? for Poly experts RE: balconies

confal1

Mouseketeer
I am going to the Poly Nov 15-22 and staying GV concierge which will hopefully be at the newly renovated Hawaii BLDG by then. I requested a 2nd floor room and know that there is no full balcony, but are there the standing room balconies that have the balcony doors that open, or are there not even balcony doors? Thanks for any response.

2nd floor rooms have the exact same balcony door and open, the same. They slide open 1/2 way, BUT you can not go out and there is no where to stand out, you can stand by the door, they also have the same wood railing the other floor's do.

MKY :D

Silly Question But...Are there also screens (Just in case you want to take in the sounds and smells)?

mkymouse4ever - is correct, and there are no screens on any of the sliding doors at any WDW hotel. The Poly during this renovation are installing sensors on the sliding doors, if opened, the air conditioning turns off now, which makes the room get pretty clammy, VERY fast!!

Another quick question! Does the ground floor have a better chance of having palmetto bugs? I just booked my ressies for next summer and am trying to figure out what floor would work best for us and make a request. My daughters HATE bugs!:earseek:

We stayed on the first floor and had no problems with bugs whatsoever. The only animals we encountered were ducks and birds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter