For those affected by closures, I have a question...

Would you book and stay?

• Yes

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters

Maistre Gracey

DIS Veteran
Would you use your expiring, unbankable, or otherwise useless points IF:

1) You could book any villa, at any resort tomorrow. No restrictions. You would still need to use them within use year, just as before.

2) Your job granted you instant time off with full pay. Same for your spouse. Also the kids granted school immunity.

3) Covid threats and forecasts remained as is now.

4) All airfare and travel expenses were extremely reasonable.

5) Disney restaurants were open for takeout.

6) All parks remained closed.

If yes, than I truly understand your plight.
If no, than, well....

Yes. I have a short stay in July with points that expire July 31. From Georgia, I can drive. A resort only stay with take-out at a few restaurants would be a welcome diversion. We would still be practicing social distancing.

I'm leaning more towards offsite resort but would give consideration to one of the onsite resorts. My family thinks the same. So yes - I'll take the banked points for a year extension and use them.

While I am not in the position of losing points, even if my June reservations are cancelled, I would probably not go under your stipulations..

But..being cooped up is bad and getting worse the longer it goes on...especially in a single person household with no other person to physically talk to. And the darn telemarketers are looking at this like "People are home....Fresh meat!" I do text, talk and facetime with friends and family throughout the day...and the internet helps. Shopping trips are more like scavenger hunts. I can certainly understand people wanting to get out and do something. And the cloudy, rainy weather isn't helping. I rather envy my friend that is an over-the-road truck driver, at least he gets a change of scenery.

I'm replying as someone with a June UY. Are these individual or an all or nothing deal?

1) You could book any villa, at any resort tomorrow. No restrictions. You would still need to use them within use year, just as before.

Yes, I still have my soon to be cancelled Memorial Day reservation.

2) Your job granted you instant time off with full pay. Same for your spouse. Also the kids granted school immunity.

Kids are already off school. Spouse is off. I have accrued vacation time.

Yes. I'd get the plane to myself.

$29 airfare each way based on the ticket we have now.

A large part of the disney restaurant experience is the experience. If it were takeout, we'd probably order groceries and cook inside the 1BR.

There are resorts that offer things outside the park. Even if we assume a full quarantine situation, my kids would enjoy sitting on the balcony and watching the animals at AKL. The splash area? They'd love that and there doesn't ever seem to be anyone there when we go anyway.

absolutely yes. we changed our reservations (2) from late April/mid-May to hot-as-Hades early-mid June using Aug UY points, so we discussed a similar scenario (resorts open, parks closed). Our reservations are at the BWV,and walking around Crescent Lake, dining on the BW, using Community Hall, swimming, resort/bar hopping, maybe mini-golf if open, etc are all options we enjoy.

We had a trip for the last week in April. We were most likely still going when they shut down the parks, then they closed the resorts. While we would miss the parks tremendously, just getting away from the New England weather and stay at a WDW was enough. We had a 2 bedroom at Kidani booked.

If yes, than I truly understand your plight.
If no, than, well....

1) You could book any villa, at any resort tomorrow. No restrictions. You would still need to use them within use year, just as before. Yes SSR Preferred :)

2) Your job granted you instant time off with full pay. Same for your spouse. Also the kids granted school immunity. I actually have a job that I can travel whenever I want...So Yes.

3) Covid threats and forecasts remained as is now....Yes

4) All airfare and travel expenses were extremely reasonable.....Still yes.

5) Disney restaurants were open for takeout....Ick. I'd go off-site

Still planning on going I'm not afraid of Covid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter