For those taking their kids out of school for Disney, how did you get around....

My kids go to Catholic School in NY state.
first grade & fourth grade.
We are pulling them from school 6 days before Thanksgiving.

They will miss their Class picture. A Thanksgiving party at school and maybe an
assembly.

My first grader may miss a spelling and math test.
My fourth grader may miss a spelling, math, social studies, science, religion and reading test.

I did track what my fouth grader last year would have missed (what he did in third grade
those 6 days) .... it was only a science test and spelling test.

Hopefully the teachers will allow my kids to take the tests early or when they return to school.
Or do a project... report on one of the EPCOT countries... Science project - time of sunrise/sunset each day,
temperature changes 8am, noon and 8pm each day....write a book report.....

Our school also has a policy not to take children away from school for vacation.
I did not pay much attention to it. I PAY for my kids to attend the school.
My DH & I help the school activities. The school would not run without the PSA !

I hope with enough notice, the teachers will not affect a childs grade because of a family vacation.

My DH can not take a long vacation in the summer - due to the nature of his job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter