• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining 2014 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great idea to be armed and ready to go! :thumbsup2 Is this the number we call, just the reservation line? 407-939-1936? Are there any tips to bypass a pre-recording to get to a CM? :confused3 TIA!! Getting antsy and excited! :cool1::cool1:
I called 1-407-939-5277 it didn't take long at all to get thru the automated part & the CM was very pleasant.

We're going in Sept either way and are already booked at POR. What number do we call to add FD if it is announced for our dates? Thank you.
I called the main line, 1-407-939-5277. It was quick to get thru the automated part & get a CM. Some of the more experienced members might have a better number to call??

FYI - The Intro to Disney with Free Memory Maker Offer is for travel August 15 through September 30. Booking ends on April 20.

please oh please let the FD dates cover all of September like the MM:goodvibes

Thank you Black for another great thread! :thumbsup2 and thank you all for already trying this morning to see if FD is available! I also called and got the same info, no FD offers yet!, and then when I tried to log in to my computer at home to post here and let all my Disboard friends know, my computer was doing updates :worried: so I waited and waited:surfweb: but it was still updating when I had to leave for work and I had to wait to get to work to log in :( Good thing y'all didn't have to depend on me:rotfl:

If anyone saw my post yesterday on the original forum, I am waiting for a call from a Disney Visa manager that is suppose to be contacting their Disney rep to see if there is a promo coming (loooong story) but IF she calls me back (not holding my breath:headache:) I will post it here so we can all be ready to go!!!

So if we find out there is free dining and we already have a room reservation, do we just call and say we want to add the free dining? Do we have to add park tickets too, or not?

So if we find out there is free dining and we already have a room reservation, do we just call and say we want to add the free dining? Do we have to add park tickets too, or not?

If you are booked with a room only reservation, you will have to call. If there is availability at your resort for free dining, they will cancel your room only reservation and book you as a package with tickets. You must purchase a minimum 2 day base ticket for everyone on the reservation (age 3 and up) as part of the package. If free dining is not at available at your resort you have the option to switch resorts or decline the offer, so make sure they check availability before cancelling your room. Room only reservations and package reservations are two separate systems. They will refund you your initial deposit, and you will be charged a new $200 deposit for your package.

Yeah, is it sad that I had a hard time sleeping last night in anticipation of the possibility of FD this morning? This is a sickness . . . :eek:

Thanks for the new thread! Question: Got approved last night for our Disney Visa but on the last screen it just said congratulations and you'll receive your card in 7-10 days, didn't give the card number or anything. I thought maybe it would come in an email....as of 3am, nope. So can I call this morning? I'm assuming they open after 7am though, ugh....it'll probably happen today because I'm not prepared lol! Everyone can thank me later lol!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but... I applied for my card in a disney store and was approved. I was able to use it for that purchase but then I could not use it again until I had the card in hand. I was approved on a Saturday and wanted to book my vacation the following Thursday. It hadn't arrived by Thursday so I called the card to find out if there was any way for me to use it prior to having it in hand and of course due to security reasons they could not. She did tell me it had mailed out on Tuesday and I ended up receiving it in the mail on Saturday (exactly one week after approved). AND another word of caution! I called to verify the card was received and to activate it. I used it to pay the deposit for my vacation that night with no problem. The next time I tried to use it was that Mon on the phone with Disney as I made my ADRs. It was fine as a guarantee for reservations, but CRT required full payment and it would not go through. It kept being declined. Of course I didn't want to lose the reservation, so I gave them a different card. When I hung up I had to call chase/ disney visa and there was some sort of security block on it where I just had to answer a few different multiple choice questions about previous addresses, previous college experience, mothers maiden name and I think previous company my car had been financed through. Once I did that the lady said the flag had been removed from my account. I let her know how frustrating that was because I had applied for the card specifically to be used for a disney vacation to start earning reward dollars and I was trying to use it to book an ADR at Disney (!) and it had been declined. I told her I was second guessing having even chosen to get the card. She was nice and let me vent and in the end it's done now, but just be forewarned that if you get a decline it's some type of security flag.

Joining in the wait. We have our flights booked on points with SW, but not sure if we'll go if FD isn't offered. We're headed down for an 11 day trip with our 2 boys in May, but want to have our first adults only fall trip. Our biggest obstacle is a dog sitter for our spoiled rotten dog. :rolleyes1 Thanks to Joe and all who keep us in the loop!

Our group will probably be 2A, 2C for Ft.Wilderness Cabins (son's family) and 2-3A for moderate/value (me, my sister and niece). We planned to book these 2 on the same reservation.

We are not sure of the exact dates (will be in Charlotte for the Panther-Browns game and that schedule is not out yet - will be out Apr 17, I think), and can shift dates a bit to take advantage of FD.We are hoping for the end of October and looking forward to MNSSHP. We are prepared to take the grand children(9 & 5 yrs old) out of school, no matter the dates.

It makes sense to wait until the announcement of FD before booking (better chance of FD being offered)
Here is the fly in the ointment.:
If FD dates for October do not come out until July or August - that only gives us 2-3 months to book (not the 4 - 5 you would get for Nov/Dec).
My sister, niece and I could easily book with any mod or value, so for us it would not be much of a problem, I think.
My son and family's needs are a bit more specific and he has to give notice of leave well in advance.

I know we should wait to book for the best chance to get FD. But wondering about when to book the Cabins.

I know this is not written in stone, what are the potential dates for the announcements for October FD.
Should we wait to book for the Cabins?

Thanking you in advance,
-Kate

Another one praying for FD for end of Oct. Praying to get our first choice PoP, and looking into Mod for 2nd and 3rd choice. pixiedust::)

Thanks for the new thread!

Question: Got approved last night for our Disney Visa but on the last screen it just said congratulations and you'll receive your card in 7-10 days, didn't give the card number or anything. I thought maybe it would come in an email....as of 3am, nope.

So can I call this morning? I'm assuming they open after 7am though, ugh....it'll probably happen today because I'm not prepared lol! Everyone can thank me later lol!

I just got approved for one on Monday, so I'm patiently waiting for mine to come in the mail as well. I really hope it arrives in time.

Would be really nice if I could get free dining now and not have to wait for the second round to come out. This is our first trip, so I'm learning a lot from these boards and wish I had read everything before booking. Hopefully we'll be able to return to Disney World and if we are, I will be well prepared. Unless they change everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter