Free dining coming back!

I just called my AAA agent and left a message for her to call me ASAP. I can't remember if they are even open on Sat. Here's hoping they are.

I think that the free dining is going to be a better deal in the end for us a family of 5 even though we are staying at the Contemporary. We were only saving about $200 going w/AAA anyway. I will pay that to save more, but I won't know exactly how much until my agent calls me to figure all of this out!

NOW - I just gotta get moving on making my ADR - tomorrow is my day to call. I just have to figure out how to get to church AND do my reservations!??!

So, if you use a AAA discount on a room, you don't get free dining? Its either one or the other? And to get dining you have to buy at least one day park tickets, right? What if you have days left on a previous ticket?

Marsha

torinsmom said:
So, if you use a AAA discount on a room, you don't get free dining? Its either one or the other?
The way it was last year, free dining was offered with packages priced at the rack rates. You couldn't combine (general) discounts like AAA discounts and free dining. If you have d

And to get dining you have to buy at least one day park tickets, right? What if you have days left on a previous ticket?
You can save the extra days on previous tickets for a future visit.

I'm so excited about saving a couple hundred dollars on my 3 night stay for my DH and myself. We are going August 24-27th and was really hoping for this to come back during our time, I'll start making ADR's right now since we will definitely need them. Thank you Disney! :thumbsup2

p.s. sorry...if the dining is free, we need to leave the gratuity, correct? Can someone clarify please?

Also..does it work like the paying plan? 1 CS/1 TS, Snack p/p per day?

Lorix2 said:
p.s. sorry...if the dining is free, we need to leave the gratuity, correct? Can someone clarify please?

Also..does it work like the paying plan? 1 CS/1 TS, Snack p/p per day?

The dining plan includes tax and an 18% gratuity. :cool1:

Last year, free dining included the gratuity.

This better all not be an April Fool's Joke, lol. I've emailed quite a few friends already. :)

It does seem right, doesn't it? However, the dining plan normally includes gratuities, so there really is no obligation to do so.

what do you have to do in order to get the free dining?
I was planning to go Sept 29th til Oct11th, and I dont think i can really change my dates due to other family commitments.

Thank you InstImpres and Bicker :)

Melrosegirl - wouldn't that be terrible! But I don't think so, it's right on the front page of Mousesavers.com this morning :teeth:

We are leaving WDW on August 12, and unfortunately cannot change our dates....
Oh well, we are staying at Fort Wilderness and I don't think that they are included any way.....

So anyone book yet? I'm on the phone! :cool1:

edited to add... I just got off the phone.

I am going August 25 - 30 for 5 nights, 1 adult, 1 child/adult (she's 10 then) and one child. Staying at All Star Movies and I bought 1 day park hopper and the total is $834.98. (I have APs)

I was honest and told him my older DD will be 10 then because his first quote was with her still being 9. He had us in the computer already from previous trips and wasn't even going to ask their ages since they were in the computer. The difference was only $11 so I'm very glad I was honest and corrected him. Now my DD can eat off the adult menu!

My DH is going to kill me! :blush:

Ps...he DID ask for the code to book it: YWL and he DID ask if I had the Disney Visa.

He said many people have called already...he's been in since 7:00a.

Only Disney Visa Cardholders can order the free dining today. The general public will be able to order it on 4/4/2006

ok we are already booked and paid in full for the first week of september with dining. Now the free dining comes out. Can i and how do i get the free dining? I plan to call WDW asap on the 4th but just wanted to get some idea what to expect. Will i have to cancel and rebook? ( i hope not but will if that is needed) there are 8 of us; so free dining will be a nice chunk to get back. thanks. :Pinkbounc :woohoo: :banana:

We just booked for the last week in September. 2 Adults, 3 children (although one is an infant) staying at the POFC and it was 1326.00

:banana: I booked Pop Century preferred room for 9/30-10/6 and got the free dining plan for the whole stay for $1442 for 3 adults. VERY EXCITED :banana:

:furious: We will be down there August 7th through the 13th for our wedding and honeymoon. We just added the package and between the two of us it costs $500. I sure wish we could have that 500 bucks back. I heard on another thread that they can extend it for 10 days...wonder if they can go backwards 10 days...hmm... :sad2:

I am so excited about this! :Pinkbounc DH had called on Monday and booked a trip for me for my 30th birthday. We did not do the dining plan b/c we thought we would just do one really nice meal for my birthday and do counter service the rest of the time. After seeing the thread last night about free dining, I called this morning (at 7 a.m.. . .not that I'm anal or anything!). We got it switched over, and we are booked with the free dining! I can't wait! :woohoo:

Thanks, DIS'ers, for always having the most up-to-the-minute info! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter