Free dining plan?

MissKris721

Mouseketeer
Hey all-
I have a friend who is planning on going to Disney in September and I've been hearing (er, reading) about a free dining plan? Can someone point me in the right direction to find out what dates and what exactly it is? Or you could respond to this post please. Can you do the free dining plan if you are staying off-site?

Sorry, but I believe the deadline for "signing up" for the free dining plan has already passed.

MissKris721 said:
Can you do the free dining plan if you are staying off-site?

:rotfl2: Wouldn't it be great to get FREE dining while staying off-site!!!!

You can't even PURCHASE the dining plan when staying off-site let alone get it free.

Disney ran a promotion a few months back where you had to book a minimum 3 night package that included park tickets and paying the rack rate for an on-site hotel in order to receive the dining plan for free.

You had to book a WDW package by the end of June to recieve the free dining (available for the dates of 8/13 through 9/30).

You have to book an on-site resort and pay full price for the room. Then, you get 3 meals a day for free. I think some are counter service and 1 is a sit down meal.

AJKMOM said:
You have to book an on-site resort and pay full price for the room. Then, you get 3 meals a day for free. I think some are counter service and 1 is a sit down meal.

Actually, 2 meals and a snack. One table service, one counter service, one snack. Anyway, too late for this year to get it.

Hi! We will be staying at the Swan and Dolphin Hotel. Are we able to purchase a Meal Plan for our stay in WDW? Where, if so, and How? Thanks :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if they will be doing the free dining for 2007 and if so does it work with DVC? thanks :wave2: :wave2:

Disney offered the free dining plan two years in a row, in the late summer/early fall. This is typically a slow time for them due to HURRICANE SEASON, extreme heat and humidity, and school just starting back. Yes, I am certain it increased the traffic in the parks during the promo. Will, they offer it in 07? No one knows yet! I am pretty sure DVC members are not eligible. I would never pass up free dining, but the dates have not worked for us yet, so we have never done it. We have decided NOT to buy the dining plan for our November trip, three of our kids would have to pay the "adult" rate. We just don't feel they eat enough to make it cost effective for us. HTH.

MissKris721 said:
Wow, interesting. Does anyone know if the free dining plan has boosted the tourism?

I don't know if it got anyone else to go, but I was not planning a summer trip, and then along came the free DDP. 4 of us going in one week. I bet there were other people who decided to visit.

Great post... I was curious about the same thing..... Does anyone out there know approx when they (WDW) offered the Free Dining plan... Not the dates of the actual free dining but when they started saying if you book now.. free dining... (I know when it ended....) But when did it start?????? Thank you!

I think it was April 1st for Disney VISA cardholders and April 4th for everyone else. There was a limited number of rooms per resort for the offer. We had no trouble getting the Beach Club for the time we wanted. It really is a good deal if you stay at a value resort, though. We took advantage of the free dining as an incentive to try out the Beach Club since we were saving $$$ on the food.

My post from another thread:
hrbib21 said:
Well, I'm currently going through a bad experience with AAA, an organization I've been a member of since I began driving (18 years). I booked a trip with them on March 17. The free dining plan was offered from 4/4-6/28/06 for stays that include my trip. I was never told about the free dining even though I called multiple times to make payments and obtain information.

Now, a NORMAL travel agent would've done the right thing and at least told us about it. I know this to be true since I've dealt with private agencies before. I mean, why would you use one if they aren't going to look out for you? It's their job. What REALLY got my anger up is that they told us, when inquiring about other discounts, that they automatically keep an eye out for discounts and specials. The response I've received thus far is: "Managment told us not to offer it....to only add it if asked.". Take a guess on whether "management" has called me back yet after multiple calls.

I'm rather perturbed over this because it's now costing us over $800 to add the dining plan for 3 adults. Sure, I still think it's a good deal but a better deal would be FREE. Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that the trip is just around the corner, I'd cancel the whole thing.
Yeah, I'm not happy.

Abigail27 said:
Does anyone know if they will be doing the free dining for 2007 and if so does it work with DVC? thanks :wave2: :wave2:

DVC is not included in the free dining. I will be paying for the portion I will be staying on points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter