FP MDE App “Refresh” experiment today

what?????? I need to do more research obviously...... so the general idea is ,day of, you can use your FIRST Fp of the day,and then start looking? or you need to use all 3 before you can start trying this?

You need to use all 3 but what is mentioned is what we also do. We set our hardest to get FP for 9:00 and then the others at 10 and 11. As soon as we tap our 9:00 FP we modify our 2nd FP to an earlier time and then once we tap our 2nd we move up the 3rd. Within the first hour of the park opening we usually are already making additional FP's for tier 1 rides and just keep getting more.

ok....I'm trying to understand what 'hit refresh' means exactly here- I'm currently looking at today on the app, I can see some times available for a few rides (nothing great) so to 'refresh', I try afternoon,then try evening, then try morning again? I'm just looking for kicks,I'm not actually there lol Just don't get what the refresh part is

ok....I'm trying to understand what 'hit refresh' means exactly here- I'm currently looking at today on the app, I can see some times available for a few rides (nothing great) so to 'refresh', I try afternoon,then try evening, then try morning again? I'm just looking for kicks,I'm not actually there lol Just don't get what the refresh part is
Just keep clicking the time you want. If that's 1:00 then keep clicking that...no point clicking a time you don't want.

Just keep clicking the time you want. If that's 1:00 then keep clicking that...no point clicking a time you don't want.
thanks. So My phone is a bit older, so maybe my app behaves differently- I hit one time I'm looking at, but hitting it again doesn't change anything. I hit the time next to it, and then go back to check to see any differences. BTW I was checking for FOP for today which is basically impossible I'm guessing,and nothing came up at all. But this is good info to practice with!

thanks. So My phone is a bit older, so maybe my app behaves differently- I hit one time I'm looking at, but hitting it again doesn't change anything. I hit the time next to it, and then go back to check to see any differences. BTW I was checking for FOP for today which is basically impossible I'm guessing,and nothing came up at all. But this is good info to practice with!
It can take some time to find a few of the hardest to get FP's but earlier this month we were able to get multiple additional FOP FP's each day we were at AK. Some took 15-20 minutes while others took mere seconds.

It won't change if there is still nothing available. It can take many refreshes to get what you want. And it really doesn't matter what time you click on. It will show you any available FP time, with the note that this isn't the time you asked for but this is what'a available. I also had no luck getting a FP+ for FOP in advance of our December trip, but on the day of our AK visit, I kept poking at the MDE app to repeatedly refresh it while we were eating lunch, and lo and behold, there was a FP+ for FoP in half an hour. I also for a FP+ for Navi right after we did FoP. It seems to be easier to get FP+ for popular attractions on the day of your visit, if you can be persistent about refreshing.

It won't change if there is still nothing available. It can take many refreshes to get what you want. And it really doesn't matter what time you click on. It will show you any available FP time, with the note that this isn't the time you asked for but this is what'a available. I also had no luck getting a FP+ for FOP in advance of our December trip, but on the day of our AK visit, I kept poking at the MDE app to repeatedly refresh it while we were eating lunch, and lo and behold, there was a FP+ for FoP in half an hour. I also for a FP+ for Navi right after we did FoP. It seems to be easier to get FP+ for popular attractions on the day of your visit, if you can be persistent about refreshing.

The only issue with just clicking any random time is if there ends up being a bunch of times available. You will only see the 3 times closest to the time you chose so could potentially miss a preferred time..that's why I recommend still clicking the exact time you want over and over.

hmmmm It was interesting...the FOP never showed after about 10 minutes of testing (for today lol) but I noticed the other rides kept changing the time available with every click....

what if you only have booked 2 FP? Like safari and dinosaur, or whatever, can you same day keep trying for FOP or River? Or you have to go thru 3 completely? IE is it as easy to get a FOP same day as a 4th, 5th etc

what if you only have booked 2 FP? Like safari and dinosaur, or whatever, can you same day keep trying for FOP or River? Or you have to go thru 3 completely? IE is it as easy to get a FOP same day as a 4th, 5th etc
If you only have 2 FPs booked, you have the #3 FP slot to fill. You can look for any FP - even another Tier 2 for a total of 3 different Tier 2s.

Book a random third then as soon as you tap that one go for a fourth

Did this today at Studios. After our first 3 were done, I checked and there was nothing available but Muppets. Messed around clicking on times for about 5 minutes and found ToT in an hour. Same thing in the ToT line, nothing but Muppets and after a few times R&R popped up. Same thing in the R&R line, nothing and then a TSM in a half hour popped. Just keep checking. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it!

We saw the "not eligible" message a few times as well when booking, for example, Toy Story again after using it as part of our original 3 FP. The message on the app indicated that we could not make a FP for the same ride twice in one day. We had a party of 10 (that all rode Toy Story previously) and it allowed all but 2 to make the FP again and made the other 2 not eligible. It wasn't consistent on how it functioned.
Maybe it depends on the ride?

Pretty sure you CAN do FOP multiple times. Right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter