Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!! Dates Confirmed!!! ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( not news I want to hear. Bummer. We are a group of five and checking in AOA November 22nd. Thanks for the info anyway guys. At least it's a heads up.

100% sure no AoA suites on FD

We need room for 6

Where is the Disney magic when I need it

moderate resorts add 2k to the cost. Dinning is only 1.2 k

I think the most likely way for POFQ to be added in the future is after people with reservations there start moving to get free dining elsewhere.

If i get FD or a room discount at POR I'll be dumping a POFQ resservation. Course it's a rack rate (made it in spring), but I doubt it becomes available.

I look at this as a great way to mix it up and not do the same old Disney Trip.

Never stayed Moderate before (planning 4-5 nights at POR, preferred room in AB)
Going to try a bunch of TS restaurants for the first time
Might not hop-try to force some relaxation at the resort and DTD
Going to do MNSSHP for the first time, not going to miss MSEP

Sounds good to me.

I don't know if it has been added in when the deal explicitly states no POFQ, but it has run out of FD rooms and then had more later in the offer.

Thanks. This gives me some hope. Of course, it also means my FD journey might not end Thursday if I have to keep checking!

Trying again Thursday! Switching from a Little Mermaid room to maybe Riverside or CBR. I haven't stayed at either. We have two little girls 3 & 6. Does anyone have a recommendation? I know they would've loved AofA but I have no idea which moderate would appeal to them -maybe a royal room at the RIverside if its part of the offer?

I think you are on the right track from what I know. My girls are 4 and 7, we are also switching from little mermaid since its excluded.

We will move our dates to October and move to POP if availability exist (looks like it might get an onslaught of bookings since AOA is out of the running and so is POFQ). If not, we will keep our September FDing at AOA and downgrade to QSDP......either way, we will be at Disney and it'll be a blast :)

Is she in tomorrow? Call or email her as soon as possible and let her know the deal is coming. See if she will be handling it for you or if there is someone in her office can do it that day. She should take care of it for you or at least get someone to do it if she can't.

You would have to have your travel agent make the change for you. Good luck!

Thanks!

I will send her an email and ask that! Our agent is a friend of a friend but there is a Disney know all agent there who I think I should be able to ask to help out in this instance.

We stay at POFQ and the same bus stops at POR. There is only one stop at POFQ but there are 4 stops at the POR resort. So sometimes it takes a little longer and sometimes the bus is full when we get to a stop. As far as walking far to a bus stop, I don't think that will be an issue since there are 4 of them at POR.
We had the worst bus service at FQ, but it was still acceptable, in our opinion. No horribly long waits. But it did share service with POR at all times while we were there. Not 1 stop. 1 stop at FQ, but still had to stop at all of POR stops.

Has this ever happened before? Added it back in?
Joe said in chat he doesn't think there is much of a chance if any for FQ to get added.

I am getting excited my only question is: is this Thursday open to the public or is it it starting with the visa holders ?

We had the worst bus service at FQ, but it was still acceptable, in our opinion. No horribly long waits. But it did share service with POR at all times while we were there. Not 1 stop. 1 stop at FQ, but still had to stop at all of POR stops.

Joe said in chat he doesn't think there is much of a chance if any for FQ to get added.

What is chat? I'm kinda new.....

Off topic......my kids and I just saw a preview for Disneys Frozen on Disney XD during a POTC commercial break....omg we laughed. It comes out in November. That's going to be a must see!

Wow, I was nervous when I saw Port Orleans, because Saturday I just booked my trip December 14-20 to stay at Riverside. I will be waiting Thursday for the offer to be released. Do I just call and apply the free dining to my existing reservation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter