Free Dining 8/26-9/22-Anyone Else Hear This?

All I have to say is UGGH! I got the 40% card in the mail and I couldn't use it since the dates were from 8/21 - 10/6. If the dates hold true for 8/26 - 9/22 once again I wouldn't be eligible since we are arriving on 8/17.

We are going no matter what so I am glad I down sized to POR from WL and got the AAA discount. I was hoping to upgrade if I was eligible for free dining.

Us too! Had the pin but dates didn't work. I didn't do too well in selecting dates this year. I have 4 trips planned and none of them were within the pin code dates. Aug. 15-24.

Oh, PLEASE tell me those dates aren't all!! I need earlier in August too. :(

I guess I can still hope...:confused3

Free dining may return
We ain't guaranteeing anything. If we were the wagering type, however, we'd bet that free dining will be returning for travel dates 8/26 through 9/22, if booked 4/12 through 6/24. As always, those dates are subject to change.
Posted 2007-03-15

copied and pasted from that site.

:sad1: :sad: :sad: :sad:

It sucks to be a teacher right now

Interesting set of dates... it sounds like they are well aware of the fact that schools are starting later this year, thus the reason for the 8/26 check in date. Also, the end date is a week earlier which would eliminate most people who are trying to use free dining in conjunction with F&W fest.....

I have my fingers crossed for you guys that it works!! I am even more glad that I got the 40% now since we arrive on 8/25 and would have needed to do a split ressie to get free dining for part of the trip.

Best of luck!

If this is true, then I will just have to have to spend 2 more days in WDW since we are currently scheduled to leave on Sept 24th -oh the torture :lmao:

I was hoping for earlier in August too. Oh well it's nice to know not to put too much more hope into it. Now to gear up for a trip offsite next May when the weather is better and figure out where to go for this summer then since it won't be Disney. Glad I didn't book in hopes of it happening then it would be a pain to cancel everything not to mention the money being tied up. Thanks for posting this.

Ang

YEAH :cool1: I really hope you guys are right! We leave on Sept. 18, but if not we still got a good room discount. We would just prefer free dinning. Good luck to everyone with earlier dates, I hope they were just speculating on the dates.

So is ***************** the only place that has any kind of info about the Free Dining Offer? Let us know if you find more! :goodvibes

same here, we arrive on the 8/13 and already have CHEAP air line tickets so no changing (and with kids in college really couldn't go later).
I am hoping your wrong...I wish/need it to start on 8/13...

I'm wondering......
I called a couple of days ago to check on a package for the first of Sept. - as usual I was trying to find a discount (as usual no discount for me:sad2: )
Anyways the CM told me more than once , 3X to be exact, to call back the middle of April - Could it be since the deal becomes avail. 04/16???
Here's hoping!:yay:

AHHHHH! :scared1: AHHHHH! :scared1: (Had to get that out). Thank God for plan B that we set in motion the other day or I would be crying (look at our ticker). School starting later meaning after Labor day, is that what is is? Our original plans were for the end of September but we booked from the 1-9 after we got a discount just in case. Like everyone else, we would prefer the free dining.

Lets all take a deep breath and hope for a little pixie dust for everyone who has been waiting, praying and planning.

Does this mean that if i already have my vacation booked and this offer does come out that i will not be eligible for it since it sounds like you have to book between the dates of 4/12 through 6/24, or would i be able to just get it added on to my booked package already...that is if this turns out to be true.

Does anyone know how that will work. We are scheduled to arrive on the 26th anyway, but I'd love to get the free dining. :cool1:

Does anyone know how that will work. We are scheduled to arrive on the 26th anyway, but I'd love to get the free dining. :cool1:

You would have to arrive on at least the last day of the offer (9/22) in order to have free dining for your trip.:cool1:

I am now completely freaking out and calling to make ADRs . . . I can always cancel them if I have to. We're planning to be there 8/29 - 9/2 (I don't have a ticker because it's a secret and my son might see the ticker over my shoulder if I'm not careful!).

IF true (big emphasis on the IF), it sounds like over the last couple of years their promotions have managed to narrow the window of their early fall "slow time." Good for them, bad for those of us with kids in school and those who like to use free dining at F&W. We were (are, think positive!) planning to come down for two weeks, departing August 25, but only if there's free dining. If not, we'll likely do something else (cruise, all-inclusive resort) or maybe come in December or next year.

Actually, the thing that bums me out the most about this rumor are the release dates--I was hoping to know something in the next couple of weeks, not a month from now!

We are in GA and my kiddos start school on July 30th! We are arriving on 9/27. They have their fall break during the week we will be there. I hope the dates ARE subject to change. :sad2:

Denise

Like Rustysmom, we already have reservations starting the 26th, ours happens to be room only. If they do come out with this offer, can I call and just "convert" my reservation to a package and get the free dining?

Thanks!

IF true (big emphasis on the IF), it sounds like over the last couple of years their promotions have managed to narrow the window of their early fall "slow time." Good for them, bad for those of us with kids in school and those who like to use free dining at F&W. We were (are, think positive!) planning to come down for two weeks, departing August 25, but only if there's free dining. If not, we'll likely do something else (cruise, all-inclusive resort) or maybe come in December or next year.

Actually, the thing that bums me out the most about this rumor are the release dates--I was hoping to know something in the next couple of weeks, not a month from now!

You need to remember a bunch of us already got free dining starting August 5 going to Sept. 28 during the bounceback program, plus there was a 40% off code that a lot of people got.
They only need to pick the weeks that are not full, which I guess are not too many.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest