Fort Wilderness Activites

Dtw002

Mouseketeer
We are staying at Boulder Ridge this July and are thinking of spending an afternoon at Fort Wilderness. I wanted to see how the activities were over there (horses/canoe/bikes) Do you need to make reservations ahead of time? Is it better to go morn/afternoon/night?

Posted under resorts, but figured here might be better. Thanks!

Thanks!

I believe the horseback riding and the guided fishing and Segway tours all require reservations everything else Bike,canoe rentals are on an as available basis

We are staying at Boulder Ridge this July and are thinking of spending an afternoon at Fort Wilderness. I wanted to see how the activities were over there (horses/canoe/bikes) Do you need to make reservations ahead of time? Is it better to go morn/afternoon/night?

Posted under resorts, but figured here might be better. Thanks!

Thanks!

Horse rides are scheduled up at the checkin area off Vista Boulevard according to the FW recreation link above.

Canoes are also in the Rec link. An hourly charge, not expensive, an enjoyable experience.

Bikes are by the hour, last I paid $18 a day (or hourly), must be checked out and returned same day from the Bike Barn in the middle of the Fort (helmets available if needed).

Only the horse rides need a reservation. There is also the campfire/singalong with Chip and Dale followed by a movie nightly. We have a schedule on the Camping Board as it is updated monthly:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...ovie-and-recreation-calendar-is-here.3737944/

And honestly, the best activity is walking around the loops and checking out the different campers, trailers, decorations, and engaging campers in conversation.

Bama Ed

PS - from Boulder Ridge (WL Villas) you ain't that far away. Maybe next time you can stay closer to where you want to and get a cabin at FW?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter