free water?

streudel423

*.:Over-Grown Disney Kid:.*
Does anyone know if you can just ask for a "glass of ice water" in the parks for free at any of the eating places? I know that in our state is a law that theme parks MUST offer free CUPS of water to anyone that asks. Bottled water can still be purchased.

Yes, this is true. I took advantage of it in August. It's only the actual restaurants and not the portable, roving carts. For instance, in FantasyLand behind Dumbo, there is a counter service place that serves ice cream (I think). I got a large cup of ice water there. At the Animal Kingdom in Dinoland, I got a smaller cup of ice water at a stand (that looks like a trailer). It was wonderful. Take advantage of the free water.

Yes, you most certainly may do this. When my family went in June, we didn't carry water bottles. We just stopped for water at CS places whenever we were thirsty. We thought it was easier. And yes, the water was free.

This is absolutely true. We did this all the time everyday we were in the parks in August. Some places do not have fountain water, so they will give you a cup of ice so you can fill up at the closest water fountain. I would recommend this!

Any CS or snack stand that also sells fountain drinks will give you a cup of ice water for free. HOWEVER, lately some of them will give you a small coffee cup. Make sure you specifically ask for a LARGE cup of ice water! You may get a medium sized cup, or you may get an actual large cup.

Moracco CS will give you a medium if you do not spefify size, a large if you ask for a large.
French bakery will give you a coffee cup size no matter what you ask for.

Hi
We got free ice water at some of the counter service locations in MK and MGM. At MGM the CM didn't look too happy about it, but gave us a small cup of water with ice and at the MK, the CM looked really annoyed but gave us large cups of water with ice. I had some of those powered drink mixes to add to the water and it was pretty good.

I nicely ask for a cup of ice, and have always received one. For some reason, asking for ice water sometimes brings problems.........so, I just fill up at the nearest fountain. I hate carrying bottles of water, so this works very well for me.

I nicely ask for a cup of ice, and have always received one. For some reason, asking for ice water sometimes brings problems.........so, I just fill up at the nearest fountain. I hate carrying bottles of water, so this works very well for me.

Thanks-I was just getting ready to ask about cups of ice. I never want water-just ice-and I drink the water as the ice melts.

When we asked for large cups of ice at a stand at DTD the CM gave us a dirty look and would only give us small cups, even after we asked VERY nicely twice. :confused3

We also had no problems at all asking for and receiving free ice water. In fact, most CM's asked if we wanted small or large! Always with a smile...

Does anyone know if you can just ask for a "glass of ice water" in the parks for free at any of the eating places? I know that in our state is a law that theme parks MUST offer free CUPS of water to anyone that asks. Bottled water can still be purchased.

As long as you purchase food, its a law in Florida too at restaurants (not sure if there is a Theme Park law). Granted Disney makes a lot of money but they are buying the cups(maybe the reason for the looks), which is the reason 7-11 and other convience stores make you pay for cups of ice.

Even when we buy sodas we will still ask for cups of water to get rid of the thrist before enjoying our drink.

As long as you purchase food, its a law in Florida too at restaurants (not sure if there is a Theme Park law). Granted Disney makes a lot of money but they are buying the cups(maybe the reason for the looks), which is the reason 7-11 and other convience stores make you pay for cups of ice.

Even when we buy sodas we will still ask for cups of water to get rid of the thrist before enjoying our drink.

Just wanted to say hi , neighbor! :)

Yes you can get free water, but be aware that the water there is pretty nasty and has a very distinct sulphur taste to it. I would suggest bringing some powdered drink mixes to add to your free glass of water.

We went this past August and it was very ,very HOT... we asked many times for free ice water and there was never a problem !!!! Also, no food purchase was needed !

The water from the restaurants is filtered and doesn't taste so bad, however the fountain water is very nasty.

We bring in frozen bottled water but when it is gone I ask for glasses of ice water and refill the bottles.

At first aid they have a water cooler and it is free.

We never have a problem - we always get cups of ice, and as the ice melts we drink the water. I have never seen the "look" of disgust that some have reported, the CMs always give the ice without a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter