Free dining coming back!

Unless they extend it, it looks like we'll be paying for it this year(we got it free last year)..oh well....maybe the crowds won't be so bad. I think its great for all you people who couldn't take advantage of it last year. We saved lots o bucks.... :)

oh my god this will allow me to take my mom's foster kids to disney i have been trying to figure out how to manage it this summer and this will allow me to.

twinsmamma said:
oh my god this will allow me to take my mom's foster kids to disney i have been trying to figure out how to manage it this summer and this will allow me to.

Now that is great news! They will love it. Good luck and book as soon as you can so you can get the deal!

This will actually allow me to eat this trip :) With the Australian Dollar dropping like a lead balloon right now, I was dreading how much food was going to cost me for this holiday... How much do I love Disney right now :D

Hmmm I'm a Disney Visa cardholder and I was toying with the idea of going to WDW at the end of August...hmmmm. Will this be enough to push me over the edge???? It definitely gives me something to think about.

Does anyone know if you book this through Disney or do you go though the credit card? If this is true, looks like I'll be returning the last week of August, just like last year :thumbsup2

We have aps. Is there any way to get into this special since we alrady have tickets? :confused3

Oh boy. Now I have to make a choice. We are supposed to go in Dec, but the free dining will save so much money. I'm worried about hurricane season!

Since we do not have the credit card will we be able to book on the next date? it didn't list Labor Day as a blackout...is it included? :confused3

Pluto's Honey said:
Since we do not have the credit card will we be able to book on the next date? it didn't list Labor Day as a blackout...is it included? :confused3

It says general public can book on April 4th. And they generally never list blackout dates. You'll just have to call and find out.

NO way! So I am going down 9-29 to 10-05. Does that mean I can get free dining the entire time or just the first 2 days? I am already booked through AAA. Wonder what I have to do?

Too much to think about since I have to make ADR's and get tickets to MNSSHP tomorrow!!

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

Musicwoman - it is good for check ins up to and including 9/30 and is for a max of 10 days, so yes you could use it.

happypooh - if you have booked the hotel only through a TA then they can change this over to the package for you as long as park tickets are added into the package. Wouldn't think DVC rentals would apply, sorry.

Oh thank goodness it starts the week after I get there! Restaurants were crazy last year when I was there. (I'm DVC, so no free dining for me.) Seriously I would have considered changing my trip plans had this free dining thing been offered the first week of August.

Since paying rack rate is required part of the offer, I don't see how DVC members staying on points could qualify.

Right. Free dining is only *free* b/c it's offered to those willing to pay rack rate. (It's a great deal if you are staying at the values or moderates, IMO. If you normally stay at a deluxe - where you could usually get $100 off a deluxe room knowing a code - free dining just ends up having you break even - Generally speaking, family of 3 or 4.)

DVC members don't pay rack rate, so we can't get free dining.

Free dining is a great plan especially for those who would normally just book a trip that time of year and know nothing about codes, LOL. I traveled with friends last year - their first trip to Disney - and they enjoyed the free dining a lot. Of course, they had to choose b/w the free dining or basically $90 off their AKL room (it was one code or the other) and they chose free dining. Worked out well for them.

Last year free dining was offered instead of code discounts. When I went the AP discount on deluxe rooms was only $70 or 75 so the free dining was good for even 2 adults.

You might be talking about a CM or FL discount.

Melrosgirl said:
a trip that time of year and know nothing about codes, LOL. I traveled with friends last year - their first trip to Disney - and they enjoyed the free dining a lot. Of course, they had to choose b/w the free dining or basically $90 off their AKL room (it was one code or the other) and they chose free dining. Worked out well for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter