! She was only joking, but she had a point – I told her that I was now a tourist, and this is what we do! :rotfl2:

She took a look at the blister and she confirmed what I really didn’t want to hear – it was probably infected. My foot was beginning to get all red up to my ankle, and she questioned whether the fluid inside was now pus. Sorry, too much information there, but she was right. She gave me the CentraCare leaflet and insisted I go there this afternoon for some antibiotics and to get it dressed/drained. In the mean time, we cleaned it and she put a big plaster over it to keep it covered. She also gave me some spares to take with me. I asked if there was any chance of a pad and a bandage as the plaster would just come off, but she said that they were no longer recommending bandaging feet – this was the best she could do, but the hospital would sort me out better. I appreciated the plasters nonetheless, thanked her, and muttered something about heading to the CentraCare place later. However, I’m not the best person to follow other’s advice :blush:. I really didn’t want to go, and this all still felt a bit trivial to me, so I made a pact to Jo that I would just see how it looked in a few more days before I made a decision. My advice to my future patients will be: do as I say and not as I do! Pahaha :upsidedow

Before I had even left the park, the dressing that the nurse had placed not even five minutes ago had come off. I just didn’t know what to do with myself! I ripped it off completely, and just hobbled to the bus stop. The only solution was going to be to partake in something alcoholic when we arrived in Epcot to numb the pain :rotfl:. Walking with one leg tipped-toe for the past week meant that I was building up some serious calf muscle by this point…

Continued in the next post...

On arriving at Epcot we decided to have some drinks in the World Showcase and Emma And Tanya would meet us there later. We made our way slowly through the park deciding to stop off in Club Cool along the way – just in case you readers were wondering, Beverley still tastes awful! Jo’s fave was the Costa Rica sugar cane Fanta, whilst mine was the Israel honey/lemon thing. As we wandered some more, one of the World Showcase boats was pulling in and we decided to take it over to Morocco.

One of my favourite topiaries at the Flower & Garden festival

Selfie on a boat!

We disembarked, ambled along and found ourselves in Italy – our favourite WS country!

I wonder if I’ll get away with telling my mates that I visited Japan this summer…:rotfl:

Another lovely topiary in France

I ended up buying a glass Mickey head wine stopper, before getting a shot of limoncello and a Peroni beer each for us to enjoy outside. Considering the weather had been cruddy up until now, as we arrived in Epcot the sun had come out and it was now roasting. We had no trouble finding a table outside under one of the umbrellas. I proceeded to catch the sun on the bit of one arm that wasn’t shaded under the parasol – I’ve got some great patterns going on now!

…or maybe I could tell them I went to Italy!:rotfl:

As we enjoyed our drinks, we had fun watching the Ziti Sisters doing their thing! If you guys have never watched them before, then I highly recommend it – I found it so funny! Hail Caesar! Luckily we escaped getting picked!

We drank up and had a quick browse of the perfumes before Tanya and Emma messaged us saying that they were outside looking for us.

Tanya had previously picked a pearl during her College Program in 2011, but had never got round to getting it set into a ring. We headed over to Japan to finally do it, just twenty months later!

We stumbled across my twin along the way. Separated at birth no?

Whilst the girls and Tanya chose her setting at the counter, I had a look around the shop. How had I never been in here before!? I got drawn in by all the cute cartoony bags they had – however, they weren’t the cheapest so it was strictly window shopping for the time being! Whilst we waited for Tanya’s ring, we decided that France should be the next stop for a snack and something to drink. We had some Photopass pictures taken at the fountain before heading into Les Halles Bakery. We all indulged in a ham and cheese croissant and some iced coffee and Fanta – these croissants were such a good use of a snack credit and again, I highly recommend. The only problem I can see at the moment is the limited indoor and shaded seating in this area – this place was very popular when we visited!

