Forget Aruba... we're going on a Disneymoon! PTR

Aimros

Zip a dee doo dah!
Hello everyone! :wave:

I've been a long time member of these boards and have read many trip reports during my time. I've tried to keep memories written down in my own personal journals after trips, but I've finally come to the conclusion that I should actually write a trip report on here... why you may ask? Well, for one thing, if I get some followers, maybe I'll actually follow up with it. And for another, what better way to remember my trip and relive my memories than with all of you lovely people?

So, since our trip is just under a year away, and I can't write a TR about a trip that hasn't happened yet, I've decided to start a pre-trip report. Disney trip planning has become my favorite past-time since 2006, I just can't seem to get enough of it, so welcome aboard and prepare yourself for an adventure!

Alright, so how shall we begin? I suppose first things first. My name is Aimros :bride:, and I'm engaged to a great guy who we will call Matjoh :car:. Matjoh is not a member of these boards, mainly because his forum interests lie elsewhere (in things that have engines, wheels, and can go real fast) and also because I keep him Disney informed more than he could ever hope for.

Matjoh & I have been together for 7 years now. We met in high school and became engaged in May. The thought of a Disney wedding never really crossed my mind, because we're on a budget and because there are a lot of people who I'd like to be there who wouldn't be able to if it was in WDW. Anyway, we are getting married next August, and have decided to honeymoon in Disney. We have been to Disney together 3 times now, so at first me (being the planner of the wedding/honeymoon) had nixed the idea of going to WDW because I thought it was time to try something different (I know, I know :scared1:). But then the more I thought about it, the more I realized we have already traveled near & far to many different places together, and the one place we love most is WDW. We talked about how we knew we would have a good time there, we would know what to expect, I could have fun planning, and how there are a lot of things we haven't done yet that we'd love to try. So shortly after we were booked for a week next August at POR. :woohoo:

I'm not really sure what my goals are for this PTR, except to have fun discussing and planning with all of you other DISer's out there. I hope you'll join me on this journey to see how it evolves - make sure you fasten your seat belts, because this time rover is going to get us to next August before you know it!

Proposed upcoming chapters (subject to change):
Prologue
I. Past trips together and the reason we chose WDW AGAIN (despite the August heat)!
A Random Wedding Update - 1!
The To-Do List that I wish I could just to-do!
II. Special plans for our Disneymoon
III. Can we get from home to POR by floating down the Sassagoula? A decision for POR
IV. Oh the places we'll go, the things we will eat! A decision against the DxDP

With more to come as we go!

Alright people, not one comment or follower? Am I really that boring? :rotfl2:

Well I don't know if I'd necessarily blame you for saying yes! First of all, this trip is almost a year away so who wants to read a PTR with so much time to go? Second, I didn't include any pictures! I know I'm being a hypocrite because I barely read other people's TR's or PTR's if there are no pics... but I'm still a little weirded out about putting my OWN pictures online. I think I've seen too many episodes of Law & Order SVU :rotfl:. I could just see the caption in TV Guide now:

"Twenty-something year old woman gets abducted after crazy person becomes obsessed with her online Disney blog. Benson and Stabler to the rescue. Disney offers free trip to victim to help with emotional distress." Tuesday at 10pm.

So, with that disclaimer about my overactive imagination out in the open, I will continue on with this PTR and see where it goes!

As promised, this chapter will be about our past trips together. I have been to WDW 6 times with one trip to Disneyland Paris. Matjoh has accompanied me on 3 of those WDW trips and the trip to DLP. The other three were trips that were taken when I was still a young tyke without a Disney clue, with no idea that in just a few short years I would become the biggest WDW Obsessie in my family!

A bit about our past trips together:

Trip 1 - Off-site in 2006
My DGP's were nice enough to take all of their grandkids (and their fantastic boyfriends!) on a trip in November 06. We stayed off-site because of our larger group, and it was my first re-introduction to the world as an adult. This is when it all began...
EpcotIlluminations41-1.jpg

Trip 2 - August 2007
I couldn't even make it another year after our trip in 06... I told Matjoh to pack his bags because we were going back for free dining! We stayed at POP and had a good time, but swore we would never go back in summer time EVER AGAIN. We were cranky half-way through everyday and were tired of the heat and humidity... but lo and behold, here we are again! The dining was definitely the best part. We never would have eaten like that EVER without the DDP. This was before things changed, so we were able to eat like royalty with appetizers, entrees, drinks, and desserts and didn't have to leave a tip (whoo hoo!). Even though the humidity was getting to us by the end of everyday, the outstanding meals we had made up for it. We ate at Crystal Palace (breakfast), Kona (dinner), WCC (dinner), Coral Reef (dinner), 50's Prime Time (lunch), Wolfgang Puck Cafe (dinner). We both agreed that Coral Reef was our favorite meal of the trip, although I've stopped eating beef since then (in a quest to someday become a full vegetarian... it hasn't been easy!), so I wouldn't order the NY Strip Steak again. We also both agreed that the only place we would return to on this list for our next trip would be Crystal Palace for breakfast, despite our full enjoyment of WCC, WPC, Kona, and Coral Reef (50's prime time really didn't give us a reason to go back ever... the food was so-so, and our waiter wasn't very "into" it).
SecondDay044.jpg

Trip 3 - March 2009
Matjoh & I finally had a spring break at the same time! I had been itching to go to Europe for years so we planned a week long excursion to London & Paris. Most certainly not enough time to see all of the sites, but I made sure we made a stop at DLP. It was interesting to say the least. I don't feel the need to ever have to go back, but I'm glad we got to experience another Disney park.
DSCN2082.jpg

Main Street in DLP

DSCN2073.jpg

Only 7272 kilometers from home!

Trip 4 - November 2009
It's so nice having a CM friend! One of my friends from college graciously invited us to visit her while she was working in Disney... we got a fantastic discount on our room at CSR and didn't have to pay for tickets the whole time we were there. We had a fantastic time on this trip even though we only stayed for five short days.
DSC_0021-1.jpg

Loved Coronado and would definitely return someday!

So, now that you've heard about the past, let's look forward to the future! As I mentioned in the first post, I hadn't been thinking too much about a WDW honeymoon trip (ok, ok, you got me, it was always in the back of my mind! :rolleyes1). I had always imagined us going to some all-inclusive beach resort and lounging around for a week. Well let me tell you one thing about Matjoh. He's not a lounger. He gets bored at beaches in about 20 minutes and can't sit still to even build a sand castle (however, sometimes he does build nice sand piles). He also doesn't drink much, so the all-inclusive alcohol would really only be consumed by yours truly :laughing:. The more I thought about it, the more I realized WDW is a perfect spot for our honeymoon. We both love it there, we know we would have fun, we know I would absolutely LOVE planning the trip, and there are so many places we haven't ate at yet and things we could do to make our trip more special (but to hear about those you'll have to wait!).

I had first been thinking about a fall/winter wedding, but realized I didn't want to wait that long. So I planned it for next August, and then kicked myself later for choosing an August wedding JUST BECAUSE August in WDW is lousy, considering we could have gotten married at ANYTIME during the year. Well, after hating myself for a bit, I got over it (and also toyed with the idea of going on a honeymoon later, a few months after the wedding, but nixed that idea since I want to go when we're still excited and in the wedding mood!). Then free dining came out for next August and we were sold!

So that's how this disneymoon came to be, and I'm excited to see how it evolves over the next year or so!

Yay! Finally someone joining in, I was starting to feel a bit rejected :sad2:

I'm excited you're here KatMark... you helped me out a lot last year when we were planning to go to CSR! Looking forward to having you on board! :goodvibes

Yay! Finally someone joining in, I was starting to feel a bit rejected :sad2:

I'm excited you're here KatMark... you helped me out a lot last year when we were planning to go to CSR! Looking forward to having you on board! :goodvibes

No problem. I'm trying not to subscribe to too many new ones because we leave a week from today for CSR, but I couldn't resist yours. :goodvibes

No problem. I'm trying not to subscribe to too many new ones because we leave a week from today for CSR, but I couldn't resist yours. :goodvibes

Well I promise not too post too much while you're gone so you won't have too much catching up to do when you get back! :thumbsup2

Alright people! What do I have to do to get you to read my PTR? Offer you a prize? Give out free food? Do a little jig? :dancer:

Well too bad! I'm not going to do any of that! But I can let you in on some random wedding news......

I got my dress last night! :banana:

It was my fourth time trying on dresses. We went 3 times to one bridal store and had it narrowed down to a couple, but I wanted to try one more store because I just didn't feel like the dress I liked was "the one". I went to a new bridal store and had a few picked out when the woman who was helping me asked if I liked one of the dresses on the mannequin, and I did, although I really need to see a dress on me before I can make a decision. As she was taking it off, I could see all of its glorious beauty and had a feeling that might be the one. I had it on for about an hour when I decided to get it, and then that's when things got anti-climactic. I was almost a little sad after the deposit got put down... can't change my mind now, no more dress shopping, that's it, donzo, that's the ONLY wedding dress I'll EVER get to wear. I hope I made a good decision, especially since I won't see it on again for another 8 months or so!

I bet you all want me to post what said dress looks like. Well too bad, I'm not. I'm punishing you for not subscribing sooner. Just kidding, I'm not punishing anyone, but I do like to keep my secrets under wraps. We'll see, maybe I'll crack... Instead I'll throw in a random Disney picture for you all to enjoy:

DSC_0079-1.jpg

Aaah, brings me to my happy place! I can't take credit though, Matjoh's the photog in this relationship!

Have a great weekend! :)

Well I promise not too post too much while you're gone so you won't have too much catching up to do when you get back! :thumbsup2

I'm taking my laptop with me (ssh....don't tell my hubby) and will be trying to keep as up to date as possible. I'll post a link here when we are back (or in my PTR) so you can see updated pics of CSR. :)

Hey! I subscribed. Don't I get to see the dress???? :confused3

Congratulations. I remember (one of the few things I remember from 27 years ago) that I was sad when I finally found my dress as I knew I wouldn't be shopping anymore for one. :sad2:

Hey! I subscribed. Don't I get to see the dress???? :confused3

Hey! No guilt trips allowed in this PTR! :mad:

The real reason is I don't want certain people seeing it (ahem, Matjoh) who may or may not know how to look on here and get ideas. I might change my mind though and post it anyway! But that might have to be saved for some boring day in February when nothing else is going on and I still have MONTHS to go before the big day!

Well people, I guess I'll just keep talking to myself if no one else wants to join in! That's fine, you can't shut me up even thought you're all trying! I won't give in to your resistance!

I made a list today of all the things I need to do for the honeymoon. Then I realized I have WAAAY too long before I can actually start doing these things. I don't think I've ever planned a Disney trip this far out. In fact, my last 2 trips I booked right around the 180 day mark so I didn't even have to wait to book any ADR's. I have to wait until the end of February to book our ADRs for August. AAGGGGGH! Good thing Modern Family and The Office start next week, I'll have something else to obsess over (mmmmm tv.... :happytv:).

So here's the to-do list:

1. Find cheap plane tickets
2. Find cheap rental car
3. Rack up Disney rewards dollars
4. Buy Disney gift cards to pay for OOP meals (more on this in a later post, if you even care...)
5. Book ADR's a million years from now
6. Book tee times so Matjoh can golf a billion years from now
7. Book spa time so Aimros can spa a billion and one years from now
8. Consider booking Wishes Dessert Party if still exists a trillion years from now
9. Refill travel prescriptions (more on this later, I can provide pukey details if so desired...aimros on planes =:crazy2:)
10. Finalize which places we want to eat at (probably should do this before #5)
11. Find sundresses and buy reebok easy tone flip flops so I can eat 10 chocolate croissants from France bakery, 12 mickey bars, 6 cupcakes, a Kitchen Sink, and a few Ghiradelli sundaes and not feel too guilty (the flipflops to work muscles more, the sundresses so there are no buttons to button up)
12. Figure out how we will get from home to the airport and vice versa

There was more on the list but I'm tired of typing for tonight, considering no one will probably read this anyway. Actually, I bet a lot of you are just lurking around, and I bet by now you've formed a nice little club where you've pledged not to comment on my PTR to see just how much more I'll type before giving up. Well guess what secret-club-of-lurkers (SCOL from now on), I won't let you win! And better yet, I'll even leave you with a random Disney picture so you have something to dream about tonight:

AnimalKingdom033.jpg

Goats are my favorite! This little guy loved having his pic taken at AK. Have a magical night everyone! :wizard:

Well people, I guess I'll just keep talking to myself if no one else wants to join in! That's fine, you can't shut me up even thought you're all trying! I won't give in to your resistance!

I made a list today of all the things I need to do for the honeymoon. Then I realized I have WAAAY too long before I can actually start doing these things. I don't think I've ever planned a Disney trip this far out. In fact, my last 2 trips I booked right around the 180 day mark so I didn't even have to wait to book any ADR's. I have to wait until the end of February to book our ADRs for August. AAGGGGGH! Good thing Modern Family and The Office start next week, I'll have something else to obsess over (mmmmm tv.... :happytv:).

So here's the to-do list:

1. Find cheap plane tickets
2. Find cheap rental car
3. Rack up Disney rewards dollars
4. Buy Disney gift cards to pay for OOP meals (more on this in a later post, if you even care...)
5. Book ADR's a million years from now
6. Book tee times so Matjoh can golf a billion years from now
7. Book spa time so Aimros can spa a billion and one years from now
8. Consider booking Wishes Dessert Party if still exists a trillion years from now
9. Refill travel prescriptions (more on this later, I can provide pukey details if so desired...aimros on planes =:crazy2:)
10. Finalize which places we want to eat at (probably should do this before #5)
11. Find sundresses and buy reebok easy tone flip flops so I can eat 10 chocolate croissants from France bakery, 12 mickey bars, 6 cupcakes, a Kitchen Sink, and a few Ghiradelli sundaes and not feel too guilty (the flipflops to work muscles more, the sundresses so there are no buttons to button up)
12. Figure out how we will get from home to the airport and vice versa

There was more on the list but I'm tired of typing for tonight, considering no one will probably read this anyway. Actually, I bet a lot of you are just lurking around, and I bet by now you've formed a nice little club where you've pledged not to comment on my PTR to see just how much more I'll type before giving up. Well guess what secret-club-of-lurkers (SCOL from now on), I won't let you win! And better yet, I'll even leave you with a random Disney picture so you have something to dream about tonight:

AnimalKingdom033.jpg

Goats are my favorite! This little guy loved having his pic taken at AK. Have a magical night everyone! :wizard:

Where are you flying from for your plane tickets?

I'm going to say goodbye now because we leave for Disney Friday a.m., but I'll be checking in when I get back. :)

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooo

Hellooooo out there!

ANYONE OUT THERE?

Lurkers?

ANYONE?!

:eek:

Thanks. We had another great time visiting Disney (there are a few pics up on my PTR, linked in my signature). I won't do a Trip Report until I get home. We're on Marco Island now for eight days.

Hope you are doing well. And I really wish some readers would show up and read or it's going to be you and me having a conversation all the time. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter