For those of you that have 3 DVC's where did you purchase your 3rd DVC?

CATANDSAL1009

Mouseketeer
For those of you that have 3 DVC's where did you purchase your 3rd DVC and what was your motivating factor? Did you add on more points to an existing resort or do a completely different resort? We currently have points at 160 points at BLT and 200 points at Saratoga. I'm not planning to buy now but, possibly in the future.

We bought VGC as I thought I would love it but i found I prefer WDW so we sold our third again

First two properties (RIV and AKL) are primarily for bigger family trips in alternating years, so larger point contracts. Last 3 properties (PVB, VGF, CCV) were smaller point contracts (50-120) for DH and I (no adult kids) to have home resort priority for booking at resorts that have difficulty booking studios at 7 months or less.

Bought 1st contract at Copper Creek in 2019 and just added on via Direct in September to Copper Creek again. Waiting on a resale 3rd contract to close (passed ROFR) which is at Beach Club. Loved the pool at BCV and wanted easier booking during food and wine at Epcot. went resale on BCV due to huge gap between resale and direct and we will only have 20years to use it since it expires in 2042. Plan to use Beach clubs points only at beach club. My copper creek direct points can be used for future resorts if needed and will last until 2068.

I don't have three. As of this typing, I don't have one. (In ROFR right now and contemplating my 2nd already.)

I love the alternating years idea... to use one at one resort and another at a second resort. My "third" might be HHI if only because I live in NC and a quick random weekend getaway would be a nice to have....

Well, we "only" have Riviera, LOL, but I would love a Copper Creek next and maybe an AK or GF. I like the idea of split stays and targeting our days of trips to the respective resorts. We do a lot of Epcot/HS though, and we adore Riviera, so I wouldn't rule out adding on and just having a mongo set of points to pass to the kids at Riviera to use when we're gone.

Right now, each new contract we’ve purchased has been at a different resort because I like having 11–month priority at our favorite places. Our 3rd resort was AKV, because we love the animals/savanna, it has a lower point chart, and we prefer Jambo over Kidani (so, the rooms we want are harder to book in the 7-month window). 😍

I am currently contemplating adding on to a resort we already own at for the first time ever!! Our very first contract was at BLT, and I find that many people that we travel with want to stay there due to its location… and I would like to stay in a 1-bedroom there more often with my younger girls… so, having more points there would be helpful! However, I’m still debating if I’d rather a *new* 11-month priority … we’ll see!! 😉

For those of you that have 3 DVC's where did you purchase your 3rd DVC and what was your motivating factor? Did you add on more points to an existing resort or do a completely different resort? We currently have points at 160 points at BLT and 200 points at Saratoga. I'm not planning to buy now but, possibly in the future.
Our DVC TRIFECTA:
SSR - 475 Points
BCV - 30 Points
AKV - 160 Points
-------------------
TOTAL - 665 Points

We love all 3 for different reasons.
When its just the 2 of us, and/or a non-park trip, SSR is great (Close to Disney Springs & LBV Golf)
With Park Tickets its hard to beat BCV for the easy access to EPCOT & DHS
Watching the animals on the Savannas never gets old, and that's why we love AKV

I don't have three. As of this typing, I don't have one. (In ROFR right now and contemplating my 2nd already.)

I love the alternating years idea... to use one at one resort and another at a second resort. My "third" might be HHI if only because I live in NC and a quick random weekend getaway would be a nice to have....
DHHIR is a great getaway trip.
3 hours for us and we like one night stays during the school year.

Bought OKW many years ago, and added a small AKL direct contract. Then we added on resale to AKL. We visited the original VGF when it was new and ended up buying a small contract there, but found we didn't really like the vibe of VGF - beautiful place, but not for us. So we sold that and bought resale at BC because we've grown very fond the Art and Garden Festivals at EPCOT, and the convenience is amazing - not to mention the pool and dining options! So we keep evolving! Our favorite is still AKL, though, and where we have the most points.

We added on RIV and I'm still a bit embarrassed to say but the deal wasn't so bad with the (direct) incentives, the resale restrictions are still BS but in our case if we ever wanted to sell points off we likely would just sell our other 2 resorts first in order of value. The home resort advantage is less of a concern for us now since we go so often but Poly CCV and RIV are all places we wouldn't mind being stuck staying at.

We might add more at CCV because it's our absolute favorite and we are also highly likely to make the Disneyland Tower our 4th home for trips every 2-3 years.

Poly - 200 points
CCV - 175 Points
RIV - 250 points

When we were snagged they were selling AK. It is really a beautiful resort, but at the very last minute, I decided, I wanted to also get BWV. So we did 120 AKV and 120BWV. Then after loving DVC sooo much we got another 100 from BCV. All purchases were direct.

It has worked out beautifully with us booking a week each year, alternating, by borrowing points from future years to cover the cost of a week in a 2BD. While it has gotten all messed up with the 50% issue, we have still taken advantage of each resort each year and we love the different locations.

Beach Club was our third resort because as I had started trying to book different resorts 7 months out, I found BCV was totally impossible, especially during F&W which was one of our favorite times to go. This was also all before Galaxy's Edge so we really lucked out. The location of BCV is really perfect.

The only thing we are missing is a closer MK resort, however, we had lots of success in years past booking Bay Lake and GFV without any issues. It seems the more expensive resorts sell out a bit slower so if you have the points, you can usually snag a Theme Park View or Preferred view in BLT or GFV respectively.

We more or less bought what Disney was selling at that point. Started with OKW and then added HH. After that we added on while on board a DCL cruise twice, once for AKL and the other cruise we bought Aulani.

If I had to do it over, I'd just go with the least expensive resort points. However, I wouldn't buy Vero because of the high MF's though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter