Freezing breast milk and/or ice packs at CSR

Elizabeth Theriot

emtheriot
We are spending 4 nights at Coronado and will be leaving our DS with Nana. I would like to bring home the milk that I pump while we are away. Does anyone know if Disney will freeze packaged milk or freeze ice packs to help get the milk home safely? Changing to a resort with an in room freezer is not an option as our reservation was made through Priceline. We are flying. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Someone may know this for sure but at one time you could rent a refrig/freezer from a company in Orlando for your room.

My information is about 7 years old, but the bell hops have a freezer that you can use for freezing ice packs and breast milk.

The hotel should have a place where it can be done for you. Call ahead so that you are aware of any special wrapping you have to put on it while in storage.

That said, be aware that freezing is not always the optimal choice before transport, because if it thaws because of something like a flight delay, previously frozen milk will spoil within 24 hours. Chilling it actually may be the better option for getting it home without waste, as chilled milk (kept at below 39F) will keep for 4-5 days. Your best option is to have it chilled and then transport it home on dry ice, but obtaining the dry ice can be tricky, and airlines require special packaging for dry ice taken onto a plane. This is a useful primer on the subject: https://thepointsguy.com/guide/how-to-fly-with-breastmilk/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter