FP MDE App “Refresh” experiment today

For those on this thread who have done this, how many people are in your party? We've done this for 2 people, but I have SEVEN people going next trip. Anyone have success with this system with larger groups?

For those on this thread who have done this, how many people are in your party? We've done this for 2 people, but I have SEVEN people going next trip. Anyone have success with this system with larger groups?

We're a family of 5. During summer, it's easy as can be to get nearly anything for us as one group. During Thanksgiving, and especially last week during Xmas, I wound up splitting us up into 2 and 3 to have somewhat better success.

We're a family of 5. During summer, it's easy as can be to get nearly anything for us as one group. During Thanksgiving, and especially last week during Xmas, I wound up splitting us up into 2 and 3 to have somewhat better success.
Splitting the group is a great idea, thank you!! We're going the last week of August, so it's not "busy season" but can still draw crowds.

2 people in my group. you can split your group and overlap FP time.

We did it with five during Jersey week and Veteran's Day Weekend. At various times got almost anything we set our minds to get other than the Pandora rides and 7DMT. Sometimes it took a bunch of refreshing and sometimes we abandoned one ride to take another but it all worked out at the end.

We had 11 in our group. I split into groups of 2 or 4. Any more than that and nothing came up. If the times I found didn't initially overlap, I selected it anyway and then just played around with times until an overlapping one popped up. Sometimes it took around 10 minutes but it was easy to do in line or on busses. I was never able to get FoP, but was able to get Space, Everest, TSM, R&R, ToT, Peter Pan, and Test Track.

I have done this in the past but never thought anything of it. I never tried it over and over. Nice tip. I guess this is great for those who spend the full day on the park. I’ll have to try it more for later in the day when we come back in but again a lot of times it’s a diff park by then. But thanks for the overview.

Very cool.

We also got FoP x 3 in one day on 12/18 so it was by no means low crowds. It was for a party of 4. It was just luck and some perseverance, but honestly it took many more refreshes to get overlapping NRJ x 1 than FoP x 3 rides, which was weird. For NRJ, I booked a party of 2,then tried to get overlapping times for the other party of 2. I had to take non-overlapping times initially and then modify for that party of 2 until I got overlapping times finally.

:rolleyes1DH is going to think I am certifiable when I put these "techniques" to work on our next trip. I even (kind of have them built into my touring plan). I will be in the FP+ line checking to modify the next one to an earlier time after the scan. He will appreciate it in the end.

:rolleyes1DH is going to think I am certifiable when I put these "techniques" to work on our next trip. I even (kind of have them built into my touring plan). I will be in the FP+ line checking to modify the next one to an earlier time after the scan. He will appreciate it in the end.
That's exactly what we did on our trip. Refreshed while in line for the ride.

Hi All!
Do you have to tap the first FP for this to work or can you let the FP expire?

Hi All!
Do you have to tap the first FP for this to work or can you let the FP expire?
I prefer to tap it because they don't always fall off when simply letting them expire. We had that happen in December where a CM said not to bother tapping. 2 of the 3 of us still did and the 3rd person's FP stayed around and made it so we couldn't add another FP later for her as it didn't recognize it as having been used. I spoke with another CM who said that happens and she couldn't do anything about it so I just added another FP for a time available right then and we tapped that one to use it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter