Free dining 2014

Been on hold 89 min. Connected with in first 20 sec of them opening and still no live person. :confused3

1 hour 15 minutes on hold, 6 minutes on with CM to change from POR-Royal room to Pop Century STD room with upgrade to DP from QS for 12/13/2014-12/17/2014. Refund of $1135! :cheer2: Already showing it updated on My Disney Experience. My 2 favorite things... Christmas and Disney. What could be better. Only time of the year I have not been there. So excited.

So I've been on the site trying to book at pop for free dining. I want to upgrade to the deluxe from the QS. Every time I tried to go to that page it kept saying server was down. The only time I could continue was when I just went straight to check out. So I did and left the QS. On. Can I just call later to upgrade to the deluxe or does it have to be done at the time of booking?

sasra_nu said:
We are looking to stay at a Value with free dining. I realize everyone who's been waiting for this is booking today if they haven't already, but do you think I am okay to wait a week or 2 to book? Literally closing on a house tomorrow, need to get DH to nail down dates with me, and also waiting on my mom to let me know when she is going to be there. Anyone recall how fast the FD-allotted rooms (esp Values - ASMu or Pop?) went in previous years?

I'm wondering the same. How quickly has Pop sold out in previous years? We have a reservation for Pop already, just hoping to add free dining on instead of paying for it!

So I've been on the site trying to book at pop for free dining. I want to upgrade to the deluxe from the QS. Every time I tried to go to that page it kept saying server was down. The only time I could continue was when I just went straight to check out. So I did and left the QS. On. Can I just call later to upgrade to the deluxe or does it have to be done at the time of booking?

You can always upgrade... (unless within 2 weeks of the reservation, then you can still upgrade, but they charge a $15 processing fee)The important thing is that you get the room with the free dining because they only allow so many, so if you get the pop room with free dining reserved, you can call and upgrade later. They will always take more of your money. :rotfl2:

The server keeps crashing both on my desktop and my iphone when I try to upgrade dining plans as well. I just booked 2 connecting rooms online at the Pop and kept it as QS.. I figured I had better just get the reservation in for rooms and FD and I can call to upgrade it in a few days when things die down on the phone lines. From what I can tell, it only costs $50 to change your reservation if it's 44 days or less away.

SO SO Excited!! Yeah! :cool1:

That's just an example. You need at least 3 nights stay and 2 days of tickets.

I tried to book a 3 night stay at Pop and AOA and it said no availability for either. When I changed it to 6 nights both were available. So I'm thinking they must have changed the offer. :confused3:

I tried to book a 3 night stay at Pop and AOA and it said no availability for either. When I changed it to 6 nights both were available. So I'm thinking they must have changed the offer. :confused3:

Nope, I just booked for 4 nights at Pop. Even the CM I was speaking took had to wait on her computer. Most of the time I spent speaking to her was waiting on the computer to process the change.

The server keeps crashing both on my desktop and my iphone when I try to upgrade dining plans as well. I just booked 2 connecting rooms online at the Pop and kept it as QS.. I figured I had better just get the reservation in for rooms and FD and I can call to upgrade it in a few days when things die down on the phone lines. From what I can tell, it only costs $50 to change your reservation if it's 44 days or less away.

SO SO Excited!! Yeah! :cool1:

I was told by my CM that the 45 day change guideline causing the $50 fee was only if you made a change that caused a decrease in your package. It would not be charged if there was an increase. Only the $15 processing fee if with in 2 weeks and that was for any change because they would already have your packet ready by then and would have to re-do everything regardless.

missdorado26 said:

Thanks for the tip! I just did the same to secure the reservation. ..can upgrade later!

I was told by my CM that the 45 day change guideline causing the $50 fee was only if you made a change that caused a decrease in your package. It would not be charged if there was an increase. Only the $15 processing fee if with in 2 weeks and that was for any change because they would already have your packet ready by then and would have to re-do everything regardless.

Yes typically if you are upgrading they don't charge the change fee.

Not sure which resort we want to do. Can I do 2 separate reservations and pay the 200 deposit and then when we decide cancel one. Will I get the total 200 back?

bonjoe07 said:
I don't see a link for the free dining on their website!

It's there! Third one down. Something like "it's delicious and it's free" on the "explore special offers" page

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but most of October is excluded for free dining. There are blackout dates from Oct 4-25, so even if you are checking in on the 3rd, like we were planning on doing, the rest of the trip is excluded. Other blackout dates are Nov. 2-8, and Nov. 21-Dec. 11. :/ (I am hoping maybe the lady I talked with is wrong.)

wdwokie said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but most of October is excluded for free dining. There are blackout dates from Oct 4-25, so even if you are checking in on the 3rd, like we were planning on doing, the rest of the trip is excluded. Other blackout dates are Nov. 2-8, and Nov. 21-Dec. 11. :/ (I am hoping maybe the lady I talked with is wrong.)

The lady you spoke to IS wrong. I booked today October 3-11 and have free dining for my whole trip. As long as you check in during free dining time you get it for you duration of your trip. :)

The lady you spoke to IS wrong. I booked today October 3-11 and have free dining for my whole trip. As long as you check in during free dining time you get it for you duration of your trip. :)

That's great news! Too bad I was on hold for 1.5 hours to speak with this lady that had no idea!!! Guess I'll call back. Thank you.

wdwokie said:
That's great news! Too bad I was on hold for 1.5 hours to speak with this lady that had no idea!!! Guess I'll call back. Thank you.

Argh! Sorry that happened! But at least she was wrong...don't understand how CMs can be so misinformed!

We are looking to stay at a Value with free dining. I realize everyone who's been waiting for this is booking today if they haven't already, but do you think I am okay to wait a week or 2 to book? Literally closing on a house tomorrow, need to get DH to nail down dates with me, and also waiting on my mom to let me know when she is going to be there. Anyone recall how fast the FD-allotted rooms (esp Values - ASMu or Pop?) went in previous years? P.S. I know my siggy says Jan 2015 but we are worried we'll miss Splash Mtn if we wait till Jan ;)
Last year we booked our trip July 31 on the last day of the free dining deal and were able to get two rooms! With the exclusion of POR it may go quicker this year, but it's hard to say! Good luck!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter