Free Dining Program Question

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
Was planning my trip for next year and was thinking of going down September 29-October 7, 2007.

Here's the question. Is the free dining plan good for your entire stay or only in September? What I mean is will I get the free dining on 9/29 & 9/30 only, then have to pay for the dining plan for 10/1-10/7?

Also, is this a good time to go? Is it still pretty hot, humid and rainy?

No, if you check in by the last date offered it will cover your stay up to 10 days long. So you can get it into October.

This is assuming they will do another year of free dining, which may not happen of course.

We enjoy going in mid to late October because it is a little cooler but Sept is still a good time to go =)

I think that it would be risky to assume that Disney will have free dining next year and that it will be offered in Sept. Remember, last year free dining was offered in Dec.

Thanks for the info. Am just tossing the idea around and hope the free dining is offered again. If so, then great. If not, no big deal.

jjatwdw said:
I think that it would be risky to assume that Disney will have free dining next year and that it will be offered in Sept. Remember, last year free dining was offered in Dec.

That is not true. I had free dining last year. It was offered Aug 21-Oct 4 last year. The didn't offer free dining as a promo in December at all.

I was surprised to see them offer it again this year since they don't usually repeat their promos.

jjatwdw said:

No, it was offered the same time frame it is this year. I know because we went last year on October 1, and free dining ended a day or two later. I booked my package in February, and applied the free dining code in April or May when it was announced.

ReneeA said:
That is not true. I had free dining last year. It was offered Aug 21-Oct 4 last year. The didn't offer free dining as a promo in December at all.

I was surprised to see them offer it again this year since they don't usually repeat their promos.

That is funny, because I was thinking the same thing. I was there for 10 days in September and got the free dining, plus I was there for 5 days in December and there was no free dining, so I started thinking, how did I miss that one.

For the OP: I would love to see free dining back next year, but you can never bank on disney that they will do the same thing the following year. And, just because they let the program run into October this year, by no means, you can't be certain that they may cut it off next year. We can hope, but be ready in case the rules change as the rules have been changing alot this year. I've already got dates rolling around for August 2007 too, but mine would be a combo package of free dining and dvc split stay.

Wait and see if it is offered first. If the hurricane season is not severe and bookings look good then they will not offer it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!