Some of the offerings at the bakery:

Before we left France, the L’Orangerie Flower & Garden booth caught our eyes… more specifically the drinks. I present to you the La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush. Very, very nice! Seeing as it was super hot now, the slush was melting at a perfect rate and it was so nice to drink. It went down a little too easily perhaps…

Grey Goose vodka orange, St. Germain liquor with white and red Cranberry juice

By this point, I was still in agony with my foot. Still not fancying the idea of the hospital, I decided I’d head to a pharmacy to pick up some gauze pads and some bandaging so that the dressing and cushioning would actually stay on my foot. Jo wanted to come with me, and so we bid farewell to Emma and Tanya, with plans to meet them at the room before they headed to AK this evening. As we were walking out, I calculated the route on the Lynx website, but there was still going to be some walking involved. The prospect of this really put me off so I thought I’d try first aid in Epcot first – I thought I’d explain that the plasters hadn’t worked and see what they suggested. I was given more plasters, but now in a different shape. I popped one on and headed out. It had come off before I even made my way through the door :scared:. I also gave up on the Walgreen’s idea and just wanted to head back to the room to soak my feet and have a bath. I wish someone could have filmed me hobbling out of Epcot – my face was like thunder, and I kept getting passed by elderly people who were able to walk faster than me :rotfl:! Luckily, a bus pulled up as we arrived at the stop and we were soon at OKW. I crashed on the bed, and in the ice cool aircon and I was heaven!

Emma and Tanya arrived back around 30 minutes later after they had picked up the ring. It was lovely; Tanya now had her pearl with a small diamante either side in a silver ring. The girls also explored their goody bags for the run, and tried on their race t-shirts. It was at this point that Emma realised that she hadn’t packed any trainers with her… she was going to have to run in 'Toms'. Somehow!

The original plan for Jo and I this evening was to head to Applebee’s. However, it wasn’t going to be the easiest of places to get to using the Lynx buses, and a taxi there and back wouldn’t be the cheapest. It would seriously eat away at our drinking money! Jo instead, made the executive decision that we would head out into DTD. I was so glad, as it was so much easier… I just didn’t want to say! We had both enjoyed T-Rex previously, so decided that we’d try and eat there tonight.

Emma and Tanya left at around 7pm to get to AK in plenty of time for their 9pm start time. Jo and I took our time getting ready and decided that we didn’t envy them at all! We ended up leaving the room at around 8:15pm. We headed to T-Rex, but as usual, it was just so busy outside – we didn’t hold out much hope. We enquired, only to be told that we should expect an 80 minute wait. No way Jose – we’d have to go elsewhere! We had never tried the Crabhouse before so headed over to check the menu. However, nothing caught our eye and it was quite pricey. We passed. Instead, we decided that we’d head over to the House of Blues and if anything caught our eye along the way then we’d check it out. Paradiso 37 came up trumps! It looked like there was a good atmosphere, and if we sat at the bar (where there was space) we wouldn’t have to wait at all.

We sat down and reached for the cocktail menu before the food menu! We ended up ordering two 45oz cocktails. Yes, you read correctly… 45 oz! They were gigantic, and definitely bigger than our heads (again). I had something tropical with Midori, Malibu and some fruit juices, whilst Jo went for something rum based. We were sat next to a nice American couple who were asking us about the UK – they insisted on using Jo’s camera to take some pictures of us with our cocktails. It was nice not to have to pester someone to do it! We ordered some food, and each went for a burger… well, I’m happy to say that this was one of the best burgers that I have ever had! So tasty, lovely bread and great fries too! We were both very impressed and were glad that we had ended up here. We followed this up by another 45oz refill, and settled the bill so we could take our drinks outside.

Check out those bad boys!

Please excuse the gormless expression

Paradiso 37 Cheeseburger - Grilled Street Style, Served on a Fresh Brioche Bun, Topped with Cheddar Cheese, Lettuce and Tomato.With Fries on the Side

It was a Saturday, and so extremely busy at DTD – a great atmosphere! We decided to make our way over to the Pleasure Island area to watch the live music. The acts were very good, and I you'd swear that Justin Timberlake was on stage at one point – one guy was THAT good! It was great being able to sing along to all the songs! This was followed by an older gentleman playing classical guitar – he was also very talented, and it was nice to be able to watch a mix of things! By the time we had finished our second-head sized cocktail, it was around 11.30pm and we were knackered! We laughed, because if we were at home, this would actually be the time we were about to head out, not come home! So much for our big night out!

The others weren’t planning on getting back until around 3am, so we watched some serial killers program (don’t judge us) and crashed in bed. We slept well, knowing that we could have a proper lie in tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter