• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!! (And a whole lot more) ~ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you struggling to get free dining, I received an email from Travelocity today for 15% off today on hotels. I know if you can go through an ebates or shopathome you can get some further savings. Ebates is 6.5% on hotels. I think you can add tickets and get the 15% off those as well. Just in case someone has thought about this, maybe the 15% will help.

Code: GETAWAY15E

Doing it right now....saving $409! Finally snagged a discount (our days at POR were also blacked out of FD so couldn not get a discount through Disney). THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

After reading posts about high airfare I decided to check it out. I bought our tickets 2 mos ago for $868 roundtrip for 5 people, plus 3 checked bags and seat assignment both to and from with SPirit airlines. I just checked for the same exact flight it is now $1348.00. I am sooo glad I bought our tickets when I did!
On another note, I also bought our MNSSHP tickets the same day for Oct 31. I was worried it would sell out, with all the previous information I had read. However as of today it is still not sold out. Is that normal or will we be super lucky and experience low crowds. :scratchin

Bella, I am actually looking into this exact same thing. I never ever booked outside of disney EVER (lol i sound like taylor swift) and Travelocity has the better deal for room only. Have u done this before and if so have u had any problems booking thru Travelocity ?

I have only booked hotel only with Travelocity for Disney. I have booked other trips with no issue. I did later cancel very easily with Travelocity after my dates opened back up at Disney. From what I understand, Travelocity will not cancel the ticket portion as it is listed under activities. If anyone knows anything more specific, info would be great. I was able to get the nights not showing under FD for a great deal with Travelocity until they opened up for me through Disney. Sorry I'm not more help. Really wish there wasn't so much to keep track of. Pins, codes, and no availability really start to get stressful!

Doing it right now....saving $409! Finally snagged a discount (our days at POR were also blacked out of FD so couldn not get a discount through Disney). THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

That is great! :). What did they say about tickets?

Sooooo........before FD rolled out I was booked at the AOA Nemo Suites. When I found out that FD didn't include AOA I knew I'd have to have a back up. My first choice was POR, but when I called FD morning (chaos!! :scared:) there were no rooms at POR for our dates, but CBR was available. We took it and were pretty pleased with our decision. I have two little girls (6 and 2) and was a little bummed to let go of some sort of themed resort, but CBR looked beautiful and from what I read fun for children. A few times since then I pulled up the WDW site (just for fun) entered my dates under the FD promotion just to see what I would get. Less and less rooms came up every time I checked. And yesterday CBR and POR were completely sold out of FD rooms for my dates. This morning I did the same. CBR was sold out, but when I pulled up POR low and behold what do I see....A ROYAL GUEST ROOM AT POR!!!! I'm thinking no way....I didn't even think they included those in this promo this time around. I called DH quickly and wondered his thoughts. Of course he knows his girls will love it so he says "Call Disney!" So I do and wait on hold with that nervous feeling thinking it will be gone before I talk with a CM. Finally my CM picks up, I ask her about it. She even thought hmmmmm. She checked and there it was!!! We got it!! I'm so excited my little princesses will get to stay in this room and with such an awesome discount like FD! Sorry for a long long post. But like my title says I'm sharing with those that understand the excitement!!

Doing a happy dance!:cool1:

Amazing!!!! What are your dates?

I've been playing around with dates at POR today. They must have opened up a new batch of royal rooms today because I'm seeing availability in all categories of Royal Rooms for fd.

So whoever is reading this and want POR, check the website now to see if your dates are available! :)

After a discussion with my mom, we decided to switch to preferred rooms at CS. The CM was wonderful and go everything switched over, but I just checked our reservations online. My res list FD, my Mom's does not. Do I need to call back? Or do some reservations not show FD?
Hold time was over 30 mins. :sad2:
Do you think we should have switched? Buses and food court are higher priority than pool, since she and I have to do the breakfast run in the morning while the kids and DH's are waking up and getting ready. LOL

Amazing!!!! What are your dates?

I've been playing around with dates at POR today. They must have opened up a new batch of royal rooms today because I'm seeing availability in all categories of Royal Rooms for fd.

So whoever is reading this and want POR, check the website now to see if your dates are available! :)

My dates are November 22-27. I never thought that those rooms were an option. So I was beyond excited this morning!!

The tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. I am slightly nervous about that and not having insurance. We had insurance with our trip we booked through Disney and will still have to pay for it when we cancel that trip, but we will still save $409 after that. Anyone have any advice about insurance? Do you normally get it, or pass on it? I guess I'm slightly paranoid. When we were trying to get my parents to come with us in Oct. 2010, my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer on June 7, 2010 and passed away on June 14, 2010 :sad1:. We hadn't added my parents to our trip, yet, but were glad that we had insurance for us when he was diagnosed....Little did we know what would happen once he got chemo. ....So...on a lighter note, I guess I am just paranoid about not having insurance and having non-refundable tix....but not paranoid enough to pass up the $409 savings...lol!

Forgot to mention....If anyone plans to book through travelocity....I got a slightly cheaper rate by doing it over the phone. It was about $22 less over the phone. I found the difference to be in the hotel fees spot (Perhaps they charge for doing things online?).

Inch by inch I'm getting what we wanted- POR AB section. Just got another night with free dining added on! Popped up and I called right in! 7 nights!! Want 9 or 10, so I'm getting there 1 night at a time!

Inch by inch I'm getting what we wanted- POR AB section. Just got another night with free dining added on! Popped up and I called right in! 7 nights!! Want 9 or 10, so I'm getting there 1 night at a time!

Congrats! How long was the wait on the phone? I need to call to request bed rails for my niece and was hoping things would start to quiet down and the wait times would be less.

Congrats! How long was the wait on the phone? I need to call to request bed rails for my niece and was hoping things would start to quiet down and the wait times would be less.

Thanks! I only waited a few minutes today, not bad at all!

Okay just an FYI since I know lots of us on this thread have a Disney Visa

Tasting your way around the world just got sweeter at the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival. For one day only, on Monday August 12 from 7am-11pm EST, Cardmembers have the opportunity to book special events before sales open to the general public on August 13.1 Indulge your taste buds with a range of events, including:

Culinary Demonstrations
Mixology Seminars
Wine Schools
Cheese Seminars
"3D" Disney Dessert Discovery

Number to call is (407) WDW-FEST

NOT a rumor just got the email

Ok..another question.... I booked our trip through Travelocity and saved the $409! :goodvibes :goodvibes :cheer2: :cheer2:
I called to cancel the trip booked directly through Disney. I used my discover card for the $200 deposit, but used my Disney visa to pay the balance off just the other day (I had given up on any discounts, since we were at POR during blackout FD days.) The CM asked me if I wanted the refund to my discover or visa, I said discover. I put the Travelocity ressie on my discover, so the Disney refund will wipe that out for me on my Discover. My question is.....Do you suppose I will still have 0% on the Disney visa, since the charge is still on there (and was booked through Disney)? My guess is yes. My statement should be coming out around the 14th. How can I tell? Does it specifically state something about 0% on it? Thanks for your help!

The tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. I am slightly nervous about that and not having insurance. We had insurance with our trip we booked through Disney and will still have to pay for it when we cancel that trip, but we will still save $409 after that. Anyone have any advice about insurance? Do you normally get it, or pass on it? I guess I'm slightly paranoid. When we were trying to get my parents to come with us in Oct. 2010, my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer on June 7, 2010 and passed away on June 14, 2010 :sad1:. We hadn't added my parents to our trip, yet, but were glad that we had insurance for us when he was diagnosed....Little did we know what would happen once he got chemo. ....So...on a lighter note, I guess I am just paranoid about not having insurance and having non-refundable tix....but not paranoid enough to pass up the $409 savings...lol!

I always buy insurance. This trip and the last I bought it through Allianz. I think it was $150. My husband gets sick a lot (and not just colds, hospital-requiring things) so just too big a chance. Like now, he has kidney stones. Not obstructing at the moment so they don't want to do anything. But my luck they will move about a day before we leave. We don't even tell the kids about the trips, not for the surprise, but because I am honestly worried we could have to cancel it for an illness.

What number did you call? I can't seem to get through.

I called the 407-W-DISNEY number to cancel my ressie this evening and was on hold for over 30 mins (but less than 45 I'm guessing)....
I was also on hold for at least 20 minutes around 5ish when I called to ask questions about cancelling.
Apparently, the phone lines are still having trouble keeping up!

I always buy insurance. This trip and the last I bought it through Allianz. I think it was $150. My husband gets sick a lot (and not just colds, hospital-requiring things) so just too big a chance. Like now, he has kidney stones. Not obstructing at the moment so they don't want to do anything. But my luck they will move about a day before we leave. We don't even tell the kids about the trips, not for the surprise, but because I am honestly worried we could have to cancel it for an illness.

Thanks. Would that cover non-refundable tickets through Travelocity, too, or just the room? (The worst case scenerio for the room would be a one night deposit, which is close to the cost of the insurance.) Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter