• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fort Wilderness Campground - Switching site midweek

joshdchap

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to book a week at the FW campground. I can't find anything available for the entire week we want to go. I did find that the first 3 nights, there is a full hookup site available and then the last 3 nights there is a preferred site available. Is there any down side to just booking them both on separate reservations? I was planning to do 'room only' and just grab the tickets at a bit of a discount elsewhere. No dining plans for us, so no concerns there, from what I can tell.
Have you done anything similar? Is there anything I should be thinking about, that I might have missed? Obviously it is not ideal, to tear down, hitch up and move half way through, but those are the dates that work best for us, so I'm willing to do it if I must.

Thanks for any input.

I did it and it worked out. But , they moved me , i didnt book ot all myself. I had a pop up camper and site, but then i bought a TT. I would book ot and call and see if they can merge the reservations into one, they might be able to get you in somewhere. Or not. I do recall, they did call us when to move. So we were ready at say 11 am to move, and they called at 1230ish to say our other site was ready. They let us stay on our site untill the other one was ready. So be prepared for that. And make sure they know. Other thing to do is ask at check in , maybe they can swing something so you dont have to move. Eaither way, its worth it.

Yes keep checking before you arrive and even while you are there (in person in the early AM or late PM) before the move date comes. The CM's at the Fort front desk will help if possible (this is not an unusual predicament for them).

That's all you can do.

Good luck!

Bama Ed

.I didn’t mean to post a response but would add
Good luck wishes for your plans.

Last edited:

Thanks all! I've learned that availability is very fluid here. The original availability from last night is gone, but I did find another one where I can book the whole week. It is a premium meadow site, which I don't really care to pay the extra for, but since it is all I can find. I will book it for now and keep an eye out for what I really want. Thanks for the input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter