"Free" fast pass for completing 2 pirate adventures?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by yorkieteacher, Nov 10, 2018 at 11:21 AM.

1. yorkieteacher

yorkieteacher Mouseketeer

I read somewhere that if your party completed two "Pirate Adventures, Treasure of the Seven Seas", you were given a "free" fast pass for Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Is this still the case?

2. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Earning My Ears

It was when we were there in July. FP for pirates for each member of your party who plays. We thought this little adventure was really well done and we enjoyed it a bunch!

yorkieteacher likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. PrincessWithABlaster

PrincessWithABlaster DIS Veteran

A qualified yes. The CMs are a little inconsistent about this. You shouldn't have any problem getting FPs after the first 2. After the second 2 the CM said they don't do that. I asked if we could exchange the FPs we had from the first 2 since we did it on the last day of the month and it was down that afternoon so they were now expired. She then said that we could have them if the first two adventures were done on a different day. But then asked for the expired FPs back. It was weird.

The adventures are fun. I wouldn't do them just to get the FPs. There are much easier ways to do that. But it was neat to see all the props and effects in the park.

yorkieteacher and AnnieOakley like this.
  5. PrincessArlena'sDad

PrincessArlena'sDad DIS Veteran

When we did pirate adventures we didn't know about this. Wish the cm would have mentioned this to us. We did 2 adventures and would have liked the fps

6. Twitterpaited

Twitterpaited Earning My Ears

About how long does it take to complete 2 adventures? I want to compare the time it takes to the standby wait.

7. ForMyBoys

ForMyBoys DIS Veteran

Can someone explain the adventure? I have an 8 yo, 12yo and 15yo boy. Will they enjoy it?

8. gap2368

gap2368 DIS Veteran

I have heard sometimes they do not have the FP ( I think they get X amount a day and when they run out they stop giving them out) I would not do this just for the FP but do it for the fun of it

9. gap2368

gap2368 DIS Veteran

here you go

CouponGirl, Dbktmc and ForMyBoys like this.
  10. PrincessWithABlaster

PrincessWithABlaster DIS Veteran

It takes about an hour to do two. Longer than stby and much longer than refreshing to get an FP. It's really not worth doing for the FPs alone. But they are fun little adventures.

The 8 yo definitely. Probably the 12 yo. I'm not sure about a 15 yo. Basically you get a map with locations and at each location there is a prop in the park that you activate which tells you which location on the map to go to next. Each adventure has 4 or 5 locations to go to. The props have little effects that tell a pirate story for each adventure.