For those of you who are nervous about your upcoming trips

We flew to WDW on September 15, 2001.

We had a good vacation. We saw so much kindness around us. Many of the domestic tourists had rented cars and left by then, but the people visiting from overseas were literally trapped.

It was spooky quiet in the parks.

I would not travel to Europe right now, but I can't think of anything *they* could do which would make me cancel a trip to Disney World.

Mitla96 - I have to admit that my first thought was "if it's my time to go, I'd rather be happy in WDW than sitting at my desk at work!" - morbid but true.;)

I am more nervous about flying these days, but it's true that if you let the terror threats change the way you live your life, then they've already won.

We leave 3/17 for WDW, and I can't wait. I'm tired of shoveling snow!

Tigger22

PS. Go UConn! Sorry, Bichon Barb - long line of UConn alumni!
We're actually going to the Big East Tournament for the men this year - coming home from that on 3/16 and flying out the next am for WDW!

It's a shame that we have a government that puts people through this kind of anxiety for nothing more than its own political purposes.

Go on with your life and ignore the "Department of Homeland Distress." You won't notice any difference.

I don't like to fly to start with and we were on DCL then 2 days at WDW and flew home the Sat before the 9/11 attacks (what a difference a week earlier made). I was a basket case when we flew to Orlando May 2002, but once we got there I forgot about any worries until we boarded the plane again. One thing I did after 9/11 was I made up an information sheet that I kept in our rental car with all the info about our travel dates, hotels and contact numbers. I also gave copies to several family members too. I admit I'm a worry wart, but that's my personality. DH and I decided not to go on another DCL at this time because we didn't want to be out of the country in case something happened. Worst case we could take our rental car and drive home to Illinois. Can't do that from Grand Cayman!

Tigger22, if you're not with the Orangemen, then I guess the second best thing would be to go with another Big East team. Well, unless of course it's the Hoya's. ;) Put it this way, the if the Big East is like one big family, Syracuse and Georgetown are the two cousins that are always fighting at the family reunion. :p

I like that phrase, "Department of Homeland Distress". My biggest pet peeve right now is the way the news channels indicate continuously on the bottom left side of the screen what terror alert level we are on. Talk about sensationalism.

Our newspaper had an article about how using plastic and duct tape would provide absolutely NO protection from a gas attack called "Duct and Cover"-I thought that was pretty cute.

When I watched the Tapestry Parade 2/15/2003 we had Germans on one side and Japanese tourists on the other-the message of peace and dreams of the future go to me-I cried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter