FORMAL Night on the Magic ..... so sad .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rarely get into the "what to wear" discussion but I just wanted to post the following direct from the DCL website:

Dinner attire is "cruise casual," meaning no shorts, swimwear or tank tops. Palo diners will want to dress up a bit more than when dining at Lumiere's or Triton's, though Guests are free to dress up for any dinner. A Personal Navigator—Disney Cruise Line's daily newsletter detailing all there is to see and do—will arrive at your stateroom daily with dressing advice for that night's dinner.

Nowhere does it say you have to dress up for dinner unless you are dining in Palo (and I would assume Remy). They just ask for no shorts, swimwear or tank tops. I have done 12 Disney cruises and never have I been bothered by what others are wearing at dinner.

Bottom line: if you want to dress up go ahead. If you don't that's ok too, just don't wear shorts, swimwear or tank tops.

Let's just move on and please don't what other people are wearing ruin what should be a vacation of a lifetime :)

Also from the DCL website itself - special theme nights with additional attire requirements.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faqs/onboard-dining/dining-attire/

Onboard DiningQuestion
What should I wear to dinner?
Answer
Dining Dress requirements vary by venue or theme night on your cruise. In general, most meals are "Cruise Casual"—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops. Most cruises also have special theme nights with additional attire requirements. Here's a breakdown of these events by cruise itinerary.

On 3-night cruises:

One cruise casual night—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
One "dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women
On 4-night cruises:

First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One "dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women
Final night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
On 7-night cruises:

First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
Three additional "cruise casual" nights—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One formal and one semi-formal night—formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for women: gown or dress; semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.
Dress code at Palo on all cruises:

Men: dress pants and shirt or jacket
Women: dress or pantsuit
Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes
Dress code at Remy on all cruises:

A tuxedo or jacket (sports or suit jacket) is required with dress pants for men. Ties are optional.
A cocktail dress, pant suit or skirt/blouse is required for women.
Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes.
For cruises that request formalwear attire, Guests can pre-order tailored formalwear rentals and have it delivered directly to their staterooms upon arrival. To learn more, visit Cruiseline Formalwear.

With that said I would prefer if you dressed according to the theme night requirements. It does (in my opinion) add to the atmosphere when the people around you are dressed more formally on formal night. I'm not really going to care if you don't dress according to the requirments and it won't jeoparidize my enjoyment of the cruise. I will probably notice though if you walk by my table looking like a slob.
I do ask they you (general you) leave profanity off of the clothes you pack for the cruise. I was not impressed with the lady on my recent cruise who was wearing a tee-shirt that said "Drunk as ****" (The astricks are mine as I'm sure the filter would add them anyway, but it was not **** on her shirt.) My 6 year old can read and I really don't need her reading that on a family cruise vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter