Free Dining for AP Holders

PlutoTheDog89

DIS Veteran
We are new AP holders. I know in order to get Free Dining, you need at least a 2-day park hopper.

Our APs will be up in April, 2018. My question is, if we purchase the two-day park hopper, can we re-assign them to a dummy account in MDE then apply the cost of the 2-day ticket to (possibly) renewing our APs in 2018?

In other words, can we purchase the 2-day hopper ($1,036), get the free dining, then re-assign the park tickets to a dummy account.. and when it comes time to re-new our 4 APs (a $3,318.5 value) can we apply the $1,036 worth of tickets to the AP?

EDIT: I also understand that the room-only discount is usually better. Have there been any rumors of a room-only discount being released too?

I don't think you even need the dummy account. People do this all the time. Purchase the lowest amount of tickets needed to get the free dining and hold on to them to use towards renewal.

As for room discounts as far as I can tell there is pretty much always a room only discount offer. That's normally what we use and aside from major holidays it always seems to be an option. The AP room discount is usually a little better than the public one though. Not by a lot but there can be different availability. It does come out later usually, but it's often bookable even closer to the dates of travel than the public offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter