Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

black562

DIS Veteran
We will keep this thread strictly business and discuss free dining, questions, resorts everyone is able to book, what's excluded, what's included, how much everyone saved.

The "and a whole lot more" part of the discussion will continue in the "free dining anonymous" thread, which you can find here:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3261627

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Free Dining for 2014 is a go.

The promo will be released to the public on Wednesday, May 7. Disney Visa holders may get an early shot May 2nd.

The dates included are:
August 31 - October 3
October 26 - November 1
November 9 - November 20
December 12 - December 23

Disney Value Resorts ~ Quick Service Dining Plan Included

This can be upgraded to regular plan for $18.65 per person per day ($3.20 for children).

All-Star Music Resort
All-Star Sports Resort
Art of Animation (Family Suites)
Pop Century Resort

Moderate Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included

Carribean Beach Resort
Coronado Springs Resort

Deluxe Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included

Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
BoardWalk Inn
Contemporary Resort
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Polynesian Resort
Wilderness Lodge

Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included

Bay Lake Tower
Animal Kingdom Villas
Beach Club Villas
BoardWalk Villas
Old Key West Resort
Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Villas at Disneys Wilderness Lodge
Fort Wilderness Cabins

Some resorts are excluded, such as All Star Movies, Mermaid Rooms at Art of Animation, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, Campsites at Ft. Wilderness, and 3-bedroom villas, and Villas at The Grand Floridian. A 3 night minimum stay (14 night maximum) and two day minimum park ticket is required for each person in the party.

As I've said time and time again, if you want Free Dining, DO NOT book your room before the day it's released. Disney gives Free Dining to fill rooms and if rooms are booked, then it's less likely it will be offered. Booking up resorts is also a good way for that particular resort to be excluded, as we saw in last Fall's Free Dining when an unprecedented number of resorts were not included on the promo. Additionally, the website often opens before the phone lines on release day. The only way to modify an existing reservation is by phone, which means online (new) bookings are getting a head start on rooms you may want.

Let the discussion commence!!!

Any chance tomorrow morning will be open for DVC members? Just want to know if I need to set my alarm :rotfl:

Can't wait. Planning to travel Aug 31-Sept 6. Wishing for FD. We are completely open to where we stay.

Any chance tomorrow morning will be open for DVC members? Just want to know if I need to set my alarm :rotfl:

DVC is the acronym for Disney Vacation Club. ;) I believe there were a few people who volunteered to call in the morning. You can just check here to see if anything has gone live.

Oops! I meant Disney Visa Card --- this is why we don't abbreviate in the medical world anymore!
I guess I will be up calling, just in case!

Checking in on the new board and anxiously awaiting the drop of Free Dining for September (travelling Sept 14th-23rd)! We want POR as our first choice, but we're trying to line up second and third options, just in case! :surfweb:

Woo hoo hi everybody, we Re from Cape Town, South Africa, super excited to learn that our chances for FD is pretty good. We are flexible from 9/15 to 10/3 so are anxiously waiting and checking the boards for what Black says: the board will light up like a Christmas tree :) also it's dd and ds first trip they are 10 and 12. Are there any must do's I should include? In total we will be in Disney world for 12 days, will the water parks be open during September? We want to include a day trip to legoland, Ripleys etc... But not sure on transport options. Anyone who can give tips or advice is welcome. Hugs for Disney

I have been waiting so patiently need something to look forward to after this busy season!!:banana:

Following! Curious to see how far they will extend FD into... praying for December but know that will probably come later :worship: Thanks Black for all you do :worship:

Woo hoo hi everybody, we Re from Cape Town, South Africa, super excited to learn that our chances for FD is pretty good. We are flexible from 9/15 to 10/3 so are anxiously waiting and checking the boards for what Black says: the board will light up like a Christmas tree :) also it's dd and ds first trip they are 10 and 12. Are there any must do's I should include? In total we will be in Disney world for 12 days, will the water parks be open during September? We want to include a day trip to legoland, Ripleys etc... But not sure on transport options. Anyone who can give tips or advice is welcome. Hugs for Disney

Welcome!!!!! We love both of Disneys water parks, we think Typhoon Lagoon is the best:). I would recommend MMSSHP ( Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party), the kids would love it and the parade is the best on property.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Would love free dining for November ! I've had free dining my last 7 visits.......you kinda get used to it. We tell ourselves every year that this will be the last time

Thanks for the new thread!

Question: Got approved last night for our Disney Visa but on the last screen it just said congratulations and you'll receive your card in 7-10 days, didn't give the card number or anything. I thought maybe it would come in an email....as of 3am, nope.

So can I call this morning? I'm assuming they open after 7am though, ugh....it'll probably happen today because I'm not prepared lol! Everyone can thank me later lol!

Would love to know if any PINs for free dining are being sent out yet. I've been on the losing end of those for two years now........But, everyone else I know received one last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!