? for those who have stayed at Coronado Springs Resort recently

Tink3815

DIS Veteran
I am thinking of changing from Pop Century to Coronado Springs for my early February trip in a standard room. I have stayed at both before. For those of you who have been their recently, are all the buildings open? Are the smaller pools open in the sections or do you have to walk to the main pool? How was the internal bus service? This is not a park trip. Just to get some sun and warmth and nice dinners in for 4 days for 2 seniors. What building would be the best to request to be near the main building?

Thanks

So far they’ve just been putting non-Tower guests in Casitas. There does not appear to be enough demand to have Ranchos and Cabanas open. However all pools on property, including the leisure pools at Ranchos and Cabanas, are open.

Casitas is closest to the main building, so you’ll be there by default, but never hurts to call and ask to add “Casitas, close to Gran Destino tower” to your reservation.

I thought bus service was fine, but we were 50/50 bus/car. Lines looked long for rope drop but were non existent other times. This was Thanksgiving week, FWIW.

Enjoy your trip!

The food situation there was not great. We were there Thanksgiving week as well and were glad to have a car because of the limited food choices at the resort itself. It impacted our stay much more than I assumed it would.

ETA: CSR isn't crowded, which is a plus. Pop seems to be, from all reports, much busier than CSR lately. When we were there over Thanksgiving, the pools were great since they were not crowded and all of them were open, as others mentioned. That's one thing CSR does have going for it right now, it'd probably be a less stressful resort experience.

Last edited:
We did a resort only stay in October. The pool situation was great - not too crowded at the main pool first thing in the morning, and had one of the other pools to ourselves in the evening. But the food situation was not great as noted above. Ended up having to drive to McDonald's after searching for dinner one night.

Just something to keep tabs on - a post today on the main CSR thread said they were told the NBA G League (which is scheduled to arrive Jan. 26 - I read this in the news somewhere and noted the day since we leave CSR on the 22nd) will be staying in the Casitas section and they were moved to Cabanas. I guess if this is the case, those sections will be opening shortly. They've been closed to date.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...tion-questions.3270962/page-604#post-62598829
We had a mostly good bus experience at CSR in November except for a Monday/Tuesday for rope drop. One other time we did have a long wait to return from DS early on a Saturday afternoon. We did use the buses to go to DHS to ride the Skyliner and other things like that and it was fine.

It's all personal preferences, but I'd choose CSR over Pop, we were originally at Pop in November and it was only a few dollars more to change.

Also, if mobile ordering from Three Bridges and want to eat at dinnertime, definitely order early! We waited 2 hours one evening and an hour the other.

Thank you for the information. It was about 10 years ago we stayed there last time. Does each set of buildings have their own parking area?

I am thinking of changing from Pop Century to Coronado Springs for my early February trip in a standard room. I have stayed at both before. For those of you who have been their recently, are all the buildings open? Are the smaller pools open in the sections or do you have to walk to the main pool? How was the internal bus service? This is not a park trip. Just to get some sun and warmth and nice dinners in for 4 days for 2 seniors. What building would be the best to request to be near the main building?

Thanks
You have a few topics in your post:
Pop vs CSR. Both have refurb updated rooms, but we found two different experiences. Pop is a high energy bustling resort. CSR is a laid-back complex, low energy and quiet.

We were at Pop in Sept 2020, and just finished a week in CSR Jan 2021. Pop is all open, CSR only has the Tower and Casitas open. We were in Casista building 4, very close to the first bus stop.

CSR Bus transportation was NO PROBLEM. Probably one of the better WDW bus experiences we've had on a trip.

Pop has the skyliner which is great ... except for park opening. At park opening for HS and Epcot, Pop skyliner has a line, then you transfer at the CBR hub ... with another line (30-40 minute lines). At CSR, we had a 5 minutes wait, got on the bus, and went right to the park. If you like rope dropping park openings, its a factor. If you are more casual people, the skyline is great, shortly after opening times.

CSR Internal bus service is good. Casita bus station is the first stop for all park buses. So hop on ANY park bus, and ride over to the tower, front desk, merch, and food court. The Disney Spring bus runs in reverse, starting at the tower. So ride that bus, back to Casita stop.

Casita 1 and 2 are PREFERED, closest to the main building. If you reserved Standard room, Casita 4 is very close to the bus stop.

CSR - Rix sports bar has decent bar food. We found Three Bridges food was better (opens at 5pm I believe). There was about an hour wait for Three Bridges, after parks started to close.

Last edited:
From our family's experience over the Christmas holiday all pools throughout CSR were open for use. We stayed in Casitas and took the afternoon to enjoy the Rancheros quiet pool all to ourselves. Towels were out and staff cleaned and sanitized all touch areas while we were there. It was our own 3 hour private pool over the Christmas holiday at a Disney resort. I don't expect to be able to say those words ever again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter