Free ringtones that are really free?

luvavacation

DIS Veteran
I have a Sprint phone and I need a ringtone that I actually will pay attention to and know that it is my phone ringing.

Sprint charges $2.50 per download. Would rather not pay that much.

Phonezoo and Myxer, which I used a few years ago, and were free then, now take me to a screen which tells me that for $9.99, I can have unlimited "free" ringtones. I only need one ringtone. At no point do either of those sites allow me to only download one ringtone. Both sites take me to the same screen.

Is there any other site out there that has some free, or perhaps less than $2.50, ringtones?

My ideal would probably be "I'm Awake, I'm Alive" by I believe Skillet. That would get my attention! Any ideas?

They are out there, but I wont post what I use as it may be against guidelines

I don't pay anything for phonezoo and have at least 5 or 6 that I downloaded (sent) to my phone.

Have you tried using it from your computer and not your phone? That is how I use it have never paid for a ringtone.

Also try Myxer from your computer and not your phone.

I don't have a smart phone, so don't use these are my phone. Just as easy to use them on the computer and send them to my phone via text.

I use myxer for free with no problem. There are a lot that you do have to pay for, but there are also a lot you can get for free.

DD found a small sample of some music I wanted as my ringtone online, she somehow sent that to my phone and set it up to be my ringtone.

It's the "Doctor Who" theme.

And it was all free and legal!
agnes!

I use Phonezoo all the time and it's free. :confused3 Now, I have noticed that there is an advertisement on the right side of the screen. If you click on that, it offers you a 9.99 subscription. Might that be what you're seeing?

I use Phonezoo all the time and it's free. :confused3 Now, I have noticed that there is an advertisement on the right side of the screen. If you click on that, it offers you a 9.99 subscription. Might that be what you're seeing?

This! I have several Disney ringtones from phonezoo.

Ok, so apparently I must have a virus or something from the first site I visited (Phonezoo) and that is why I can not get anything, prompting me to come here!

I tried a search on that site for some ringtones, found one I liked, but the only link that worked was the one on the right of the page, which takes me to "motime", the site that wants to charge me. This happens on every site I go to, including the ones you all mentioned that work for you!:confused3

I guess I better go and do a virus scan. Maybe I will sign in with Firefox and see if the same thing happens!

Either way, thanks for the recommendations!

I've used phonezoo for years, never had any virus problems, never been asked to pay.

Ok this is gonna sound stupid but how do I get them on my phone?

I get the code--put it in and hit play/save to phone then nothing.

Where does it go and how do I get it to stay?

I use myxer or zedge... usually they text message you the link to view on your phones browser and download. from there you would have to save and/or download the song then go into your phones settings and look for sound profile or themes, something like that. Each site and phone is different so it's hard to tell with out knowing what phone and site you used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter