FP or dining pkg seating better for ROL...

lining up prior to the show as far back as Kali?
While Accident may have witnessed that when he was there, I have not.
Maybe we'll just be prepared to sit in the "horrible Section A." :-)
As I wrote in a earlier post, it's not a bad or horrible section, just not as good as some of the other sections. If that's where you end up, you'll still have a good show.

Noted.
Revisions coming soon.
On the other hand, if you purchase certain services or activities, the term "VIP" may be attached to it so that you do feel like a VIP. Two examples are the marquee on the Express buses and VIP Tour Services.

I may have missed this but is there a 'good' time to line up with a FP? I know earlier is better but when is the line 'starting' (FP says 6:30 ish) and is there any kind of sweet spot where we are there early enough to get a very good seat but not too early? AND can you just go over to Flametree sort of last minute to watch the backside of the show ? We have FP for the first Sunday in March - thinking about trying to catch the backside of the show via FLametree on another day

Newer iteration of the RoL map is up on this thread HERE.

I know that Disney will be making changes (they always do.)

Last edited:
Third iteration of the RoL map is up on this thread HERE.

I know that Disney will be making changes (they always do.)
Please post anything that needs to be added or needs adjusting.

I don't see a dining package entrance..otherwise looks great! (very, very helpful...thanks!)

I don't see a dining package entrance..otherwise looks great! (very, very helpful...thanks!)

I'm going to remove some of the more specific entrance markings until things shake out.

Last edited:

Fastpass enters at section J (there is actually 2 entrances on this side, not sure the different but I assume it's for mobility needs). You line up along the lake away from everest (and they can stretch the line all the way back to kali).

Yes it was reported from quite a few sources over several nights
......... some with photos on twitter that FP+ lines were long.
Some reported lining up over an hour ahead of time in Asia.
With two shows and the FP+ there has been gridlock.
Not sure how you fix it, even with more time between shows,
FP+ folks will still be lined up as previous show exits.

Right now I have FP+ and slightly nervous about this situation,
but I hate to have to buy a meal just to see the show .....
and be on what sounds like the safer side.

This was just a few from last night ...

Mike @ Blog Mickey‏ @Blog_Mickey
Asia side dump for #RiversOfLight was one of the most crowded and dangerous situations we've been in. Terrible job, @WDWToday

Mr. Brian in Orlando‏@MrBrianORL
Holy FP crowds. #RiversOfLight

C5Ee5KgXAAAgCu-.jpg

LaughingPlace.com‏ @laughing_place
Crowds trying to exit first show and queue for second show of #RiversofLight cause full stand still in Asia area of DAK

C46JX2eUoAACuXO.jpg

C46JX2gVMAA2haB.jpg

Disco Yeti‏ @discoyeti
When you leave #RiversOfLight, prepare for our new thrilling attraction, Stampede in the Dark! (No, seriously, it's a problem.)

C46INM-VUAEXkuM.jpg

@Robo just an fyi, I've been to the show twice, both with fp and both I've been there early and we were told to go through the same door that is marked "invited guests" I believe they use this entrance to fill up that entire area and then open the other one to fill up the one furthest away from the center

Thanks for the great map. Maybe I missed it but we will be heading down in May with my dad who will be in a wheelchair. If we do not have a FP or the dining plan, what is the availability for wheelchair guests. We were down last year for the first showing of Jungle Book (without my dad) and the crowds were just completely crazy. No one knew which way to go (include CM's). We did see the show again a few days later and it was still crazy. I am hoping they have this all worked out (but it doesn't look like it from some pictures).

Not sure if we even want to take him into that mess.

Thanks,
Linda

@Robo just an fyi, I've been to the show twice, both with fp and both I've been there early and we were told to go through the same door that is marked "invited guests" I believe they use this entrance to fill up that entire area and then open the other one to fill up the one furthest away from the center
That entrance is not exclusively for that section. They do whatever they need to do to fill the theater, who knows how it will all finally shake out. I'm not even sure that the invited guests section will be a permanent thing.

I'd let things reach equilibrium before specifying exactly what entrance(s) is used. They may never reach a point where a specific entrance is used all the time. The bottom line is that it is the FP section and they may use any of the entrances or combination of entrances in that section. Same for the DP/SB section.

Last edited:
I'd let things reach equilibrium before specifying exactly what entrance(s) is used. They may never reach a point where a specific entrance is used all the time. The bottom line is that it is the FP section and they may use any of the entrances or combination of entrances in that section. Same for the DP/SB section.

I'm going to remove some of the specific entrance markings until things shake out.

Not sure if we even want to take him into that mess.
Keep in mind that currently except for two weeks in April, there is only show each night. The issue of both the exiting and arriving crowds being there at the same time will not exist. However, I suspect that the standby line will be extremely long. As for me, I wouldn't bother. It's a good show, but not that good. Nothing at WDW is worth it.

Yes it was reported from quite a few sources over several nights
......... some with photos on twitter that FP+ lines were long.
Some reported lining up over an hour ahead of time in Asia.
With two shows and the FP+ there has been gridlock.
Not sure how you fix it, even with more time between shows,
FP+ folks will still be lined up as previous show exits.

Right now I have FP+ and slightly nervous about this situation,
but I hate to have to buy a meal just to see the show .....
and be on what sounds like the safer side.

The first show started almost 20 minutes late and more people watched from riverside than in the theater so your seeing 3 theaters worth of people in those pictures. The fastpass line wasn't that long at the time they ended the first show (I was sitting with ice cream waiting for it to get to where I was to jump into it and that worked brilliantly for me.). Being 20 minutes late the show ended 5 minutes after fastpass time started so I think when it's smoother going with the theater that the exiting crowd will disperse before the second line for fastpass starts to form. If anything, they need to delay it another 15 minutes and that might be the answer when pandora is opened unless they are considering 3 shows since there is no pyro to keep reloading.

If you want to do what I did, I arrived next to EE about the time the first show was going to start. sat on the rocks between the EE bar and ice cream truck and waiting for the line to reach the edge of the theater. They load in the theater from the sections closest to center but you enter the line from near section A and they use next to the theater to form the line.

I disagree with this. It's exactly the same places to line up for each type of entrance as it was since jungle book. No matter which door they send you in, your getting into line where the maps says and I described. so they don't run a VIP entrance, it doesn't change where fastpass gets into line. gets into the theater might be wrong wording but "show up here for xxxx" I don't see changing.

I'm going to remove some of the specific entrance markings until things shake out.

It's not changing. They use different doors but it's exactly the same place to get into line that they used in jungle book. Even if there is no VIP or invited guests, it's still the same place to get into line for fastpass and when tehy do have it, it'll most likely be the same place to get into line for those guests..

I think your map is good as is.

It's not changing. They use different doors but it's exactly the same place to get into line that they used in jungle book. Even if there is no VIP or invited guests, it's still the same place to get into line for fastpass and when tehy do have it, it'll most likely be the same place to get into line for those guests..

I think your map is good as is.

I'll keep "Standby" and "FastPass" entrances in until further notice.

I'll keep "Standby" and "FastPass" entrances in until further notice.

I think the only one your missing (looking at draft 4) is preferred seating/dining package. That is at section U. That has all 3 normal guest line forms here spots that. They also tell you at the meal when they give you the paper tickets to get into the show where to go so not really needed except for the novice that doesn't know where nemo is.

The first show started almost 20 minutes late and more people watched from riverside than in the theater so your seeing 3 theaters worth of people in those pictures. The fastpass line wasn't that long at the time they ended the first show (I was sitting with ice cream waiting for it to get to where I was to jump into it and that worked brilliantly for me.). Being 20 minutes late the show ended 5 minutes after fastpass time started so I think when it's smoother going with the theater that the exiting crowd will disperse before the second line for fastpass starts to form. If anything, they need to delay it another 15 minutes and that might be the answer when pandora is opened unless they are considering 3 shows since there is no pyro to keep reloading.

If you want to do what I did, I arrived next to EE about the time the first show was going to start. sat on the rocks between the EE bar and ice cream truck and waiting for the line to reach the edge of the theater. They load in the theater from the sections closest to center but you enter the line from near section A and they use next to the theater to form the line.

20 minutes late, technical problems?

My one point was to note that on many nights there have been reports of the FP+ being way backed up towards the monkeys and folks are getting in line over an hour in advance. And I don't think it will change whether the show was late or not unless they put a huge gap between them. You still have a few thousand people coming out into a tight area where a few thousand are waiting and some that are going to Everest.

I believe the leaked DP originally showed 3 shows, but with it only 15 minutes long they should be able to put a decent gap in there.

You are saying what you did was sit next to the line as show one was starting so you could join line for show 2, so again, getting to the line very early. So if the DP seating is a much smaller portion, it may be worth paying the extra few dollars on a meal in order to not be in line a long time for decent seats.

20 minutes late, technical problems?
no clue, I wasn't in the area to see what happened I just got there when it was suppose to have started waiting for the second show fp+ time to start. it made the second show 10 minutes late but that was because it took longer to get standby seated. (aka I think they delayed the second show to let more people have a chance to come see it that weren't in line but I was seated in fp and didn't see why it took standby so long to get into the theater) but I could see it half empty witha steady flow of people coming in at advertised start time.

My one point was to note that on many nights there have been reports of the FP+ being way backed up towards the monkeys and folks are getting in line over an hour in advance. And I don't think it will change whether the show was late or not unless they put a huge gap between them. You still have a few thousand people coming out into a tight area where a few thousand are waiting and some that are going to Everest.

jungle book did the same for the first 2-3 weeks. It'll get better. right now everyone is rushing to see it including locals who will die down like anything new that disney does.

I believe the leaked DP originally showed 3 shows, but with it only 15 minutes long they should be able to put a decent gap in there.

I agree, I think the issue might be more that it's new and they don't want the park opened really late yet. I think once pandora, the later sunsets and things are all opened we'll see better spacing. The show I saw was 30 minutes after close.

You are saying what you did was sit next to the line as show one was starting so you could join line for show 2, so again, getting to the line very early. So if the DP seating is a much smaller portion, it may be worth paying the extra few dollars on a meal in order to not be in line a long time for decent seats.

We were only coming in for snacks and ROL so we weren't early as much as the snacks we wanted happened to be where the line started.

this will help:
- 7:20ish we were walking from africa towards EE and say tons and tons and tons of peopel takine up half the walkway trying to watch the show from the walkway between the monkies and the theater.
- 7:30 the first show should have started. It was pretty empty except for normal traffic in the area when there is no show.
- 7:45 it actually started (actually the 5 minute notice when off and it started at 7:50)
- 7:45 cms started to go up the walkway moving thigns like strollers and trash cans to the side and making more room to try to make the situation better.
- 7:50 the fastpass for show 2 window started and they let people line up (still not crowded).
- 8pm we heard what sounded likes start of finale and the fp line finally was long enough for where you enter it so we jumped in.
- 8:10-15ish the theater was empty from the first show and they started to let us go in and sit. they used the door next to the center most fp+ section and worked it's way towards section A (mobility entrance is near A so they are going in separate from the masses).

So if show 1 was on time, it would have ended at 7:45, the theater would ahve been clear by 7:50-7:55 and there would have never been a fp+ line that snaked back towards kali. but figure you want to be near the fp+ entrance by 7:45 or it's going to be a wall of people heading to the tree or leaving the park on that walkway until about pm.

Standby is a different situation where they use a lesser used walkway with no attractions to form a switchback style line so that doesn't make a mess. Preferred used the nemo waiting switchbacks so they aren't in the way either. it's just fastpass and that narrow walkway in that area that is a mess but once things are smoother and CMs know what to do

I can't speak for only 1 show or what the first show line was link, I didn't look. I was just happy to see a second show, fastpasses for it, etc.

I have dinner reservations at Tusker House for 705PM and a FP+ for Rivers of Light at 805PM.

I am not concerned with the BEST seats I am interested in getting a seat and not standing in line for an hour.

That said, do I need to change my dinner reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter