FP+ Stay out today!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here now and the computer systems are a mess. We have been told that the bad weather is causing problems. There were even some issues at Mama Melrose trying to pay with wrist bands. Tomorrow is supposed to be raining too...bummer. :(

So their Multi-Million dollar system stops working because of....................

RAIN

attachment.php

Well jeez if bad weather shuts the system down everybody better have their FP+ set before the daily rain showers this summer. :rolleyes1

So what did I miss today? Anything? :rotfl:

So I am to assume that their infrastructure is set up like a satellite dish? Hmmm....

We were at MK this morning (OMG nightmare!!) and we used only 2 of our three FP+. We had trouble with our second one (which we booked a couple days ago), mine was showing up, and my husband's wasn't. He couldn't access MDE at all on his iPhone5. We had to stand in line for a kiosk (ugh!!) and they couldn't find my husband's FP either. Somehow he managed to get it replaced, and our third FP was for Mickey Mouse. At 10:30am we had our third FP+ time for Mickey set for 12:35. We tried to adjust time and there was no other times for Mickey available. Since we are APs and can just come back, and since it was raining, we just left. However, when we get home I cannot cancel the day (to open up another booking day for us to try to get SDMT) under today, it says all of our passes have been used for today (although they weren't) and yet, it is still counting today as one of our 7 days and I absolutely cannot change it, cancel it or anything so I cannot book another day for the future, or even possibly make arrangements for later tonight if the rain blows over. SO frustrating!!!! UGH!!!

Oh. Ok. No problem. I was actually just going to rent a double stroller for all our gear :rotfl:

Perfect! :rotfl: Unless you want to split the price of an ECV? ;)

So their Multi-Million dollar system stops working because of....................

RAIN

attachment.php

:rotfl:

So what did I miss today? Anything? :rotfl:

So I am to assume that their infrastructure is set up like a satellite dish? Hmmm....

You were supposed to hold those 2 wires together. Did you drop them again??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :badpc:

Sorry to hear about the problems you had, Ferd. But thank you for your report from the parks.

Have there been any reports from people in parks other than MK? I'm assuming if MDE is down that all parks and reservations are affected, not just MK :confused3

Here now and the computer systems are a mess. We have been told that the bad weather is causing problems. There were even some issues at Mama Melrose trying to pay with wrist bands. Tomorrow is supposed to be raining too...bummer. :(

Oh no. I can't believe someone told you that! So rain in WDW causes an entire computer system to crash? That's not even possible.

I just got off the phone with IT as I came up as an "oops" when I tried to change some FP+ reservations on my computer here in NY. I could select my DS and DH but not me. CM told me they are going through "magical enhancements" - yes, can you feel the magic, people? - and it should be fixed by the end of the day. He told me to call back tomorrow if I'm still an "oops". Explained my worry that my FP+ were going to disappear. Was told not to worry, they are stored in a separate system. Um, well, based on what I've read on DIS, I have reason to worry. We shall see.

But, yes, I feel badly for the people in the parks today. Trying to deal with this 19 days prior to arriving is one thing, but doing it while touring - doesn't make for a happy day.

Then there are people like me, who just haven't used it yet, so I'm not going to be down on it.

Yes, today is super bad, but I'm just not going to act like I'm surprised that a site crashed when something so huge is released. It happens. It would suck to have it happen on vacation, I agree.

MDE - what can I say? I've booked my trips and ADRs and have had no problems at all. I can just keep my fingers crossed it stays that way.

I see no need to rain on others parades, if they like it, are having a good time or whatever, good for them! :)

Then dont release something so huge, release it in smaller chunks, and dont release free dining the same day etc. Dont overload you own system seems pretty common sense.

I dont want to rain on other's parades or ruin anyone's good time, I am just sick of people saying we are all so mean and the DIS is ruined by our negativity etc when stuff like this happens and we are like seriously this system is a good thing????

CM told me they are going through "magical enhancements" - yes, can you feel the magic, people? - and it should be fixed by the end of the day.

I love this. I will be using this for myself. From now on, whenever I get called out for doing something wrong or not doing something that should have been done, I'm going to explain that my system is undergoing some magical enhancements. Burnt dinner? Oven is undergoing magical enhancements. Error on a document at work? Word processing system is undergoing magical enhancements. Love it!

I went to check mine and I have a lock symbol on my FP+ selections. I am arriving in 8 days and when I hover my mouse over the lock, a message pops up saying I have to wait until July 1 to be able to book FP+.
Well, okay . . . I have to wait days AFTER my trip to book FP+.

That Disney magic, folks.

Luckily, I have what I want. If mine disappear, it won't be the end of the world as I have ridden everything plenty of times. I am looking forward to seeing Illuminations from the center of World Showcase though, rather than from Mexico or France.

Sorry to hear about the problems you had, Ferd. But thank you for your report from the parks. Have there been any reports from people in parks other than MK? I'm assuming if MDE is down that all parks and reservations are affected, not just MK :confused3

We were at DS today and I couldn't access the app on my phone. So I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Still didn't work. Found a CM and she couldn't pull up our account either. Not very happy with FP+, everyday it has been a problem for us. Either by creating longer SB lines for fillers or the IT not working. Decided to leave WDW a day early and head to the island. Sure it's raining there, but no FP+! Little sarcastic there. I wanted to like FP+, loved it last Fall when it was being tested. The real thing is a whole different beast. I'll have to change our touring style to work with it. I just don't know that I can put the genie back in the bottle. I know what the world once was and I don't know if this substitute will work for me. Good luck to everyone else!

I think unless you have a trip in the next 60 days and are trying for a SDMT fp or are there now, I would stay out of the system until it's working again. No sense in clogging things up.

I love this. I will be using this for myself. From now on, whenever I get called out for doing something wrong or not doing something that should have been done, I'm going to explain that my system is undergoing some magical enhancements. Burnt dinner? Oven is undergoing magical enhancements. Error on a document at work? Word processing system is undergoing magical enhancements. Love it!

Laughing so hard! Love this!

I think unless you have a trip in the next 60 days and are trying for a SDMT fp or are there now, I would stay out of the system until it's working again. No sense in clogging things up.

I think so too.

Everyone is logging on "just to see"! :rotfl:

So, since I am a local and decided i want to visit tomorrow, you think I should stay out of the system?

I was able to book Mine Train FP+ for my whole party this morning on the day I wanted to go at the time I wanted to go right after they announced a date, but now it says I have no FP+ selections made. I hope this is just a glitch and they are going to be restored, or else I'm going to cry because I'll have lost my Frozen meet and greet. I did find some good dining reservations, but was unable to book any(booooo!).

I was able to book Mine Train FP+ for my whole party this morning on the day I wanted to go at the time I wanted to go right after they announced a date, but now it says I have no FP+ selections made. I hope this is just a glitch and they are going to be restored, or else I'm going to cry because I'll have lost my Frozen meet and greet. I did find some good dining reservations, but was unable to book any(booooo!).

It's not a glitch. It is a Magical Enhancement ;) Bestowed on all guests via MDE. Pixie Dust for everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter