Free Dining 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
kcwiak said:
I have never received a pin! Should I call and check every address we have had??

I checked under our old address bc that's where we lived last time my husband was the main person booking. Had one there.

jska482 said:
Quick tornado info: I live in SW MO about 2 hrs from the OK state line. Joplin MO is about 20 min from OK, and got hit in 2011 with 160 lost lives. I pray every time a tornado risk arises that we'll be spared. I feel so disheartened to hear those innocent children were subjected to such awful circumstances! Thank you all for your kind words.

Praying all morning. Woke up to the news and just heart broken. Jumped on here for a little good news seeing people active and others being ok.

Just a side note here. If any of you are in Oklahoma, I hope you're all alright. The images are unreal.

In Holly Springs, NC here. I hear the news about the tornado in OK on my way to work. When I heard that at least 20 children had died in the storm, I cried. There was a really bad tornado that passed through my area a couple years ago. It left a trail of devastation for miles. I was very blessed that it moved across the street & into the woods when it passed by my neighborhood. It went back across the street shortly after that.
My thoughts & prayers go out to the people in OK.

In Holly Springs, NC here. I hear the news about the tornado in OK on my way to work. When I heard that at least 20 children had died in the storm, I cried. There was a really bad tornado that passed through my area a couple years ago. It left a trail of devastation for miles. I was very blessed that it moved across the street & into the woods when it passed by my neighborhood. It went back across the street shortly after that.
My thoughts & prayers go out to the people in OK.

Sylkie, that storm you reference (April 16, 2011) wiped out my son's school (Greene County Middle School) and lots of homes and businesses in our county. The hallways of the school (where the children would have been) became like wind tunnels sucking books, desks, chairs, lockers and most everything else out ~ those items were found miles away from the school. Although my son is now in high school, the middle school students are still in mobile units ~ hope to have the new school completed for students and staff when school starts back this fall. Thankfully, that storm came through on a Saturday. If it had been during the week, our story would have had a much different ending ~ my son would have likely been on the baseball field as that was the time for his PE class/baseball practice. The field house (where they likely would have taken shelter) was completely flattened and we never found most of his and his teammate's baseball equipment. When I saw the news about the school in OK last night I broke down in tears ~ this could have been our story but I'm so thankful it wasn't. My prayers go out to all that are suffering in OK but especially to those parents who lost children ~ I cannot begin to imagine their pain!

Sylkie, that storm you reference (April 16, 2011) wiped out my son's school (Greene County Middle School) and lots of homes and businesses in our county. The hallways of the school (where the children would have been) became like wind tunnels sucking books, desks, chairs, lockers and most everything else out ~ those items were found miles away from the school. Although my son is now in high school, the middle school students are still in mobile units ~ hope to have the new school completed for students and staff when school starts back this fall. Thankfully, that storm came through on a Saturday. If it had been during the week, our story would have had a much different ending ~ my son would have likely been on the baseball field as that was the time for his PE class/baseball practice. The field house (where they likely would have taken shelter) was completely flattened and we never found most of his and his teammate's baseball equipment. When I saw the news about the school in OK last night I broke down in tears ~ this could have been our story but I'm so thankful it wasn't. My prayers go out to all that are suffering in OK but especially to those parents who lost children ~ I cannot begin to imagine their pain!
Wow - before reading your post, TH Mom, I hadn't really thought about how much worse the tornado that came through our area could have been if it had come through a day or 2 before it did. I can hardly imagine what those parents must be going through now - not only those that are suffering the loss of their child, but also those who have yet to find any that are missing.

Wow - before reading your post, TH Mom, I hadn't really thought about how much worse the tornado that came through our area could have been if it had come through a day or 2 before it did. I can hardly imagine what those parents must be going through now - not only those that are suffering the loss of their child, but also those who have yet to find any that are missing.

My heart aches for them ~ I gave my three kids an extra hug this morning.

There's no risk. Cheshire Figment (who wrote the ticket sticky on the Theme Park Attractions and Strategies board) is a CM who works in ticketing and he's says that you can most definitely do it.

Doesn't matter now! I called and there actually was a PIN associated with my mom's name for FD who happens to be going with us! What a huge blessing. And the CM was the nicest person I've ever talked to on the phone. She was just as excited for me as I was.

Doesn't matter now! I called and there actually was a PIN associated with my mom's name for FD who happens to be going with us! What a huge blessing. And the CM was the nicest person I've ever talked to on the phone. She was just as excited for me as I was.

Awesome - glad you were able to get the FD. :thumbsup2 :cheer2:

:cheer2::cool1::cheer2::cool1::cheer2::cool1::cheer2:

CELEBRATING WITH YOU!!!

Some of you stated that when you thought you had booked your Free Dining package, but had only a room only discount applied. THANK YOU:worship:for sharing that!!! I went over my numbers and they did not add up. Guess what?
They only had me under a room only discount!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: They are in the process of fixing this as we speak!

I am thinking that on that crazy morning of May 6, the CM's did not realize there were two different codes? I mean what are the chances of this happening to this many of us? My TA did my booking and she said that Disney has on record that she made this change at 7:17 am on the 6th and that the whole conversation was about Free Dining. She had not received a detailed statement from them yet either, so glad she called today.

I am totally and utterly irritated and I don't know where else to vent. We booked our package with a TA a couple of months ago for 8/31 - 9/8. When Free Dining came out we had our TA change our reservation to a room only for 8/31 - 9/2 and then the package from 9/2 - 9/8.

I have not received a confirmation via email regarding our package details and the Disney website reflects two room reservations but the second reservation doesn't show any package details - tickets, dining plan, nothing. Asked the TA, she assures me it's correct via email right after booking.

Two weeks later and it's still not showing correctly on Disney's website. I call Disney and they will not give me any information about my reservation because it's owned by the TA. Um, the TA is not paying for any of this I am but they won't even confirm that the details of my reservation are correct and told me to contact my TA, again.

Seriously? I'm not asking for any changes. I'm asking for a confirmation that my package is correct. I'm getting very close to cancelling the entire thing and rebooking it on my own so I can get even basic information at this point. I have never encountered anything so completely ludicrous in all my life.

I am totally and utterly irritated and I don't know where else to vent. We booked our package with a TA a couple of months ago for 8/31 - 9/8. When Free Dining came out we had our TA change our reservation to a room only for 8/31 - 9/2 and then the package from 9/2 - 9/8.

I have not received a confirmation via email regarding our package details and the Disney website reflects two room reservations but the second reservation doesn't show any package details - tickets, dining plan, nothing. Asked the TA, she assures me it's correct via email right after booking.

Two weeks later and it's still not showing correctly on Disney's website. I call Disney and they will not give me any information about my reservation because it's owned by the TA. Um, the TA is not paying for any of this I am but they won't even confirm that the details of my reservation are correct and told me to contact my TA, again.

Seriously? I'm not asking for any changes. I'm asking for a confirmation that my package is correct. I'm getting very close to cancelling the entire thing and rebooking it on my own so I can get even basic information at this point. I have never encountered anything so completely ludicrous in all my life.

I'd defiantly call your TA and have her email you a written confirmation of both packages. Did you book with a certified Disney Travel Agent?

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I will have to watch out for that, if by any chance both FD and room only come out at the same time for the later part of the year too. Glad they are getting it corrected for you.

Totally understand!!! Maybe tell TA that, me and others, had thought they were booking a FD package, but CM's only applied a room only discount. MY TA is in process of fixing this right now for me. She had not received a billing statement from Disney yet with discount applied. If others had not stated the same problem, who knows how long it would have been until we noticed?

I am thinking that on that crazy morning of May 6, the CM's did not realize there were two different codes? I mean what are the chances of this happening to this many of us? My TA did my booking and she said that Disney has on record that she made this change at 7:17 am on the 6th and that the whole conversation was about Free Dining. She had not received a detailed statement from them yet either, so glad she called today.

Was it actually added or di they do the wrong code? I know more than once I have seen the room only put on instead of free dining. Which is really a HUGE mistake on the CM's part. I don't care how crazy it is, it is their job to do it right. And when they quote the price saying it's free dining and it's not ..... is just uncalled for.

Sure did...one that sponsors this board as a matter of fact.

Did you do Free Dining with Disney Visa or GP? If DV, TA will have to directly call WDW to verify your reservation. Explain to her that some CM's that day were applying RO discount when they thought they were doing the FD. If it was during GP, she can look that up online and tell you. If she is not willing to do this, then go above her head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter