"Free" fast pass for completing 2 pirate adventures?

yorkieteacher

DIS Veteran
I read somewhere that if your party completed two "Pirate Adventures, Treasure of the Seven Seas", you were given a "free" fast pass for Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Is this still the case?

It was when we were there in July. FP for pirates for each member of your party who plays. We thought this little adventure was really well done and we enjoyed it a bunch!

A qualified yes. The CMs are a little inconsistent about this. You shouldn't have any problem getting FPs after the first 2. After the second 2 the CM said they don't do that. I asked if we could exchange the FPs we had from the first 2 since we did it on the last day of the month and it was down that afternoon so they were now expired. She then said that we could have them if the first two adventures were done on a different day. But then asked for the expired FPs back. It was weird.

The adventures are fun. I wouldn't do them just to get the FPs. There are much easier ways to do that. But it was neat to see all the props and effects in the park.

When we did pirate adventures we didn't know about this. Wish the cm would have mentioned this to us. We did 2 adventures and would have liked the fps

About how long does it take to complete 2 adventures? I want to compare the time it takes to the standby wait.

Can someone explain the adventure? I have an 8 yo, 12yo and 15yo boy. Will they enjoy it?

I have heard sometimes they do not have the FP ( I think they get X amount a day and when they run out they stop giving them out) I would not do this just for the FP but do it for the fun of it

About how long does it take to complete 2 adventures? I want to compare the time it takes to the standby wait.

It takes about an hour to do two. Longer than stby and much longer than refreshing to get an FP. It's really not worth doing for the FPs alone. But they are fun little adventures.

Can someone explain the adventure? I have an 8 yo, 12yo and 15yo boy. Will they enjoy it?

The 8 yo definitely. Probably the 12 yo. I'm not sure about a 15 yo. Basically you get a map with locations and at each location there is a prop in the park that you activate which tells you which location on the map to go to next. Each adventure has 4 or 5 locations to go to. The props have little effects that tell a pirate story for each adventure.

Just did it Tuesday 2/26 and all the CM we interacted with were very forthcoming about getting the fast passes after your second mission. We saw three different CM cycle through in our time playing. It took about 30-40 minutes to do two missions but we stayed on task and moved fairly quickly in order to fit it in. My seven year old loved it and i think it's well done, the effects you activate are fun. When we did it standby was 50 minutes so it was a little faster and a more fun way to spend that time.

Out of curiosity, do these 2x missions have to be done within the same day, or could they be split up within a trip? We have 2 Magic Kingdom days in August and I could see it likely that we would do a mission on one day, then come back for another on another. However, our travel party will have also grown by two people, so maybe that would nullify ability to get FP for everyone on the second day anyways.

As someone who's never actually done the activity before, feel free to let me know its very inefficient timewise to split these up anyways (i.e. if you really want to do 2 missions, just do them back-back).

Can everything in the adventures be seen and done without having your own smart phone?

Many years ago there was a set of adventures at Epcot where they gave you a special device that resembled a dumb cell phone but all of the adventure were depicted in dioramas and animatronics and displays that were physical infrastructure.

Can everything in the adventures be seen and done without having your own smart phone?

Many years ago there was a set of adventures at Epcot where they gave you a special device that resembled a dumb cell phone but all of the adventure were depicted in dioramas and animatronics and displays that were physical infrastructure.
No phone needed. They give you a “talisman”—a cardboard token that you scan at each stop.

You don't need a phone, the "talisman" card they give you activates the special effects, unless this has changed in the last year. Most of the adventures take about 20 minutes each, depending on how familiar you are with Adventureland in order to recognize the locations on the map they are sending you to.

My daughter just did this a few days ago and she did get a FP after she completed it. Of course the ride was only about a 20 minute wait at the time. LOL

Did this for the first time during my last visit and was surprised how cool some of the effects were. Much more interesting than Sorcerers of the Magic Kingsom.

I did two missions and got a FP.

Is the fastpass in addition to other fast passes? Or do you have to use it before you can look for others?

Is the fastpass in addition to other fast passes? Or do you have to use it before you can look for others?
When we did it about a year ago it was a paper FP, so it was not electronically linked to our profiles in MDE. It had no effect on our first 3 prebooked FP or the subsequent FPs we booked through the app that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter