FREE DINING UPDATE- RUMOR and SPECULATION / Update Page 80 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they normally announce days ahead that something will be released? Would it be normal for them to say Thursday that a Monday deal was coming out or would you just hear about it Monday??

Jackie

Usually just the day it's released. Sometimes there is a lot of speculation as to what/when but most times it's just that day. Also, some promos like the FD is sometimes (most of the time) released to Disney Visa holders for the first 3 days and then to the GP. There was a Free Dining offer in the fall of 2008 that just was offered to Disney Visa holders (started Sept 28 through near the end of Dec ) I recall the date since we changed our room only reservation to the FD when it was released mid Sept!

I got an email earlier today from someone..

And what they were hearing is that "IF" F/D is offered.. the promo won't be released til MUCH later than usual.

Take this with the usual 'block' of salt.

Enjoy.

K

You've just hit the nail on the head in this discussion. I don't think that Free Dining was getting the job done for Disney and in my opinion, if it's offered, it won't be offered in the same way or for the same duration as previous years.

Just my guess at this point but it's starting to look increasingly likely that change is coming to the fall promotions.

---

As for the poster who asked if something else will be coming for earlier dates in June - I wouldn't rule ANYTHING out at this point.. but my guess would be the next thing to see would be something later..
IF you are correct in this "grand speculation" we all here are involved in,I for one,will NOT be going to WDW this year-as I have said before.Weaning us from FD is like trying to quit smoking-very hard!!:scared1: I am still not convinved that FD,as in years past will NOT be offered this year!Wishful thinking,maybe,but as I have also said before,IF they are not going to have FD,they need to announce something very soon and get it over with already!!:rolleyes:

IF you are correct in this "grand speculation" we all here are involved in,I for one,will NOT be going to WDW this year-as I have said before.Weaning us from FD is like trying to quit smoking-very hard!!:scared1: I am still not convinved that FD,as in years past will NOT be offered this year!Wishful thinking,maybe,but as I have also said before,IF they are not going to have FD,they need to announce something very soon and get it over with already!!:rolleyes:

I edited that two seconds after posting. Sorry.

See the post one post up from yours.

AND since someone will ask "Much Later" means like late April or early May for a F/D promo to come out.

WAY later than usual.

I sincerely hope that's wrong .. I don't think we can all take another month of this. :)

I got an email earlier today from someone..

And what they were hearing is that "IF" F/D is offered.. the promo won't be released til MUCH later than usual.

Take this with the usual 'block' of salt.

Enjoy.

K

I can believe that. :rolleyes:

Has there ever been rumors before of other deals coming out instead of FD or is this the first year? It is amazing to see how many rumors there are in both directions. There are people guaranteeing it won't come out, people guaranteeing it will. It really is annoying actually, but I just can't seem to tear myself away from it all. A bit addictive I think.

I think the reason why we UK visitors are being offered free dining for 2011 is because with rising costs of trans Atlantic flights and a weak £ against the $ going to and staying in Disney is becoming increasingly expensive.
On previous trips we have never had free dining but since our trip last year we seriously take this into consideration when booking our holiday as it worked so well for us and saved us quite alot of cash.
I think that if free dining wasn't offered there would be alot of people considering off site or not visiting the World at all.

I am already booked at POP and have all my ADRs. I asked the guy "IF" dining comes out, does he know what my chances would be of getting it. He said POP is the first value to fill up and I better jump on it quick. Does anyone know just how quick I would need to jump on it? I am a Visa cardholder, but god-forbid I'm in a meeting at work or something.

I have heard a couple times this year about Pop being the first to fill... I really don't understand this since.. our first year 2007, we were booked at ASMo and when fd was released, my TA got us FD, but we had to switch resorts... to POP, because ASMo was booked. The following year, we booked at Pop and when FD was released, my TA (same one) got it for us and no change in resorts. So 2 years on FD and 2 years at POP... this year we are trying to go to a different resort (love Pop, just want something different) so are booked at ASSp... but if we have to change that to get FD (or whatever promo is released) we will!!
So I would say chances are good to keep Pop.
BTW we don't have DV, so we had to wait for the release to general public.

Has there ever been rumors before of other deals coming out instead of FD or is this the first year? It is amazing to see how many rumors there are in both directions. There are people guaranteeing it won't come out, people guaranteeing it will. It really is annoying actually, but I just can't seem to tear myself away from it all. A bit addictive I think.

Believe me.. I watch General Hospital every day (I blame my mother for this habit) ... and the folks in Port Charles got NOTHING on the Codes & Rates board.

Hey Canadian Guy......

Gettin' tired yet???? :lmao:

I was just wonderin' the same thing.:rotfl:

Oh I got big shoulders. I'll be fine. But I just think that another 30 days of the 'waiting' may cause some posters to explode.. and I don't blame them!
:scared1:

Believe me.. I watch General Hospital every day (I blame my mother for this habit) ... and the folks in Port Charles got NOTHING on the Codes & Rates board.

Oh I got big shoulders. I'll be fine. But I just think that another 30 days of the 'waiting' may cause some posters to explode.. and I don't blame them!
:scared1:

Ha ha .. that's too funny. I don't normally watch GH but happen to be right at this moment. You are so right!!!

AND since someone will ask "Much Later" means like late April or early May for a F/D promo to come out.

WAY later than usual.

I sincerely hope that's wrong .. I don't think we can all take another month of this. :)

I certainly hope it isn't that late. Disney should know better. We have reservations at Hard Rock Hotel at Universal for the first week of October. If Disney doesn't release Free Dining until May...we probably won't change our plans. Trying to get ADR's 4 months in advance, and planning MNNSHP while we are there is just too hard with such short notice. I certainly hope they let us know soon. Limbo stinks!

I actually asked a rep that question this morning. He said no. He said - HYPATHETICALLY- "if" a plan were to come out tomorrow, SOMETIMES it would show up on the Disney Visa page after 9:00 pm the night before. But he said that has only happened a handful of times.

I am already booked at POP and have all my ADRs. I asked the guy "IF" dining comes out, does he know what my chances would be of getting it. He said POP is the first value to fill up and I better jump on it quick. Does anyone know just how quick I would need to jump on it? I am a Visa cardholder, but god-forbid I'm in a meeting at work or something.

If I were you, I would check every morning before I left for work and jump on the phone ASAP when and if the offer is made. In 2007, Pop sold out for FD in a few days.

I have free dining at Pop booked as a bounceback and now friends of ours want to come along. We're really hoping FD is offered so our friends can book it too. If they can't get FD, we'll likely change our reservation to whatever offer they get. I do feel confident that a decent offer will be made since it is traditionally a slow time of year for WDW.

After all, It'd be pretty gauche to take our Free Dining trip with friends and say "see ya" at meal times because they don't want to spend as much time and money in restaurants. So I really do hope it's going to be the traditional FD.

I may be in the minority here, but I'm kind of hoping for a deal other than FD for the fall. Depending on where you stay, a room-only discount can be a better deal. I am with everyone else here, though, when I say that I just wish they'd announce SOMETHING past August 14 and be done with it.

I have free dining at Pop booked as a bounceback and now friends of ours want to come along. We're really hoping FD is offered so our friends can book it too. If they can't get FD, we'll likely change our reservation to whatever offer they get. I do feel confident that a decent offer will be made since it is traditionally a slow time of year for WDW.

What about adding them a room to your ressie and plan? They would have to pay you instead of disney I guess...... I thought I had heard of others doing that. Could be bad info or misinformed all together though..... gotta be careful around here:goodvibes

What about adding them a room to your ressie and plan? They would have to pay you instead of disney I guess...... I thought I had heard of others doing that. Could be bad info or misinformed all together though..... gotta be careful around here:goodvibes

Only possible if there was a second adult in the previous stay. And then it's a big IFF as many claim to be able to do it, but many claim they were denied this.

I may be in the minority here, but I'm kind of hoping for a deal other than FD for the fall. Depending on where you stay, a room-only discount can be a better deal. I am with everyone else here, though, when I say that I just wish they'd announce SOMETHING past August 14 and be done with it.

Only on a deluxe stay is guaranteed. On a mod, it depends on the number of adults or juniors. The more there are, the better savings FD brings.

On a value, FD is always better, even if it's one adult (solo) and staying on the busiest time of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter