For those that say they don't shop at Walmart ever........

Target or Kroger. Kroger has new "super stores" that have more stuff.

Target is 5 minutes from my house, local roads. Walmart is 15 minutes from my house, highway. I've never been to Walmart!

I go to multiple stores. I would get glue and copy paper at Office Max or Staples. I would get blender and night light at Macy's. I would get laundry soap at the grocery store and I would get pool supplies at a pool supply store. We don't shop at Walmart, Target or KMart. They are not very nice here.

I can't say I never shop at Walmart, but I try not to. I usually will go to Target. It's only about an 8 minute drive from my house.

in the midwest, we have Meijer
Oh and me too- I can't say I never shop Walmart, but I avoid it when I can

I don't have a Walmart anywhere near where I live and work so I don't shop there, but I don't see why anybody would have to get all those items in the same store at the same time.

A blender is something I would shop around for and then buy at Bed, Bath & Beyond, Costco, Macy's, or Target. I'd buy one (or any other small appliance) at wherever sold the one I most wanted for the best price.

Glue, copy paper, nightlights, and laundry detergent, I usually buy at ShopRite (NJ supermarket). Laundry detergent I always buy on sale and usually with a coupon. I keep my eye out for good sales and buy mostly Tide with Bleach Alternative. If I see a great price on another detergent (like Wisk), I'll buy it and use it on my towels and sheets. Tide works best on stains so it's what I use for our clothes.

I put all in the same trip because I don't have much in the way of other stores to pick from here..........LOL..........we live semi rural, so other than a local walmart ( which is a very nice clean one), we have stop and shop ( groceries ) and there is a staples near by too.

stop and shop is over priced on everything........staples I do use a lot.

but to go to macys for the blender, the pool store for the chemicals etc, i would have to travel 25 miles each way. so i use up time and gas.

i try to avoid walmart when i can. but its not always practical to do so.

it really bugs me that before walmart opened, there was a nice local bookstore, and a local department store in the same plaza as the stop and shop.
those are both gone.

I will never go to walmart again. went to the one near me once and it was just gross...dirty, poor lighting, creepy and rude people working there. I have heard there are nicer ones in other parts of the country, but that is definitely not the case.

on the other hand, I love target. am there at least once a week. we have one 10 minutes from my house and they are building one 5 minutes from my house.

even with target I shop at more than one store...costco, target, and my grocery store are the main ones.

I have been in some gross creepy walmarts too!

I think the dirtiest one i have ever been in was in Pennsylvania. we were traveling and needed batteries, ran into this gross disgusting walmart!:sick:

Target
BJ's
Stop N Shop
Shop Rite
Big Lots

I try to avoid Walmart if I can but sometimes they have the best prices and things I can't find anywhere else like those stupid hamster toys that dd wants.

W-M is 2 minutes away from my office, and 12 minutes away from my house. I would rather drive the 40 minutes to Target or Staples than set foot in W-M. To me, it's worth the added expense and time to drive that far. If it's something needed quickly, I'll go to the K-Mart that is about 1 minute further away from W-M, but they don't have much selection (will probably go out of business next year.) I might get things at the Kroger-affiliated grocery, but their prices are higher, although I would pay that before entering a W-M.

I NEVER go to W-M, as I don't agree with their business practices.

Well I can't say I've NEVER been to Walmart but I certainly don't go there more than 1-2x a year and that is usually enough to remind me why I don't go to Walmart.

There is one about 20 minutes away that is nice enough...but it is also 20 minutes away with a $2 toll in between.

I go to Target usually.

For the items listed, I would get much of it at Costco (though I might end up with a lot of glue and several night-lights, lol!)

In other areas of the country I've lived things like that are available at HEB+, Fred Meyer and Meijer.

I can't imagine I'd ever live in an area where their wasn't a Costco or Target.

I buy the pool chemicals at the pool supply store, everything else can be bought at either the grocery store I shop in (Wegmans) or Target. I do go to Walmart once in a while...it takes me 20 minutes to get there. I go there to stock up on some food items that are cheaper than Wegmans (not too many, some prices are way better at Wegmans) or that the store doesn't carry.

I don't shop very often at Wal Mart, just when I have to.

I get my stuff at Target, Wal Greens, Office Max and at other stores previous posters mentioned. All of them plus Wal Mart are within 10 minutes of my house. There is no reason to go to Wal Mart if I don't have to. I may pay a couple of extra bucks for the item but it is worth not having to deal with the crowds, parking, etc. even though we do have a nice Wal Mart.

Usually target.

What bugs me though is that people have bumper stickers on their car against walmart, and what do I see in the backseat? A walmart bag.

We go to the Real Canadian Superstore for the most part. They are huge and have tons of stuff. Outside of that, we make trips to specific stores. I have nothing against shopping at WalMart but we do not have any nearby so we don't usually make the trip. Although I have to say sometimes there is nothing like eating McDonald's fries and browsing through WalMart!:laughing:

We do NOT shop at WM unless we are in dire need of something that cannot be purchased elsewhere and we are too lazy to go to Target. WM is about 5 mins away, Target is about 15.

We go to WM *maybe* once every 2-3 months. And by we, I mean my BF, I do NOT go in there.

Routine things like glue and laundry soap I get at the grocery or CVS here in town.

Meijer is good for most things if I really want one-stop, because its a few miles closer to home than the big shopping district, but usually I just hit several stores. If I drive to get to Target, for example, I also have Staples, Michaels, Kmart, Joanns, Home Depot, Lowes, Kohls, Best Buy, JC Penny, Old Navy, Bed Bath & Beyond, Pier One, Dollar Tree, Justice, Dicks Sports, and Art Vans all at the same intersection.

Living in a small town, I've gotten very good at doing all the specialty shopping (blender, network cable, crown molding, fabric paint, etc) in one trip because those things are either hard to find or more expensive locally and I don't want to waste time or gas on multiple trips into the city.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter