French Quarter hotel

leebee

DIS Veteran
DD23 and I are going to New Orleans to visit my sister and BIL. They live in Gretna, so DD and I are going to spend a couple of nights in the French Quarter before heading out of the city to stay with my sister. I've been looking at hotels in the Quarter, and it's overwhelming! We are looking for someplace that won't break the bank (so around $100 a night... less is better, LOL!), is safe (or as safe as NOLA gets- I am city-smart), and hopefully has free wifi and breakfast. I suppose free parking is too much to ask for in this location, but affordable parking would be good. We plan on spending our time browsing through the Quarter, and eating and drinking. What French Quarter hotels do YOU recommend?

Based on location and reviews I'd look at Royal St. Charles.

New Orleans is an hour away from me. So we usually drive over and back.

I've stayed at the Hyatt Recency and another hotel on Canal for conferences. But they are further from the heart of the French Quarter. One day I'll do a weekend stay just for fun.

Could you leave your car in Gretna and be dropped off by your family? That would eliminate parking. I would start by defining what constitutes in the FQ for you. There are some places just off Canal that are technically not FQ that I would probably like better. Then there are places that are in FQ that are farther from the bar scene that some might be looking to be in the center of. I think under $100 per night might be a tall order if you're going near spring break.

We stayed at Drury Inn near the French Quarter. Great place; great prices!! :thumbsup2

Last year we stayed for a night at the Astor Crowne Plaza at Bourbon and Canal. The location was perfect for walking or catching the streetcar. The hotel has two sections. The main tower in front that faces Canal is newer but also way more expensive. We stayed in the older section in the back of the hotel. Our view was a concrete courtyard, but we were only there to explore the city and sleep for a night before catching a cruise ship. As I recall, a room with two doubles was $135. We got two connecting rooms for our family of four.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter