Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DS (16) is severely allergic to peanuts (not sure if it's full blown anaphylaxis) and also has an egg allergy (the slightest bit of egg baked in something makes him vomit), as well as a host of other allergies :(

Where are you taking your son to do the food challenges? I would love to have this done for my son before he goes off to college and out on his own....And his dining experiences at Disney would be a lot more satisfying (he thinks the egg-free cookies there are nasty - LOL) :)
Our Childrens Hospital is the only place we can challenge, our allergist had to recommend the challenge once his Ige levels were low enough.
One thing about disney they are very thorough when it comes to allergy free dining. I truly appreciated being talked through the meals with my son last Fall - by our 3rd buffet though I think I had a good handle on what was safe.
Good luck - I hope your son's allergies improve!

Well, time to suck it up and face the realization that I may not get in on the free dining offer. Oh well.

That is how I am feeling. But I booked when I did knowing that it wasn't guaranteed. If it doesn't happen I have already told my daughter that we will only do two table service meals because honestly we don't eat enough food to make paying for the dining plan to be worth it.

The good news is our dates are totally flexible and we are driving so I am hoping that we will find something that will work for us at one of the resorts.

That is how I am feeling. But I booked when I did knowing that it wasn't guaranteed. If it doesn't happen I have already told my daughter that we will only do two table service meals because honestly we don't eat enough food to make paying for the dining plan to be worth it.

The good news is our dates are totally flexible and we are driving so I am hoping that we will find something that will work for us at one of the resorts.

If I can ask, how old are your kids and what distance do you have to drive? This will be our first trip to WDW by car, and I'm a little nervous about a 10 hour drive with my two girls, ages 3 and 9.

Edit: I see now you're in Ohio, and I don't have a thing to complain about :)

There are typically plenty of rooms at Pop for the GP offer. You shouldn't have any trouble as long as your dates qualify.

Good to know! You've just put my mind at ease slightly :)

We love POP and have debated between keeping a ressie there and upgrading the dining plan or upgrading to a moderate. My parents are coming, my dad is 80, and I'm just not sure POP will be ideal for him, as I expect him to spend more time in the room, and he's kinda high maintenance lol

I'm booked for mid-September with a room discount from last year's bounceback. Free dining will probably be a better deal for us since we've got 5 adults and a child at AoA. I don't have a Disney visa, so it wasn't used to book, but my cousin (who is on the reservation) does. Can we call and switch promotions if available, or do I have to wait for the GP offer? Or should we just re-book it under her name and cancel the first reservation?

Our Childrens Hospital is the only place we can challenge, our allergist had to recommend the challenge once his Ige levels were low enough.
One thing about disney they are very thorough when it comes to allergy free dining. I truly appreciated being talked through the meals with my son last Fall - by our 3rd buffet though I think I had a good handle on what was safe.
Good luck - I hope your son's allergies improve!

I agree. Disney is very good about letting us know what foods are safe. He's usually not able to have dessert though, poor kid :( Our allergist has never tested his IgE levels - I need to inquire about that! Good luck to your little one. Being peanut and egg free would be a game changer!

If I can ask, how old are your kids and what distance do you have to drive? This will be our first trip to WDW by car, and I'm a little nervous about a 10 hour drive with my two girls, ages 3 and 9.

Edit: I see now you're in Ohio, and I don't have a thing to complain about :)

Yep, we are in northeastern Ohio, so it's about 1100 miles, or about 17 hours. But we have been driving long distances with our kids since they were babies so they are used to it. If you don't have a tv in your car I'd suggest investing in one. We have a system that has two screens, it is perfect for our kids. Also plan in lots of stops. When ours were little we'd plan rest stop stops so that the kids could get out and run. Also bring lots of snacks. And most of all have fun.

Oh and are kids now are 18, 17, 15, 14, and 13. Our last trip was from Ohio to Utah to bring our oldest out to college. Now road trips are a little more sane because no one has to sit directly next to anyone with only 4 of them in the car.

Enjoy your trip!

I agree. Disney is very good about letting us know what foods are safe. He's usually not able to have dessert though, poor kid :( Our allergist has never tested his IgE levels - I need to inquire about that! Good luck to your little one. Being peanut and egg free would be a game changer!

Disney is a food vacation for our family--we rarely ever dine out due to 3 of 4 of us have celiac disease. But at WDW, we have no worries, and it is sooooooo nice. Good luck to you and you to you and your little one too, Meldev!

Yep, we are in northeastern Ohio, so it's about 1100 miles, or about 17 hours. But we have been driving long distances with our kids since they were babies so they are used to it. If you don't have a tv in your car I'd suggest investing in one. We have a system that has two screens, it is perfect for our kids. Also plan in lots of stops. When ours were little we'd plan rest stop stops so that the kids could get out and run. Also bring lots of snacks. And most of all have fun.

Oh and are kids now are 18, 17, 15, 14, and 13. Our last trip was from Ohio to Utah to bring our oldest out to college. Now road trips are a little more sane because no one has to sit directly next to anyone with only 4 of them in the car.

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks, same you to you and yours! We are planning to break the trip over two days, so hopefully that will help.

Anyone know if free dining has been offered the same day as other fall offers? I'm going on a solo trip so I don't want to jump on free dining if there is a better offer for Room only.

Enjoy your trip!

Our drive is 14 hours which makes us all grumble but we deal with it just fine. We've never had a tv in the car but we have used portable DVD players, coloring books, mobile devices in the past. We make it okay. Last trip we decided to stay overnight in Atlanta and that helped break up the trip into two 6-8 hour segments. We drive back straight through and that was brutal for me. Most of it was overnight due to traffic and rain and my husband can't see very well in the dark so it was me driving for like 10 hours from 9pm to 8am with a break to rest about 2 hours from home.

Disney is a food vacation for our family--we rarely ever dine out due to 3 of 4 of us have celiac disease. But at WDW, we have no worries, and it is sooooooo nice. Good luck to you and you to you and your little one too, Meldev!

Wow, I didn't know that celiac disease runs in families. Good luck to you and yours as well! And have fun on your food vacation :)

There are typically plenty of rooms at Pop for the GP offer. You shouldn't have any trouble as long as your dates qualify.

I certainly hope so. This is our first Disney trip in four years and my girlfriend requested that I keep it as inexpensive as possible.

Anyone going in late August and hoping FD might be offered then? Starting to get worried since folks are talking about October. :sad1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter