Formal night on PCC 4.0?

WebmasterLeah

DIS Veteran
We haven't done a 7-night cruise yet and are curious about formal night. Does my husband have to wear a suit or is a dress shirt and tie ok (obviously with black pants and dress shoes)? It's not as much of an issue for the boys and I, b/c our clothes are smaller and wouldn't take up the room of a suit jacket!

This is from the DCL website:

One formal and one semi-formal night—formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for women: gown or dress; semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.

But honestly, I don't think they will turn him away from the dining room if he doesn't have a jacket on. :goodvibes

But honestly, I don't think they will turn him away from the dining room if he doesn't have a jacket on. :goodvibes

Yup. As long as he wears a nice shirt.

Where I grew up in Panama Canal Zone, wearing a nice guayabera shirt = wearing a suit. [Sorry, just got back from a CZ reunion...have to switch back to Disney mode]

We've been on a number of 7 night Disney cruises. You will see everything from tuxedos and formal gowns on down to very casual. DH started out with a full suit on the first cruise and quickly moved down to a nice shirt and tie. I started out with glittery separates and now just jazz up whatever I've packed with some fancy costume jewelry.

It's a matter of what you're comfortable with. Go with what works for you. What would you wear for a family picture? Formal night is a good time to have pictures taken. If you don't like them, you don't have to buy them.

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!